Don't you just hate it when....

You wake up remembering about a forgotten bill, pay it then are skint until April :(

I'm going into hibernation!

When you feel really hungry and want to have some naughty food and realise its weigh in day ha ha x:cry:

You are in your gym clothes, housework is all done and lunch is ready for when you get back only to find someone has superglued your butt to the sofa and your fingers to the laptop.

Note to self....... GO TO THE GYM NOW!!!!!

You are in your gym clothes, housework is all done and lunch is ready for when you get back only to find someone has superglued your butt to the sofa and your fingers to the laptop.

They came to my house too! Sounds like it is Serial Supergluers!

marathon_runner said:

As someone who has been known to go to the gym, get changed, & still not actually do any exercise (just sit in the coffee shop to pass some time so OH thinks i've been) i feel your pain.

As someone who has been known to go to the gym, get changed, & still not actually do any exercise (just sit in the coffee shop to pass some time so OH thinks i've been) i feel your pain.
I love this maybe if I tell myself Im just popping out for a coffee it will work.
Yes I am still sat here!

You dont know how to use this site properly yet and all you post is one realllllly long sentence.

They came to my house too! Sounds like it is Serial Supergluers!

OMG - they must have nationwide cover, except in my case they are stopping me doing the 3-4 hours work at home I have promised my temporary new boss for tomorrow!

disclaimer- i am not saying this to bring anyone down or be negative on others' weight losses. I understand that it's a personal thing for everyone, including myself, hence why i feel the need to rant

dyjhiw people say how hideous, fat, gross they are, when their starting weight is/was LOWER than your target weight?

I know height etc plays a big factor...but still...when someone says "I was 11 stone 10 and I was a fat blob" when my target weight is 12 1/2 stone....it's frigging depressing!

When you release you got yourself in to a lot of debt of credit cards and can't realise how!?
Does anyone have any ideas I can use to get rid? :-( losing sleep past few nights as I suddenly realised.

Lots of good advice already posted - would also add take a look at the consumer action forum site. (Can't remember the exact site address but google 'consumeractionforum' and you will get there - go to the sub section 'debt.') There is loads of information on there, template letters to send to credit card companies etc.

It can be a bit 'militant' - sorry can't think of any other way to describe it - but I used it about 7 years ago and have dipped into it here and there for advice and it changed me from a gibbering wreck every time the letterbox or the phone went, to someone who felt in control of our debt and on the road to sorting it out. It also educated me to how 'mis-leading' some of the letters I was getting from people chasing debts were. As DanielleOD has said, credit cards are not a priority debt and don't let anyone try and persuade you they are! One thing I really learned and still stick to was not to deal with any of it on the 'phone, but always to put offers, income and expenditure etc in writing and to insist on a reply in writing as well. This was after I had basically been bullied on the 'phone to agreeing to a larger payment than I could afford!

One other thing, you've put in one of your posts about topping up a loan (cat loan - must be car loan? even my cat's not that expensive ;)) Try to avoid doing this in the future if you can, because long term it increases your debt. It is also against the codes of practice (may even be law - I can't remember) for someone you owe money to to encourage you to take out another loan/increase a loan/or borrow more on a credit card to pay another loan back, for the same reason - it is increasing your debt.

Sorry of this has rambled on a bit, but having been in the situation myself, it is something I feel very strongly about. After a drastic unexpected change in circumstances, I never intended to not pay back what I owed, but found the tactics of some of the people I dealt with was very intimidating. I know how it can keep you awake at night and dominate every waking minute, so sending you the best for getting it sorted out.

:bighug:

Also ... just remembered - you can contact the NCCCS (I think that's right - might have too many 'Cs' in it, but it is the National Consumer Credit Counselling Service or something similar.) They sent me a pack with advice, template letters etc. I found in the early stages that just mentioning that I had taken advice from them and was following their guidelines had a very positive effect on the attitude of the people I was dealing with.

Finally (!) Take action sooner rather than later. It is tempting to just leave it 'for a while,' but I bet you will feel so much better when you feel you have set the ball rolling and done something positive.

disclaimer- i am not saying this to bring anyone down or be negative on others' weight losses. I understand that it's a personal thing for everyone, including myself, hence why i feel the need to rant

dyjhiw people say how hideous, fat, gross they are, when their starting weight is/was LOWER than your target weight?

I know height etc plays a big factor...but still...when someone says "I was 11 stone 10 and I was a fat blob" when my target weight is 12 1/2 stone....it's frigging depressing!

I find anyone describing themselves in those terms, regardless of their size to be a little bit depressing tbh.

DYJHIW people think you are being weird when you say you don't want to go for an all you can eat chinese in the middle of the week, even though they know you had a massive gain at hte weekend and really need to focus in getting your head back in the game.

DYJHIW you have no excuse now - you have to get off Minis and get on with some work. You have read all your subscribed threads, trawled through the sections you read, replied to a few, and now there is no alternative. Unless you all get posting ladies - give me something else to read! :D

Wait a minute - haven't updated my food diary. I really need to do that NOW (and maybe by the time I've finished there will be something else to read!) Addicted? Moi? Never! ;)

moonwatcher said:
DYJHIW you have no excuse now - you have to get off Minis and get on with some work. You have read all your subscribed threads, trawled through the sections you read, replied to a few, and now there is no alternative. Unless you all get posting ladies - give me something else to read! :D

Wait a minute - haven't updated my food diary. I really need to do that NOW (and maybe by the time I've finished there will be something else to read!) Addicted? Moi? Never! ;)

I was thinking the same thing. I need to do the dishes & cleaning I guess...

Thank you all for your help with my debts. Ive got my car up for sale at the moment, and If I get what I ask for it I can pay off my credit cards and still have few grand for another car. It's all very depressing these days isn't it. :-(
I was originally selling the car to keep the extra money as savings so I can be a SW consultant next year maybe. But I would rather clear these cards and feel a bit lighter with the burden esp as I've told no one cus my OH will go mad (got into the same prob bout 18 months ago :-( )
Managed to top up my loan I had to buy my cat with to clear them.
Any hoo sorry to put a dampner on anyone's day but thank you all for your help! Really appreciate it. :) xx

If this does all work out ok, I suggest getting rid of all but one credit card which you can use in emergencies. And set the payment up to take the balance in full on x date. That way you're not likely to build up a big credit card bill again.

And I know I'm going to sound just like a mum:rolleyes: but it may help if you write down all your outgoings & income & then you'll know how much spending money (if any:confused:) you have left at the end of the month. And don't be afraid of telling people you're not doing xyz because you've no money.

We're all in the same situation, we can't do everything we want to, we have to put off doing things until we've got savings.

I've got an online bank account which allows me to 'put money' in a separate account, that way I can save up for, car tax, mot, christmas, holidays etc.

Take things slowly & allow time for everything to come together.

DYJHIW you're OH rings to say the job he's doing is starting tomorrow instead of Friday, and he's going to be away all week :( not looking forward to it but I guess thats one of the downsides of being with a continental coach driver

Back