Don't think it's for me

want2loseit

Hi everyone

Just want to say thanks to everyone that has given me advice over the last few days. Have been reading up on the LT a lot more, the side effects etc and I don't think it's going to be 'the one' for me after all. I don't think I would be starting it in the right frame of mind to be able to handle side effects if I got them.

That is not to knock anyone that it works for or suits, you have all lost so much on it and done so well but to be honest I don't want to be on something that there's a risk I could lose lots of hair over or risk losing weight really quickly and be left with lots of loose skin around my face or neck. I know that sounds vain and I suppose it is, but the way am looking at it is that I want to lose weight for vain reasons really...health wise I'm fine, I hate the way I look though and that in itself is vanity.

I think that to be successful at LT I would have to want the weight loss so much that I wouldn't be deterred from it because of the poss side effects...truth is I don't want to take the chance.

I don't know exactly what diet I'm going to be following, I know I need to do something.

I wish you all well on your LT journey and wish you all the very best

thanks again
x

You could consider starting it for a month which would give you a good headstart on your weightloss and then switch to SW or WW. A month on it won't give you loose skin or hair loss.
Whatever you do, I hope you have good results.lots of luck

Im doing what Irish Molly said Im gona do it for MIN: 1 month Max: 2 Months then join weight watchers or Slimming world to help me lose the rest and MAINTAIN the loss.....

What ever u decide to do Good Luck

thanks ladies, I did consider that but I wasn't sure if it was defeating the purpose or not...if I started LT and lost weight, then went to WW or SW wouldn't I gain it all back again because even though I would be following a controlled plan it would consist of a lot more calories than LT and therefore lead to gain anyway?
So confused :( but need to find something that I can stick to and that I don't have to be worried about, I'm just too hung up on the possible side effects and while I know that not everyone gets them it would be a major sticking point for me that the potential was there for it to happen.

I have tried WW and SW in the past and I didn't stick to them, the fault doesn't lie in the diets, it lies with me and I need to take control once and for all and tackle my weight problems head on...just, like I say I'm not convinced that LT is the 'one' for me anymore.

xxx

thanks ladies, I did consider that but I wasn't sure if it was defeating the purpose or not...if I started LT and lost weight, then went to WW or SW wouldn't I gain it all back again because even though I would be following a controlled plan it would consist of a lot more calories than LT and therefore lead to gain anyway?
So confused :( but need to find something that I can stick to and that I don't have to be worried about, I'm just too hung up on the possible side effects and while I know that not everyone gets them it would be a major sticking point for me that the potential was there for it to happen.

I have tried WW and SW in the past and I didn't stick to them, the fault doesn't lie in the diets, it lies with me and I need to take control once and for all and tackle my weight problems head on...just, like I say I'm not convinced that LT is the 'one' for me anymore.

xxx
I genuinely believe a stint on lt for a month or six weeks will give you that complete break from food. This time will help break the habit of eating e.g the takeaways, bottles of wine etc etc. It will also help you think about your relationship with food and how to control your eating.
If you refeed properly then you wont gain when you switch to another diet as you will still control your intake.
Not everyone gets ghastly loose skin. This will depend on the speed of your losses, how you tone up and the type of skin you have. A short stint on lt will not give you this problem.
Hair thinning may happen but not in big bald patches. It grows again, so no problem there.
I am on lt for six months and have thinner hair but I know it will grow back and it is a small price to pay for a six stone loss. I had blood tests done recently and the doc was very pleased with them.
Have a chat with your doc or pharmacist to help decide the best way forward for you.

thanks hun, I really have decided against it. What attracted me to LT was the fact that it was getting things done quickly, if I'm going to have to be patient when it comes to hair regrowing (if that happened) I might as well try and dedicate myself to another diet and be patient when it comes to the weight loss itself.

I don't want it to sound as if I'm being overly negative about LT The fact that so many people here have lost so much with it shows that it works but for me personally the risk of the side effects and then the waiting for side effects to reverse themselves outweigh the benefits.

xx

Hi everyone - just a quick update.

Spoke for quite a long time on the phone with the pharmacist today who has quite a lot of experience with LT by the sounds of things. Says that she has a lot of people on it at the moment and following the program successfully.

She told me that out of everyone that has used it, NOT ONE single person has suffered hair loss, this is a major, major worry of mine. She told me that there has been one person who was on it that suffered from depression and found that following the plan made things worse so the pharmacist advised her to come off it.

She said that the losses far outweigh the gains and that people who start refeeding and do it successfully as in following it to the letter don't tend to go back to their previous weight. She said that she knows the money cost is an issue but when you consider the takeaways, choc bars, crisps etc etc against the cost of the LT it evens out.

She also told me that I am aiming to lose too much weight. I'm 5ft10 and 16 stone which I don't look just because I'm so tall, she said that she would advise setting a short term goal of 14 stone as this would take me comfortably into the overweight zone and get me out of the obese one I'm in now with a bmi of 32 I think.

Long story cut short I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. I can only buy it weekly, I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone but she said by only committing to a week at a time I'm not shelling out loads of money for something I might go off quite quickly. So, here I go...I freely admit am nervous and even a bit scared about it, but realistically I have to do something about this weight.

