don't understand

To all those having a panic attack because I said "big plate of food", please, take a deep breathe, relax and calm down!

Firstly, I didn't say "bigger", I was simply making a reference to the fact that people who are trying to lose weight don't have to have tiny portions, as is the general conception of what someone trying to lose weight eats.

Secondly, in the past I know that I like many other "dieters" have eaten the wrong amounts of the wrong foods, eating smaller plates of unhealthy options. In making a third of my plate superfree, I am eating the right proportion of the right foods, and yes, I am eating a bigger plateful!

Thirdly, I have just opened the cover to one of my Slimming World cookbooks, and on the inside cover it says "you are encouraged to eat more"...

If you want a big plateful, have a big plateful, SW say you can!

*steps down from soapbox, takes a bow, exits stage right*

shelleylovesjelly said:
To all those having a panic attack because I said "big plate of food", please, take a deep breathe, relax and calm down!

Firstly, I didn't say "bigger", I was simply making a reference to the fact that people who are trying to lose weight don't have to have tiny portions, as is the general conception of what someone trying to lose weight eats.

Secondly, in the past I know that I like many other "dieters" have eaten the wrong amounts of the wrong foods, eating smaller plates of unhealthy options. In making a third of my plate superfree, I am eating the right proportion of the right foods, and yes, I am eating a bigger plateful!

Thirdly, I have just opened the cover to one of my Slimming World cookbooks, and on the inside cover it says "you are encouraged to eat more"...

If you want a big plateful, have a big plateful, SW say you can!

*steps down from soapbox, takes a bow, exits stage right*

Pretty sure that noone was referring to your post - rather the OP's which did say 'bigger plate of food'. Can't understand your tone tbh. Someone asked advice, advice was given. No calming down needed.

shelleylovesjelly said:
The tone was clearly jest. I was also offering my own advice, if that's ok?

Now i'm really confused. It was not in jest aa far as i can see, but whatever, things often get lost in translation. What on earth made you think anything i said suggested i had a problem with you or anyone else giving advice is completely beyond me, but again, probably lost in translation I guess. Not getting into an argument on here about it though. Have a nice evening.

Back