Don't know where to start...

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by jodiehazel, 13 June 2014 Social URL.

1. jodiehazel

jodiehazel New Member

Hi, I'm Jodie. Im 24, weigh 15 stone and get married in 13 months. I've bought my dress yet cannot find the willpower to lose a bit of weight so I feel beautiful in it. I thought making the purchase would be the push I needed yet I find myself eating more than ever! I need to get the 3stone off that I have put on in the last two years. I cant seem to make weight watchers work for me and not sure what else is worth a try. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get some motivation back to eat healthily and exercise?!
    Help!!! xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lottiebird

lottiebird Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Hi Jodie :)

13 months is a really good amount of time. You can definitely do it! Motivation... Well that's probably the slipping point for most of us I dare say! Sadly I don't have the answers for you, I'm still trying to find them myself :) but my strategy at the moment is to just do it, and my mind can catch up later. Don't have debates with yourself. If you say you're going for a jog tomorrow, go before you have a chance to talk yourself out of it.

Good luck, I got married in 2012 :)

4. jojo14

jojo14 Full Member

Hey jodie,
    Why don't you try my fitness pal app and document everything you eat. It also gives you a daily calorie allowance. Ive been using it religiously these past few weeks and lost 8lb. My starting weight was 14st5 and I'm now 13st11. Im not following a diet but if I hit my calorie limit for day I stop eating. Or if I go over I try to use less another day. I find its really working. You have over a year to lose it and by aiming for a lb a week you wont have to make major changes.
    Hope I helped.

5. jodiehazel

jodiehazel New Member

Thank you both for your advice. I will definitely try the app and see how I get on with it. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.