I think I'm going to stop thinking too far ahead peeps because that's what I'm doing and I'm sending myself insane, one day at a time, one week at a time and deal with whatever happens along the way. Ultimately I know I have to change my lifestyle and in the future I imagine that will be SW or WW but there's no point worrying about it now. A good loss on LT would kickstart my weight loss (like someone rec. above so thank you!) and we'll see what happens then

Edited to add, I forgot to ask the pharmacist about taking perfectil supplements on LT...I take them daily as before I was using them I was suffering from v thin hair and weak nails...does anyone know if it's ok to keep using them?
xx

Hi well done you for doing your research, i was feeling the same before i started, took a day or two to suss out which shakes i liked and I wouldn't recommend the flap jacks tho some find them ok, i am only on day 6 today but am so suprised how I've been 100% i wouldn't say easy but for me it has been but as i said only day 6.
Good luck and let us know how your doing keep posting and visiting this site it's a lifeline (OOO and distraction)

Hi want2looseit.. I really think you have made the right decision, because you have thought it through properly and reasearched... it really does sound like you want to loose the weight, and on lipotrim you really will... hair loss sounds so frightening doesnt it, but for me, yes my hair did thin, but not to the point where it made any difference to the way i looked or felt... stick with it, and post on here lots.. any cravings come on here and look at peoples photos and tickers and updates and it will keep you going xxx

Your best bet is to ask the pharmacist if you need to take additional supplements, but as a general rule it shouldnt be a problem. I've had a quick google and can't find any information on the cabohydrate content of the vitamin tablets that your talking about. By the sounds of it the reason that your hair was thin originally was down to not getting the correct vitamins. I'm not sure if you eat your 5 a day, and I'm not saying your diet was bad, but it is possible that you were just not getting the correct ammount of nutrients that your body needed. Just as a comparison...

Perfectil (original) Vs. Lipotrim

Standardised Grape seed extract (95%):
Contains antioxidants to help protect cells from free radical damage and promote a healthy circulation.
This is not in lipotrim. It doesn't techincally do anything, but can promote better circulation. If worried about better circulation possibly go for a run, that would help. Alternatively if it is hair that your worried about spend an extra couple of minutes masaging the shampoo in. Masaging the scalp has proven to help promote circulation and stimulate hair folicles.

Natural vitamin E, vitamin C and selenium:
Antioxidants that help protect against skin damage caused by free radicals, UV light and pollution.
Vitamin E - 100% RDA per 3 shakes. Vitamin C - 100% RDA per 3 shakes. Unsure of the % of selenium but it does contain it in the shakes.

Vitamin C:
Helps to maintain skin strength and elasticity. Also required for healthy nails.
See previous answer

Vitamin D3:
Required for healthy skin, bones and general maintenance of tissue.
Unsure on this one too, beleive it's 100% but without the carrier bag to confirm i may be thinking of just vitamin D. This isn't a major problem though as vitmain D majorly comes in vitamin D2 or D3 so it will probably one of the two.

B complex vitamins, folic acid and iron:
Involved in blood formation and circulation for the transportation of nutrients to the dermis.
There is a complex vitamin B (a variety of B vitamins). RDA's of iron but no folic acid from what i can see.

Natural carotenoids:
Can help reduce sun damage.
A fancy name for vitamin A which is 100% RDA in the shakes.

Biotin:
Involved with hair growth.
Simply a water soluble complex B vitamin. Contained in the shakes.

Copper:
Necessary for hair strength and the formation of hair follicles.
Contained in the shake.

Magnesium and zinc:
Important minerals, which can help, reduce hair loss. Zinc is also important for the maintenance of strong nails.
Beleive that there are small ammounts in the shakes, but cant say for certain.

Iodine:
Essential for the production of thyroxine, a hormone that controls the rate of metabolism. A lack of thyroxine can have a detrimental effect on the appearance of skin, hair and nails.
Beleive that this may not be in lipotrim, again, cant be certain.

Iron:
To help maintain healthy nails.
Contained in the shakes.

Manganese:
Vital for healthy skin because of its role in connective tissue metabolism
Dont beleive that it is contained in the shake

Personally from reading what is actually contained in your multivitamin (which is all that they are) their are MUCH better multivitamins out there that have a lot more in them. Although you may be worried that they dont target your hair and nails and that these tell you they do, it would appear that a complex multivitamin would contain far more beneficial nutrients along with these and do exactly the same job that these do.

Anyway. As you can see from the above comparison, the shakes contain all the vitamins contain all the vitamins that you need daily. Apparently some people continue supplementing multivitamins while on this system but ask your pharmacist for advice. Maybe make a note of things that you want to ask and check it while your in the place, that way you wont leave wondering different things.

If you do go for a multivitamin try and get a "multivitamin and mineral" supplement. That will make sure you get everything you need. Also, try not to just get the cheapest that you can find, as with most things, you get what you pay for.

Hope this helps in some way! And try not to think about the negative side effects of lipotrim. The hairloss ISN'T hair loss. It's just "hair sleep" (If it does happen, in the vast majority of cases it doesnt!). All that is happening is that your old hair is falling out, as it would naturally and normally, but as your body is low in calories your hair slows down and stops replacing the cells. Once you stop the diet your hair starts growing again and within a month you wouldn't even notice. Its a purely temporary thing. But deffinetly not something to worry about. And if you are worrying about thinning hair you could always try something like "mop shampoo" which you can get off a certain famous auction site. It's a lemon grass shampoo that thickens the hair.

Hope this helps ease your mind in some way, and helps you see that lipotrim is nutritionally complete :)

I'm so pleased for you hun, you sound happy!
Short term goals are important, believe it or not 13st is perfect for me looks wise, maybe BMI would disagree, so instead of aiming for 10st or 9st, which for me seems like a lifetime away, i'm happy to aim for 13!
Go you girly!

want2loseit - fair play for giving your pharmacist a listen to. It takes a lot of courage to keep on with something so tough, especially since you had probably made up your mind that you were giving it up.

Good luck...

Back