Don't you just hate it when....

When you have time to kill between meetings, are in Covent garden, but it's 2 days till payday & you are skint & have to walk past Lk Bennett, reiss & banana republic without even going in!

When you go to have a shower, and theres no HOT water left!

Not so much a DYJHIW more of a 'minor irritations rant'

Oxo cubes... Why are they so damn fiddly to open, then you get covered in the stuff crumbling, THEN to add insult to injury a gentle wisp of air and your chasing the wrappers all over the kitchen!

Babybels... Only once have I got it out of the wax jacket without breaking it!

The kettle... Why does it take longer to 'boil' when it's empty? Then you realise it's empty and have to wait again! ( kettle at work is heavy I keep misjudging it and the thingy on the side doesn't work).

Why don't the measure thing on kettle ever work after a few boils?

Why when you really fancy a yogurt is it always the flavour you least enjoy?

Butternut squash seeds... Ninjas all of them, escaping to creep up on you later!

Pears.... Always rock flaming hard!

'no smear' glass wipes... In what universe???

The water tank on the tumble drier always needs emptying on MY shift!

When you have time to kill between meetings, are in Covent garden, but it's 2 days till payday & you are skint & have to walk past Lk Bennett, reiss & banana republic without even going in!

You could do a bit of window shopping, & then pop back after payday???????

When you go to have a shower, and theres no HOT water left!

I feel your pain..................... A few years ago our boiler needed replacing & we bought one which heats up the water as & when we need it, it is the best thing we did, I so love just going for a shower, or just washing up & knowing the water will be hot.

Shirleen said:

Oxo cubes... Why are they so damn fiddly to open, then you get covered in the stuff crumbling, THEN to add insult to injury a gentle wisp of air and your chasing the wrappers all over the kitchen!

can't help with the rest but I understand the annoyance of them all!

I have a bit of a thing about not having dirty hands or just things on my hands in general! With the oxo cubes I almost stopped using them. Then noticed someone using them with a way that I have used ever since. I pull the little corner flaps up, then crush the cube when it's still in its foil, then pull the corners and then it should open nicely along the join. No mess and no covered hands!... Still might fly away though!

I always think pears are meant to be eaten when they are softer so don't eat them until a few days after I've bought them.

Happy Holidays said:
I feel your pain..................... A few years ago our boiler needed replacing & we bought one which heats up the water as & when we need it, it is the best thing we did, I so love just going for a shower, or just washing up & knowing the water will be hot.

I've been living with only a coal fire that heats the water and radiators or an electric emmersion (sp?) luckily our shower is electric so always hot.

Thank god we've just qualified for a homeowners grant to get a condensor boiler installed and brand new radiators in every room completely free! Just in time for babies arrival

X x x

Shirleen said:

Butternut squash seeds... Ninjas all of them, escaping to creep up on you later!

lol! these really made me laugh! :)

Happy Holidays said:
Awwwwww that's really sad, I just hope after he's slept on it, it all becomes much better & you manage to make up before he goes back to work.

Yeah thanks! He ended up coming back to my house at 5am as he couldn't get into his flat-as his flat mate had left the key in the door(cos he obviously wasnt expecting Matt back) and when r got back he apologised for over reacting and were fine again now :)

When your oh ends up doing another 15 hour shift because as far his manager and above are concerned " it's not their problem" when people phone in sick and then say if you don't like it plenty of people would want your job!!!!!!!! So now he is too scared to complain as he feels like he will lose his job. Aaaaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Your husband takes his merry time and your so starving hungry you scoff 2 French fancies to stop yourself feeling sick :(

Shirleen said:

The kettle... Why does it take longer to 'boil' when it's empty? Then you realise it's empty and have to wait again! ( kettle at work is heavy I keep misjudging it and the thingy on the side doesn't work).

This really made me laugh. Thanx

Also what about -

Why I am always the one to go to any of the four toilets in our house when half way through a wee I notice that the loo roll has ran out.

Why does my husband insist on having the bin competition? Who can get the most in the swing bin so it's so full that it doesn't actually swing and it obviously needs emptying but he leaves it for me!

Why does everybody walk past the stuff that is on the stairs waiting to be taken up when they go upstairs? Why am I the only person who ever sees it???

Why does everybody else want a cup of tea as soon as I get up to make one? If they wanted one so desperately why haven't they made one yet?

Why does the petrol fairy never come to our house?

Wow I could go on and on.......

DYJHIW you are really struggling to walk as your back hurts so much - done almost 12 hours straight cleaning today, be glad to be back in the office tomorrow for a rest! On the plus side, think of the Body Magic!!

When you get the new iPhone 4s and preparing to sell my old iPhone 3GS but it's not wiping the memory! Argh! Right bed time And try again tomo morning .

Shirleen said:

Brilliant!! Hahaha

Birdmummy said:
Also what about -

Why I am always the one to go to any of the four toilets in our house when half way through a wee I notice that the loo roll has ran out.

Why does my husband insist on having the bin competition? Who can get the most in the swing bin so it's so full that it doesn't actually swing and it obviously needs emptying but he leaves it for me!

Why does everybody walk past the stuff that is on the stairs waiting to be taken up when they go upstairs? Why am I the only person who ever sees it???

Why does everybody else want a cup of tea as soon as I get up to make one? If they wanted one so desperately why haven't they made one yet?

Why does the petrol fairy never come to our house?

Wow I could go on and on.......

Hahaha!!!

DYJHIW you sit through the adverts before you realise you sky plussed it!

Did this last night, half way through before I remembered I'd paused the live TV so could FF through the adverts? Then got annoyed an hour later when I was back at real time and could FF through them any more.

On another subject....

DYJHIW, you receive your 'Certification of cessation of entitlement to occupy family accommodation and of impending homelessness'.

Back