Don't you just hate it when....

MadameLaMinx said:
I dont think she was saying it was your fault Jo, just guessing the company you were talking about as being them... ;)

I know, but just proving my point about people having a go at the staff on the ground for the company and their cock ups! When all we want to do is go to work, earn our money and gain an experience!

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

No actually I wasn't proving that. I simply guessed which company it was.
But I had a similar problem at the Post office (which is a different company to Royal Mail who delivers your post), I was always being blamed for parcels going missing! As for Ann Robinson nick naming Parcelforce as parcel Farce when in reality it was something like 0.5% of the millions of parcels that were delayed, my hubby took it very personally as he worked for them back then is a very conscientious worker..
So no it's not your fault, I agree.

You may not remember it but G4 were a huge unfunny joke in the 90's and I was shocked that the govt still give them contracts name change or not!!!!

Shirleen said:
No actually I wasn't proving that. I simply guessed which company it was.
But I had a similar problem at the Post office (which is a different company to Royal Mail who delivers your post), I was always being blamed for parcels going missing! As for Ann Robinson nick naming Parcelforce as parcel Farce when in reality it was something like 0.5% of the millions of parcels that were delayed, my hubby took it very personally as he worked for them back then is a very conscientious worker..
So no it's not your fault, I agree.

You may not remember it but G4 were a huge unfunny joke in the 90's and I was shocked that the govt still give them contracts name change or not!!!!

I dont remember that no, however people new to remember we're just trying to do our jobs!!! :(

I dont remember that no, however people new to remember we're just trying to do our jobs!!! :(

It's alright, no one here is blaming you for anything. I feel the exact same way at my job with misplaced anger directed towards us, I don't know what you do but I'm on the frontlines working and talking to customers every day, sometimes up to 100 people a day. Back some time ago when Blackberries stopped working it wasn't because of Vodafone (the company I work for) it was because of the Blackberry company itself, RIM who's computers stopped working, Blackberry had a worldwide shortage, but guess who got the venom from all the customers calling up to complain, we did.

Sometimes you just need to take a step back in your mind and understand that these people are not blaming you, but the company as a whole, and while they might direct it to you, you just need to let things like that pass through you. Its not easy, I have a lot of difficulty with that, when a customer says to me "your company is ****" I usually get a little hurt and offended by that, eve though it wasn't about me, it was about my employers who I believe are all nice people with the best of intentions.

I don't know much about G4/G4S and their history but I'm sure there are a lot of people in that company who work really hard and try to do well, it's the failures the news always reports, not the successes.

Grae said:
It's alright, no one here is blaming you for anything. I feel the exact same way at my job with misplaced anger directed towards us, I don't know what you do but I'm on the frontlines working and talking to customers every day, sometimes up to 100 people a day. Back some time ago when Blackberries stopped working it wasn't because of Vodafone (the company I work for) it was because of the Blackberry company itself, RIM who's computers stopped working, Blackberry had a worldwide shortage, but guess who got the venom from all the customers calling up to complain, we did.

Sometimes you just need to take a step back in your mind and understand that these people are not blaming you, but the company as a whole, and while they might direct it to you, you just need to let things like that pass through you. Its not easy, I have a lot of difficulty with that, when a customer says to me "your company is ****" I usually get a little hurt and offended by that, eve though it wasn't about me, it was about my employers who I believe are all nice people with the best of intentions.

I don't know much about G4/G4S and their history but I'm sure there are a lot of people in that company who work really hard and try to do well, it's the failures the news always reports, not the successes.

If you've seen G4S in the news lately then you should be able to figure out what I do :( im an Olympic security manager-fortunately its only a 3 month contract!

The **** hits the fan and your family starts falling apart around you :(

ScarlettStar86 said:
The **** hits the fan and your family starts falling apart around you :(

Problem with families is perspective, it's hard to see the whole picture when you're close, keep stepping back until you can see everything.
Families are also amazingly resilient and bounce xxxxx

...men can't set an alarm & get up quietly. OH has had his alarm going off from 5.45 but still isn't up. It's woken me & if he wakens the kids again I'm gonna batter him!

cupcake86 said:
...men can't set an alarm & get up quietly. OH has had his alarm going off from 5.45 but still isn't up. It's woken me & if he wakens the kids again I'm gonna batter him!

Batter him anyway! My son has his alarm going off for about half an hour every morning! Yet he complains about mine cos it BOOMS! But it gets me up!!!

What is it with men and doing that? My OH sets his alarm for 6.45am but doesn't actually get out of bed till 7.30am so if I'm off work I'm wide awake by this point and steaming!! Lol

Shirleen said:
Batter him anyway! My son has his alarm going off for about half an hour every morning! Yet he complains about mine cos it BOOMS! But it gets me up!!!

I'm close to battering but decided saying no to what he had in mind would have a better effect!

Cazran25 said:
What is it with men and doing that? My OH sets his alarm for 6.45am but doesn't actually get out of bed till 7.30am so if I'm off work I'm wide awake by this point and steaming!! Lol

It kept going off till 7am then he says he doesn't need to go to work till 12 today....arghhhhh! So here I am tired but wide awake while he's now snoring!

cupcake86 said:
I'm close to battering but decided saying no to what he had in mind would have a better effect!

It kept going off till 7am then he says he doesn't need to go to work till 12 today....arghhhhh! So here I am tired but wide awake while he's now snoring!

See you could have said yes, made sure you finished first then told him to stop as you're tired!

Back