Don't you just hate it when....

**punk*~*star** said:
When you order a costume & pay for named day delivery, wait in since 7am & just now get an email saying it'll be here Monday! FFS if I wanted it Monday I would have booked it for then... I now have to go to asda with 3 kids to try find a pirate costume for my daughters party @ school is Monday! :(

So update (advice needed?!) I went to 3 Asdas & couldn't get the outfit, had to get a boys costume, a different top so daughter will wear it (but she is not happy) & do a 2 hour round trip! Anyway I ordered the costume on Wednesday on named day delivery (Friday) & paid £6 for this... Am I ok to refuse delivery on Monday (email now says Monday) & complain to get my delivery fee back as they didn't delivery on the day specified? Don't know anything about these things?!

Dyjhiw you don't want to go out tonight so you tell your friends you're just going to stay in and they can do their thing. They're all planning on sitting in watching x factor and drinking. I have had an iffy few weeks on sw recently regarding drinks so don't want to have any this wkend which is why I decided to stay home as its pointless me driving to someone else's house to watch something that my tv is showing. I'm now being left to feel bad that I'm ruining plans.
I never said for def that I was going but now I look like a d^*k.
Am I horrifically out of line? I just would rather stay at home for a quiet night.

Dyjhiw you don't want to go out tonight so you tell your friends you're just going to stay in and they can do their thing. They're all planning on sitting in watching x factor and drinking. I have had an iffy few weeks on sw recently regarding drinks so don't want to have any this wkend which is why I decided to stay home as its pointless me driving to someone else's house to watch something that my tv is showing. I'm now being left to feel bad that I'm ruining plans.
I never said for def that I was going but now I look like a d^*k.
Am I horrifically out of line? I just would rather stay at home for a quiet night.
No if its what you would rather do then I think you are entitled to stay at home and relax! x

Dyjhiw someone says "no disrespect but..." then proceeds to say something totally disrespectful! Or "no offence but..." then say something totally offensive. Grrrrr!

Yes and people who say "I have to say....." and they follow it with something it would be much better if they actually didn't say! and they tend to be the sort that don't actually like to listen to what others have to say either!
or they say about themselves "im just an honest person" "i am what i am love me or hate me i say whats on my mind" basically means theyre a *****! xx

Jezzi hope you feel back on form again soon. Know that feeling and it's just rubbish.

M Louise H sounds like things are tough and perhaps might be tougher over the next bit from your post. Sending big big hugs lovely and hope you stay strong for you and whoever has had the diagnosis if that's not you. Xxx

Dyjhiw someone says "no disrespect but..." then proceeds to say something totally disrespectful! Or "no offence but..." then say something totally offensive. Grrrrr!

Happened to me on here few days ago!
I wasn't offended by what she 'said' but the way she 'said' it!

Hope you're ok, sending big hugs

Jezzi hope you feel back on form again soon. Know that feeling and it's just rubbish.

M Louise H sounds like things are tough and perhaps might be tougher over the next bit from your post. Sending big big hugs lovely and hope you stay strong for you and whoever has had the diagnosis if that's not you. Xxx

Oh no, so sorry to hear this xxx stay strong and stay together, you will need to lean on each other. Xxx

Thanks you lot.

I'm only the daughter-in-law so am having to be strong for everyone else at the moment. The hardest thing is the hospital is in Athens so we're 4 hours away. My Mum and Dad arrive from the UK tomorrow otherwise I would have gone up this afternoon to be with my mother-in-law.

Crappy end to a crappy week.

Back