Don't you just hate it when....

debtin said:
Dyjhiw...you do the most excercise ever in a week but still put on weight and see yourself as You really are in photos.
Head away on a weekend break knowing how horrible you look and feel in swimming costume only to see so many skinny girls in theirs who have bothered to make an effort. Oh and other half says your body has changed since birth of child but doesn't have bottle to elaborate for fear of putting his foot in it and as much as you want to know what he really thinks you are **** feart cos you feel big, bloated and like a big lump of fat already yet still drink wine and eat anything and everything ugh

Right you. You are in the 9's trying to get into the 8's. Unless you are 4foot tall you are not big, fat or a lump by anyone's standards so stop being so down on yourself.

If that doesn't help you, then try to remember that there are people on here who weigh a damn sight more than you, imagine how they feel seeing someone who is 9 stone something describing themselves as a big fat lump. I am raging at you for your lack of self confidence & whilst I'm on a roll, ***** slap that stupid OH of yours into next week please.

To borrow a phrase from shirleen, Dynhiw you hate someone's OH when you've never even met them.

DYJHIW...you start eating better & as a result you break out into spots! Especially when said spots are itchy!

bunnylovesalan said:
Aww, I feel you, my body has totally changed, I still don't fit into normal trousers, which is so frustrating as I have dropped a dress size but they won't go over my lumpy stomach.
With exercise if it has only just been incorperating your day-to-day life you may seen a gain at first but don't let it get you down as you may not see signs on the scales but you will see inches of your body and get more tonned - which is a lot better for you then numbers (IMO). x

Thanks for that. Find it hard that I can fit into my old clothes but my body looks completely different. Biggest thing is that I thought if I fit into them I must be back to "normal" so have been thinkin am nearly there until the measuring tape brought me down to earth with a bump. Will keep at the excercise as it can't do me any harm. It's the wake up call I needed x

kingleds said:
Right you. You are in the 9's trying to get into the 8's. Unless you are 4foot tall you are not big, fat or a lump by anyone's standards so stop being so down on yourself.

If that doesn't help you, then try to remember that there are people on here who weigh a damn sight more than you, imagine how they feel seeing someone who is 9 stone something describing themselves as a big fat lump. I am raging at you for your lack of self confidence & whilst I'm on a roll, ***** slap that stupid OH of yours into next week please.

To borrow a phrase from shirleen, Dynhiw you hate someone's OH when you've never even met them.

Wow slap into touch that I needed. As I was sayin to other person, I have just realised recently that even tho I can fit into old jeans, its only when I found my pre baby measurements that I realised how many inches bigger I am, even tho scales say differently. Honestly I have always hated my body, big or small, but on a good note I have found my moJo for excercise. Last night my tummy was bloated to the max and I felt horrible hence the self pity.
Don't get me wrong my oh tells me every single day in life that I am gorgeous. Yesterday he was sayin that yes I am not the same but that I am still "hot"....I just meant I want him to be honest as opposed to being safe with his words but again it comes back to me not believing him. My fault not his. I see tanned, toned girls my age all the time who in an instant can bring my confidence down. Believe me I really do know how I sound but I can't help it tho I am trying.
Thanks tho for the talkin too. I have already decided to dust myself down, read my sw mag tonigt and get back to basics as opposed to "playing" at it. Excercise more too x

debtin said:
Wow slap into touch that I needed. As I was sayin to other person, I have just realised recently that even tho I can fit into old jeans, its only when I found my pre baby measurements that I realised how many inches bigger I am, even tho scales say differently. Honestly I have always hated my body, big or small, but on a good note I have found my moJo for excercise. Last night my tummy was bloated to the max and I felt horrible hence the self pity.
Don't get me wrong my oh tells me every single day in life that I am gorgeous. Yesterday he was sayin that yes I am not the same but that I am still "hot"....I just meant I want him to be honest as opposed to being safe with his words but again it comes back to me not believing him. My fault not his. I see tanned, toned girls my age all the time who in an instant can bring my confidence down. Believe me I really do know how I sound but I can't help it tho I am trying.
Thanks tho for the talkin too. I have already decided to dust myself down, read my sw mag tonigt and get back to basics as opposed to "playing" at it. Excercise more too x

I'm glad you took my post in the spirit it was meant debtin, and that you've made some positive decisions anyway x

When you're laid in bed quietly reading a book when hubby & son come piling in, sprawl out on the bed and turn wrestling on TV full blast!!

...you have a kiddies birthday tea party to attend, go with good intentions of sticking to salad/fruit & 1 slice of cake then because of the atmosphere and kids driving you mad (especially your own who has decided to ignore everything you say) you end up picking at the not so healthy stuff to stop you turning round and telling everyone to **** off and start acting like adults!

DYJHIW you work so hard at something and there are no results to show for it. 30 day shred completed today but no inch loss to show for it, in fact my waist is 1 inch bigger. Gutted is an understatement :cry:

DYJHIW you have to spend all 5 of your working days this week, working with the guy who was rude to you last week :( not amused! :(

Shirleen said:
You get so jealous of a mate who has lost so much weight after Gastric Band surgery :(

Be proud that you are doing it the hard way! Think of your achievement when the weight is gone, your friend has 'achieved' nothing, it's easy to take the easy option! :)

M Louise H said:
DYJHIW you work so hard at something and there are no results to show for it. 30 day shred completed today but no inch loss to show for it, in fact my waist is 1 inch bigger. Gutted is an understatement :cry:

That's a shame and I can see why your disappointed. The shred is hard going. Were you losing weight the time you were doing it? How long did it take you? I should be moving on to level two this week at some point and have no inch loss so far.
You have did amazing to complete it. Do you not feel better at all?

I think that its a shame people see weight loss surgery as an "easy" option. You have to be pretty much at the end of your rope as far as losing weight goes to actually go as far as giving up ever being able to eat "normally" again in order to achieve your goals. And much as some people have great success and quick loss with surgery, so do *some* people on VCLD and SW (other diet plans are available!). It is very much an individual thing. One persons perfect route is another persons nightmare. I dont think it is "cheating" to go down the surgery route, or that people who do that should be any less celebrated for making the effort to get off the weight that they put on. Its a struggle for EVERYONE who has weight to lose.

This is not a snipe at the OP who put the comment, so please dont take it as so, more at the generalisation which is so common across society that surgery is a cop-out. It isnt, its a dangerous, drastic and almost certainly permanent way to stop your previous eating habits. I havent had it, by the way, but I know people that have. Losing weight is not a competition, much as "Slimmer of The Week" or the media would have you believe. Its a personal choice and an individual one.

All of that said, I can totally empathise with Shirleen. It is hard to see someone else achieving what you work so hard for, but at the end of it all, you will both be slimmer and healthier, but your gastric tract will be unhindered. Win all round there, I think. :)

DYJHIW you just pop on for a quick read and end up on a massive rant :D

You need to hold a pint and a half of water in your bladder on Friday and when you try and do it to see how well you can do, your dying for a wee 5 minutes later :/

Back