Don't you just hate it when....

DYJHIW you speak to your online GP and tell him all about your recent stomach problems and he suggests you might be intolerant of an ingredient in chocolate so you don't have any for a few days and all the symptoms vanish, so then you try having some and the cramps start to kick in again. WHY? That's just cruel! Why couldn't it be an ingredient in butter beans or something? I could live with that!!

That is so cruel!

I feel for you. Chocolate is cruel!

My dad developed gout and stomach problems in his old age. He has to avoid ice cream, all alcohol and cheese. He also has diabetes so chocolate is now restricted.

It should have happened to me as I wouldn't care! Now if I was told I couldn't drink tea I'd die! So sad for you MLM x

DYJHIW you speak to your online GP and tell him all about your recent stomach problems and he suggests you might be intolerant of an ingredient in chocolate so you don't have any for a few days and all the symptoms vanish, so then you try having some and the cramps start to kick in again. WHY? That's just cruel! Why couldn't it be an ingredient in butter beans or something? I could live with that!!

Oh no! I've never heard of that before. Can you find out which ingredient it is? Perhaps some of the Green and Blacks or some other organic choc might be OK? Or maybe dark choc?

MadameLaMinx said:

Gutted for you MLM!

moonwatcher said:
Oh no! I've never heard of that before. Can you find out which ingredient it is? Perhaps some of the Green and Blacks or some other organic choc might be OK? Or maybe dark choc?

He said it is an amino acid that you find in red wine and chocolate, and that I might find that I can get away with a couple of squares of really decent quality dark chocolate. So my next plan is again to go a few days without it and then test that theory. On my dads side of the family there's a big history of digestive problems, both my dad and his twin have had problems with ulcerated colon and stomach, and my Granny, their mother died as a result of the same thing, so I am loathe to eat stuff that I know irritates my insides, but really? Its going to be like falling out with my best friend.

Might actually do me some good in the long term though. And there's always fudge... :D

He said it is an amino acid that you find in red wine and chocolate, and that I might find that I can get away with a couple of squares of really decent quality dark chocolate. So my next plan is again to go a few days without it and then test that theory. On my dads side of the family there's a big history of digestive problems, both my dad and his twin have had problems with ulcerated colon and stomach, and my Granny, their mother died as a result of the same thing, so I am loathe to eat stuff that I know irritates my insides, but really? Its going to be like falling out with my best friend.

Might actually do me some good in the long term though. And there's always fudge... :D

Red wine too? Oh I really feel for you! :cry: And I hear you on the digestive thing, as an IBS/'sensitive stomach' sufferer I'm 'aware' of avoiding certain foods and combinations of foods every day - it's just not worth the hassle and the potential damage is it? I hope you have some success with the dark choc though. Just a thought - is it likely that something else you eat on the same day is also triggering your reaction to the amino acid? I only ask because I know that there are some foods I can tolerate as long as I don't mix them with certain other foods - it might be worth looking at your food diary to see if there is anything else that features on the same days.

DYJHIW you go out & get wasted, start getting emotional then see ur ex (not kids Dad) & declare to him how much you love him, how u've always loved him etc.

He was that one true love & I do think of him a lot, he just got upset & told me it wasn't the time or place!

So embarrassed today...

You have over £1000 in your savings and its not yours its to pay for your sisters hen :(

big bear said:
DYJHIW you go out & get wasted, start getting emotional then see ur ex (not kids Dad) & declare to him how much you love him, how u've always loved him etc.

He was that one true love & I do think of him a lot, he just got upset & told me it wasn't the time or place!

So embarrassed today...

Bright side? You told him, no what ifs!!! Well done x

Shirleen said:
Bright side? You told him, no what ifs!!! Well done x

I definitely agree with this. If I hadn't drunkenly told a bloke I'd secretly fancied him for three years I wouldn't be with him today :)

Although admittedly I was mortified the next day!

Dyjhiw your OH knows you have had a crap weigh in, would know you've had a **** week at work if he bothered to ask....then tops it off with the most heartless n hurtfull comment you hav ever heard. I'm actually glad he's working away from home after tonite

kimmie2709 said:
Dyjhiw your OH knows you have had a crap weigh in, would know you've had a **** week at work if he bothered to ask....then tops it off with the most heartless n hurtfull comment you hav ever heard. I'm actually glad he's working away from home after tonite

Poor thing men are plonkers! X

kimmie2709 said:

:( oh no!!

DYJHIW your mum won't stop stressing about you loosing weight, she used to think you were too big but now she's concerned your getting too thin and will be anorexic, seriously I'm doing slimming world I eat loads

Happy Holidays said:
OH puts a pink loo block in the cistern again:confused: I told him last time it wasn't right, but he's not listened & he's used it again.

Have you ever tried peeing on pink water, it's just not right:(

Ummmm I can't see the water when I pee!!!
But I prefer the purple one!

Back