Don't you just hate it when....

hendopig said:
Small world! I love it when I hear local stuff on here. The Heath is a good place to live but.... No carvery or farmers market (these are things I wish for frequently). This used to be a huge market town but the market was replaced with a big sainsburys.

Oh and we used to have an ace carvery until how they ran it was exposed on Gordon's kitchen nightmares

Yeah I no it's so strange isn't it. Do u go to a sw class in haywards Heath cus I do!

DYJHIW you are all ''I'm going to be on my best behaviour'' and then your friends text you (knowing your plans) saying ''yay we've just got a litre of vodka and wine for us'' WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM. I can feel the restraint slip ahhhh!

I was planning on staying on track today but I've fallen into the temptation the boyfriend has thrown my way... mulled wine, rocky road, spiced pumkin cake and shop bought houmous. Oh well I'll enjoy the party tonight and then make sure I'm back on it tomorrow. As I'm being naughty with other things I'm going to try and stay away from the chicken drumsticks as then I can have a green day which will make me feel slightly more on track then if I make it ee

X Kelly X said:
Yeah I no it's so strange isn't it. Do u go to a sw class in haywards Heath cus I do!

I don't go to class :-( do you go to the one at the services club?

I'd be amazed if The Priory reopened! The building is amazing. I really want my OH to see it inside but it's been shut for about 3 years :-(

hendopig said:
I don't go to class :-( do you go to the one at the services club?

I'd be amazed if The Priory reopened! The building is amazing. I really want my OH to see it inside but it's been shut for about 3 years :-(

Yeah I do indeed I go to the Monday one at 5:30. The consultant Is called Kelly. She is amazing. I've made so many friends there too.

I went to the priory after Gordon Ramsey had re done it but I wasn't impressed with it.

DYJHIW: .. you write a big reply to a thread then the tab crashes and when computer recovers it, everything you have written is lost and you can't be bothered writing it out again :(

dyjhiw youre meant to be shopping with ur best friend who u rarely see and instead spend the day up A and E with ur brother cos hes broken his wrist in 3 places! xxxx

juicygooseface said:
dyjhiw youre meant to be shopping with ur best friend who u rarely see and instead spend the day up A and E with ur brother cos hes broken his wrist in 3 places! xxxx

Oh no!! How did he manage to do that???

Oh no!! How did he manage to do that???

hes a tree surgeon! poor thing - hes got an op in the morning bless him xxxxx

jezzi999 said:
I just did something very shameful.

I need to own up to it and there's probably a better thread for it than this, but I need to say it and say it quick while I can.

After 5 months of no binging at all (after a very horrible couple of years of really life disrupting binging) I just caved.

Hubby is out, I have bad cramp and so I used various stupid excuses to feel sorry for myself and had a binge. And not a thoughtless "grab something and eat it binge" but a planned and prepared binge like I used to.

I actually spent the last hour fantasying about binge foods. And then went to the kitchen and made a huge batch of raw cookie dough (about the only thing I could physically make as we hardly have anything bad in the house apart from brown sugar).

The whole time I was making it I was thinking "i'm going to regret this, but sod it". And I was thinking how I'm going to have to admit it to you guys, and to my husband... But I made it anyway.

And then put it in a bowl, took it to bed and started eating it raw. What an animal. Thank *$EUR* it was so sickly, I only managed about 5 tablespoons. I'm looking at the rest of the batch now and even looking at it is making me heave. It's going in the bin right now.

I doubt it will make any different to my weight loss next week (Saturday weigh in), it's not about that, its the loss of control that's really scared me. I thought I had this pattern of "medicating" my crap moods with secret grim eating under control, but I spoke to soon. It's still a work in progress.

While it'd be well meant, please don't tell me to draw a line under it :) I'm not going to beat myself up but I do need to think about why I did this, and how I can stop it happening again, because I can't get back on to this roller coaster, I just can't do it again.

Sorry for sticking this here but part of my approach of tackling my binging over the last few months has been a "no secret eating" rule, as that's one of the worst bits of the binge eating. So i'm being honest on here, and honest with OH when he gets home.

Firstly, well done for coming on here and posting this. It would have been easy to not mention it but by posting this helps it not be a secret, as you say. For that I applaud you xx

Any addiction has a period of recovery, and during that time it is so easy to fall back into the old habits, even if only very briefly. It doesnt mean you are back to square one, I believe it is part of the process of recovery and now you have recognised the slip, you can get back to where you were.
Stay strong xxx

I need to own up to it and there's probably a better thread for it than this, but I need to say it and say it quick while I can.

After 5 months of no binging at all (after a very horrible couple of years of really life disrupting binging) I just caved.

Hubby is out, I have bad cramp and so I used various stupid excuses to feel sorry for myself and had a binge. And not a thoughtless "grab something and eat it binge" but a planned and prepared binge like I used to.

I actually spent the last hour fantasying about binge foods. And then went to the kitchen and made a huge batch of raw cookie dough (about the only thing I could physically make as we hardly have anything bad in the house apart from brown sugar).

The whole time I was making it I was thinking "i'm going to regret this, but sod it". And I was thinking how I'm going to have to admit it to you guys, and to my husband... But I made it anyway.

And then put it in a bowl, took it to bed and started eating it raw. What an animal. Thank *$EUR* it was so sickly, I only managed about 5 tablespoons. I'm looking at the rest of the batch now and even looking at it is making me heave. It's going in the bin right now.

I doubt it will make any different to my weight loss next week (Saturday weigh in), it's not about that, its the loss of control that's really scared me. I thought I had this pattern of "medicating" my crap moods with secret grim eating under control, but I spoke to soon. It's still a work in progress.

While it'd be well meant, please don't tell me to draw a line under it :) I'm not going to beat myself up but I do need to think about why I did this, and how I can stop it happening again, because I can't get back on to this roller coaster, I just can't do it again.

Sorry for sticking this here but part of my approach of tackling my binging over the last few months has been a "no secret eating" rule, as that's one of the worst bits of the binge eating. So i'm being honest on here, and honest with OH when he gets home.

first of all well done for coming on here an telling everyone.
second well done for not eating it all
thirdly again well done for putting the rest in the bin!!

^^ you see, well done? because you did have some sort of control to do that, you could of waited then ate the rest, not told your 'secret' an kept it from your husband. Making you feel even worse an possibly for you to do it again down the line.

Im the same sometimes (rarely) il pig out. really pig out an feel sick. even though il be so upset the next day. It just takes time to get it under control for longer. Ive been doing SW over a year an still want to 'pig out' but the times i am 'bad' its not as bad as i could/used to be..

xx

DYJHIW you have 2 nights away booked for Thursday and Friday with loads of plans made and you think you are are coming down with that horrible flu that is going round :(

jezzi999 said:
Thank you. I've even washed up the bowls and cooking things as I want no temptation to go and lick the bowl out in an hours time when I forget how grim it tasted!

It's definately a lot less damaging than some of the mega-binges I've had in the past, I just don't want to get back into bad habits on that slippery slope.

Here's to us beating our demons one day at a time x

Here here! :) xxx

jezzi999 said:

Echo what others have said, just a thought but have you a diary? It may be worth starting one it could help with putting your feelings re the temptation of binging out there and maybe we could halt the process before it gets as far as it did tonight xxxx

Back