Don't know what to do

kezzyBee

Silver Member
My mum and dad live down south and we don't see them very often and they're coming down at the weekend for bank holiday.. Basically I don't know exactly whats happening but there is always a get together with my sisters and brother when they come usually involving food and drink. I think they might be planning a bbq at my sisters arrrrgggh what do I do... I dont want her to know about this diet and would love to get involved coz I love our family get togethers but don't think I'm ready for a day off yet. Really can't decide what to do.. Any advise on what you guys would do or have done in similar situations?? xx

Do what you think is best for you hun, this is your weight loss journey and if you want to enjoy time with your family so be it, you just have to be strict with yourself afterwards and don't go too mad!

This is your life and there are healthy options, you could have some chicken or even a burger but stay away from the processed meats as they often have onion powder in them with is high in carbs!!

Yes this what I'm thinking.. Just dont know how well I could control myself lol. Dont know whether to drink with everyone else too obvioysly need to bring myself out of ketosis for that so gonna have to start all over again on monday if I do.

Oooh decisions decisions.. I love this diet but hate the restrictions at times like this xx

Can you tell a little white lie, and say you are on antibiotics - ok you'll have to tell another fib and make up an ailment!!, and not drink alcohol?

With regard the food, why don't you do an SS+ day (sorry not sure what step you are on at the moment), and even take what you can eat, like a lovely salad and some chicken kebabs (make your own and you know you are sticking to the allowed food).

Like others have said, this is what you want to do, and its a shame we've got to hide it... but you know that CD is extremelyrigid, that's why it works.

If you were on WW, I bet this wouldn't cross your mind and you'd be planning to drink and eat (obviously), but once you start, you know how hard it is to stop... and you'd pay when you stand on those scales. You need to find some willpower - you can still eat - but know your limits.

Lx

I'm already thinking about fibbing, I get vertigo alot and I can't drink whilst taking my medication for it so might tell them my vertigos back so I'm back on my tablets and chicken and salad is what I was thinking.. Or could just say I'm not feeling great so not hungry. Just don't trust myself to have a day off yet.

Great, so you've got a ready made ailment - cool!

I understand you not wanting to have a day off quite yet, but - now this may just happen - what if you get to the bbq, and you didn't bring a salad or chicken, and then - god forbid - something snaps and you eat a burger with onions and ketchup? And then a sausage... and another sausage, and then you have a Pimms?!...

With all the will in the world, sometimes these things happen. And really - not being hungry at a bbq? The smell would drive me to distraction, and boy oh boy - my willpower is good - but my stomach is rumbling now just thinking about it!! It's hard. Very hard. Really tough.

But i'm not saying you can't do it. Read some threads over the last few days, and see how many people have gone to bbqs and actually not had anything to eat... lol

It's hard!! lol

I'd just like to have a back up, just for the very worse scenario. lol

Lx

Lx

Haha you are just like me I have all the determination in the world then I get with people enjoying themselves eating lovely food and drinking and something just takes over me lol

kezzyBee said:
My mum and dad live down south and we don't see them very often and they're coming down at the weekend for bank holiday.. Basically I don't know exactly whats happening but there is always a get together with my sisters and brother when they come usually involving food and drink. I think they might be planning a bbq at my sisters arrrrgggh what do I do... I dont want her to know about this diet and would love to get involved coz I love our family get togethers but don't think I'm ready for a day off yet. Really can't decide what to do.. Any advise on what you guys would do or have done in similar situations?? xx

I would try to have a sole source plus meal, bulk up on salad some grilled chicken.. Drinking alcohol is not advised when in ketosis as its dangerous so if you feel like you want to drink bring urself out of ketosis first.

I would personally not drink as my night out the other week led to 8 days messing about on and off plan but hey everyones dif you may find it easy to get back onto it!

Maybe say ur on antibiotics so cant drink but enjoy some healthy food?

As mentioned before its your journey x

Back