Don't you just hate it when....

yeah that was me....oh sh1t- i really hope she doesn't think it's her! fuuuuuuuu i never even thought of that! im sure when i mentioned it i said it was someone from a diff department...man i didn't think of that! thanks for the heads up- maybe that's it! oh god i'm so embarrassed!

I wonder if thats it then...she thinks its her? How big headed ;) Awww hope you feel better about it all soon x

I wonder if thats it then...she thinks its her? How big headed ;) Awww hope you feel better about it all soon x

Thanks hun....I feel a bit better just sharing it to be honest. At least I can move on now that I've shared it- and there is no one here (at home) I can talk to about it....

I just don't know what it's going to be like in work....It's ok because I'm only in on Sunday- and she doesn't work sundays....then I'm on my jollies.... but being extremely selfish- I hope to god she didn't mention this in work- because I don't want to get into trouble- especially since it's a misunderstanding....Will give Asda a wide berth though- was going to go shopping with mum tomorrow- I think I'll leave her to it!

*sigh*

Yeah hopefully a bit of space and things can calm down and you get to enjoy your jollies too x

I don't know whether I'm going to be working at Asda when I get back anyway- I'm only picking up overtime at the moment anyway. So we shall see....But yes, hopefully a week of absolutely no contact might help. There's nothing I can do about it now- just need to be more mindful and keep my distance. I can do that- it's really no skin off my nose really.

I just wish she'd have told me- I hate the fact that she feels scared of me- I've never done anything to make her feel like that, not knowingly anyway....I'm feeling guilty again..

This too shall pass...nothing I can do, I just have to try and move on and accept what's happened over the last hour or so!

DYJHIW you think you might apply for a grant for some training at work and just looking at the forms/courses etc gives you a headache :cry:

Now on to you!

Have you got anyone who can go through it with you? Sometimes clear eyes can make things a lot simpler. When it's your form and you're possibly scared about not doing it right, you might find it more complicated than it actually is, if that makes sense?

I don't know whether I'm going to be working at Asda when I get back anyway- I'm only picking up overtime at the moment anyway. So we shall see....But yes, hopefully a week of absolutely no contact might help. There's nothing I can do about it now- just need to be more mindful and keep my distance. I can do that- it's really no skin off my nose really.

I just wish she'd have told me- I hate the fact that she feels scared of me- I've never done anything to make her feel like that, not knowingly anyway....I'm feeling guilty again..

This too shall pass...nothing I can do, I just have to try and move on and accept what's happened over the last hour or so!
If you haven't done anything wrong you have nothing to feel guilty about x

Now on to you!

Have you got anyone who can go through it with you? Sometimes clear eyes can make things a lot simpler. When it's your form and you're possibly scared about not doing it right, you might find it more complicated than it actually is, if that makes sense?

Haha I don't think I am ready for it yet and the applications have to be in by the 17th, I just need to remember that I do want to progress and not just sit on my laurels and let my brain keep numbing! Thanks for the reply x

DYJHIW you get offered an amazing once in a lifetime opportunity, but the dates of it clash with the start of the college term and you just don't know what to do! I don't want to pass up the chance to do what I've been offered, but also I don't know if I could get away with missing 3 whole weeks of college!! Arghhhh why is nothing ever straight forward eh!!! x

DYJHIW you get offered an amazing once in a lifetime opportunity, but the dates of it clash with the start of the college term and you just don't know what to do! I don't want to pass up the chance to do what I've been offered, but also I don't know if I could get away with missing 3 whole weeks of college!! Arghhhh why is nothing ever straight forward eh!!! x

can you take some college stuff with you? Tell them in advance and get the work given to you? So you could at least read over it before bed or something xx

Welshtigger said:

Are you starting nursing??

Ps, what's the once in a lifetime opportunity, if you don't mind me asking

LittleFlutterby said:
can you take some college stuff with you? Tell them in advance and get the work given to you? So you could at least read over it before bed or something xx

I don't start til September 10th, but don't finish in London til September 30th!! :( x
parfittaroles said:
Are you starting nursing??

Ps, what's the once in a lifetime opportunity, if you don't mind me asking

due to be starting my access course yes!
I've been offered a job as a duty security manager down at the Olympics in London!!! Hence it being an opportunity I don't want to pass up :confused: x

Welshtigger said:
I don't start til September 10th, but don't finish in London til September 30th!! :( x

I've been offered a job as a duty security manager down at the Olympics in London!!! Hence it being an opportunity I don't want to pass up :confused: x

Congratulations! I'd go for it! I missed the first month of my course & I managed to catch up without any problems :) I even know someone who didn't start until the week before Xmas & she still managed it. As long as you're willing to put some hard graft In after then you'll be fine hun

parfittaroles said:
Congratulations! I'd go for it! I missed the first month of my course & I managed to catch up without any problems :) I even know someone who didn't start until the week before Xmas & she still managed it. As long as you're willing to put some hard graft In after then you'll be fine hun

Was that the access course Hun? I'm gonna speak to college on Monday, and see what they say, as the pay for this Olympics job is awesome, and that extra 3.5 weeks will see me thru a few months in college x

Welshtigger said:

I'm sure if you spoke to the college & explain they say yeah & give you reading etc. That is definitely a once in a lifetime...just talk to them & Congrats on getting the job xx

Is the Olympics not end July/August?

big bear said:
Is the Olympics not end July/August?

The main games start 27th of July, and the paras finish on 9th of September. But they need us there by end of June, for when the athletes begin arriving and to get our bearings with the sites before the staff come in, then we have to stay for 3 weeks after

Welshtigger said:
The main games start 27th of July, and the paras finish on 9th of September. But they need us there by end of June, for when the athletes begin arriving and to get our bearings with the sites before the staff come in, then we have to stay for 3 weeks after

Once in a lifetime thing!, ask for your college work in advance, work it at home buy a dictaphone that you can connect to the net and ask a friend from your classes to record and upload all your lectures so you can keep up and three weeks is nothing in lectures! I missed three weeks in a drunken stupor and still got a 2:1 lol!

X x x

Mummy2Bslim said:
Once in a lifetime thing!, ask for your college work in advance, work it at home buy a dictaphone that you can connect to the net and ask a friend from your classes to record and upload all your lectures so you can keep up and three weeks is nothing in lectures! I missed three weeks in a drunken stupor and still got a 2:1 lol!

X x x

I get what youre saying! But it's my access course! It's due to start in September-so don't know anyone on it, and I can't ask for it in advance as I don't start it til the 10th of September!! Arghhhh I dunno what to do :(

Welshtigger said:
I get what youre saying! But it's my access course! It's due to start in September-so don't know anyone on it, and I can't ask for it in advance as I don't start it til the 10th of September!! Arghhhh I dunno what to do :(

Have you told them that your only available until the 10th? Maybe they could be flexible, or just be sneaky work till the 9th then call in sick lol

X x x

Just tell the college at the last minute you need compassionate leave if you can't find any other way x

Back