Don't you just hate it when....

People on this fantastically helpful site can't participate in an adult debate without getting in a strop or having a tantrum when somebody dares to voice a conflicting opinion.

Sheesh mods, can't we give people some sort of check before they're allowed to register? Too many of em ATM!

Mrs.S. said:
People on this fantastically helpful site can't participate in an adult debate without getting in a strop or having a tantrum when somebody dares to voice a conflicting opinion.

Sheesh mods, can't we give people some sort of check before they're allowed to register? Too many of em ATM!

On the ipad so can't do similes or anything so all I can say is HEAR HEAR!!! Getting beyond boring now...

Mrs.S. said:

Rofl I WISH!!!!!!! ;)

Hey check me out doing smilies on my iPad :) ;)

Mrs.S. said:

Sorry if I've not helped this with what I said in the other thread I started but I feel a few times that when I've had a different opinion people have jumped down my throat and made me feel a little bullied. All I wanted was some support during my weight loss journey and a chat, I think I will just keep my opinion to myself in future I just feel like I should leave because everyone hates me :(

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

MissSlinky2011 said:
Sorry if I've not helped this with what I said in the other thread I started but I feel a few times that when I've had a different opinion people have jumped down my throat and made me feel a little bullied. All I wanted was some support during my weight loss journey and a chat, I think I will just keep my opinion to myself in future I just feel like I should leave because everyone hates me :(

This is the point im making hun.

You don't know me and I don't know you. We're both adults. I use this site to help we with Sw but also as a bit of easy reading to make me relax and unwind.

It sometimes gets so heated it makes me want to not bother and that makes me sad.

Have your opinions by all means, that's fantastic! But be prepared for people to disagree and challenge them. If they do.......so what! Move on, don't get all stompy and pouty and making aggressive posts in response.

If I came across as aggressive I really didn't mean to! That's the thing with type and accents we all say and type things differently from different places.

You mention that you still don't feel well...after 6 weeks, and hubby says 'I don't feel well tonight either'.
Just shut up and coddle me!

Let's just leave it as done shall we?

My rant was done in jest and certainly wasn't personal or aimed at anybody specific and I don't want to not enjoy coming here and have to stop.

You certainly haven't caused me any offence - you don't know me well enough to. And I hope I haven't you x

No course you haven't :) I just hope I haven't cone across as an awful person, I'm really not I promise! Lol x

your free dentist treatment has just run out (daughter turned 1) and now I've got the toothache from hell which will need treated which I have to pay for & will probably cost loads!!!

kingleds/starlight let us in on the secret of freebies lol...would love some mod cons but got none as have no money, we don't have x boxes, wii's, laptops, etc etc...boo hoo....but at least I've got my babies which I wouldn't change for the world.

big bear said:
your free dentist treatment has just run out (daughter turned 1) and now I've got the toothache from hell which will need treated which I have to pay for & will probably cost loads!!!

kingleds/starlight let us in on the secret of freebies lol...would love some mod cons but got none as have no money, we don't have x boxes, wii's, laptops, etc etc...boo hoo....but at least I've got my babies which I wouldn't change for the world.

Yeah, see I have none of the babies, but like you I wouldn't change that for the world :). No secret, I work in IT sales, and they do these incentives all the time. I won a week for two in Bermuda all expenses paid one year, which was wicked, but i also had a nervous breakdown due to the stress of the job, so it's not all iPads & holidays. I don't own a laptop, it's my work one. Don't own a mobile phone, it's a work one, don't own a Xbox, but hubby does & I wish he didn't, and definitely don't own a wii! :)

On the dentist front - check out Denplan once your fixed. I pay £11 a month and don't have to pay for my 6 monthly check ups, my hygienist appointments, or any treatment I need. You can't do it till your teeth are healthy though. I'm sure there are other ones available as well.

Debridger said:
.....when you've been waiting over 1.5 hours to pick up someone from the airport

Unless that person is your

A) parent
B) Child
C) partner

They would be finding their own way home :)

Back