Don't you just hate it when....

charlies_mummy said:
You strip the colour from your hair to find it has somehow turned ginger/blonde?! Am very confused, was never this colour ever! My roots and eyebrows are always quite a dark brown and I have only ever lightened my hair once about 3 years ago, I always always go darker! It is ginger from route to tip and I followed the packet 100% I have nothing against ginger hair at all but with my super dark eyebrows I look a right plonker now :s have the doctors in an hour, contemplating dying at quickly before I leave!

What do you mean by strip your hair?

I found this online
Hair dye stripping is a process which is used to remove unwanted hair color. It only works when hair has been dyed darker than its original base color, and it is usually used as a prelude to color correction, which means that the hair will be dyed again after it has been stripped to achieve the desired color. As you might imagine, hair dye stripping can be very hard on your hair, so it should be avoided, if possible, and you may want to consider going to a salon for this service. After hair dye stripping has been performed, it is very important to regularly deep condition the hair for several months.

That's pretty much it, I wanted to get a deep purple colour out of my hair, have used it before fine but this time... have just put a dark brown in which will hopefully hide it! X

I've used that stuff before. The ones you can buy now are designed to strip colour pigment from your hair. There is some bleach in every colour, hence ur hair comes out ginger/yellow. The idea is to strip out the dark colour then you can put any colour on top. Totally safe!

Yes I used the same thing a few weeks ago and this was the result haha!! It did strip most of the red out, and I dyed it brown and it's a bit reddy brownish. The stuff was called ColourB4 from Boots and has no bleach in it. Left my hair in good condition too :)

Attachments

• image-3531242166.jpg
    image-3531242166.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 59
Yours looks alright, will post my after picture in a sec! Have died it brown now and it looks really nice actually though a few lighter bits have come through, will pretend they were meant to! My hair is lovely and soft now, maybe not such a DYJHIW :)

image-683430104.jpg

Tv/dvd combi update - they wanted to send it off to repair, so I kicked off at how ridiculous that was when I'd had it less than 3 months. Manager agreed to replace for the same item... or the equivalent value. So I had a tv for the same value and paid an extra £30 for a dvd player... have heard and read so many negative reviews of tv/dvd combis today, decided the extra £30 was probably worth it!

Shame I forgot I'd need a scart cable and double extension cable to get it to work! Hmmm trip to Asda tomorrow me thinks!

Re: hair colour stripping - I wanted to do so when I split with my ex, as I'd had it blue/black for years and although I loved it, was time for a change. Plus my mum admitted she hated it dyed that colour (mousey-mid brown here naturally).

Spoke to my hairdresser about it and her response was - do not do it at home and there is no way she would do it either, let it grow out natually, it goes wrong more often than right... good job I had it cut from mid back length to short-short in Oct/Nov, pretty much back to natural now.

.....the oven gives up the ghost. To make matters worse (well, kinda), my landlords are my parents, so there is no *real* rush to get it sorted. Twas an old oven anyway and on its way out, but still makes me a little sad. Least we have a gas hob and a microwave! :cry:

DYJHI when after doing long days (7.45-6.00) for over six months you go back on shift and your first day back is an early followed by a staff meeting!! I will finish work at 5pm and won't get home till after 7.30 because of the meeting.

Sleepy59 said:
DYJHI when after doing long days (7.45-6.00) for over six months you go back on shift and your first day back is an early followed by a staff meeting!! I will finish work at 5pm and won't get home till after 7.30 because of the meeting.

That's RUBBISH!

Dyjhiw you have to travel for 7 hours on a train to do a 2 hour meeting

Anyone heard of video conferencing?

.....your eyelids refuse to operate normally and have opted for the self close function?

DYJHIW you've woke up for the past few days with a sore throat and bunged up ear, but by mid morning its almost gone.

Either come and make me ill, or bugger off and stop just being there.

Mrs.S. said:
DYJHIW you've woke up for the past few days with a sore throat and bunged up ear, but by mid morning its almost gone.

Either come and make me ill, or bugger off and stop just being there.

Hi Hun sounds like you have catarrh and drainage problems, easy option is to take some decongestant drops/spray for max three days. You can take oral decongestant a bit longer. If your bedroom is heated pop a bowl of water above the radiator. Sleep with an extra pillow or raise the mattress at the head end to give gravity a chance to work xxxxx

Hi Hun sounds like you have catarrh and drainage problems, easy option is to take some decongestant drops/spray for max three days. You can take oral decongestant a bit longer. If your bedroom is heated pop a bowl of water above the radiator. Sleep with an extra pillow or raise the mattress at the head end to give gravity a chance to work xxxxx

lol, that's such a 'mum' answer:D

When your little one vomits all over the clean & dry washing twice! OH is dead when he gets home for leaving the spare room door unlocked! All I did was go to the loo to be rudely startled by the sounds from the forbidden room! She jumped on the bed and vomited on most of the washing. Have to redo everything again!!!!

Oh dear! not good at any time of year, especially not good when its not drying weather outside.:sigh:

Back