Don't you just hate it when....

M Louise H said:
I'd paid cash and was worried someone else had found the receipt and collected the bed. Anyway, spoke to the store this morning who told me not to worry and we could collect it without the receipt. Made me giggle that I heard her in the background saying to her colleague I was 'a foreigner who didn't know Greek very well!'. At least I'm trying and not doing the arrogant shouty British thing...EGG AND CHIPS...............EGG.................AND..............CHIPS!

Lol phew glad it's sorted :) yeah I lived in Switzerland for a while and it was a bit like that :) as long as you're trying :) in Switzerland they judged you if you couldn't speak French, German and Italian lol

Arctic-BNG said:
Stolen off 'Naked Science Forum'

So using the 20 cals per syn rule.............

Lol thanks for saving the men no one was going to be nice to their men for 500kcals!! That's 25syns!!

When everyone at work is grating on you and making you tetchy.... Even giving off 'do not approach' warning signals isn't doing the trick!

When your brother notices that your tax disc is out of date and you KNOW you bought a new one, and hubby put it in the car, so the only time it could have gone missing is when it was valeted, as who would put the old disc (that was in the centre console) back in the window??

Then as if that wasn't bad enough, as we're discussing that we notice that the back tyre has a puncture!

Fortunately, my brother knew a place that does good second hand tyres and so I got the tyre that needed replacing (advisory on MOT) and a puncture repair for £30!

So my car has cost me £37 today.

take it you've no work todo!!!!lol

meant to be quoted with artic nb post

I take it you meant me! :D

No, day off to go to a meeting at one school and to run around picking up children from school for half term! (3 different schools, 30 miles apart)

Don't you just hate it when your home phone breaks and you need it for your volunteer job plus haven't really got the money to pay for a bleaking nother one, grrr

Welshtigger said:
I had my heart set on doing Nursing, I'd got a place on the access course for September and then due to a change in the job I got for the Olympics, it would mean missing the first 7/8 days in college, so I asked them if it was ok, and obviously made it clear I was willing to do extra to catch up. The course tutor has refused to let me, claiming(without even knowing me) that id never catch up, or be successful on the course!
So once again I try to make something of my life-and fail :( I don't know what to do now-after September 30th I have nothing :(

What college or uni were you planning on going to im a college lecturer and to be honest the first week is induction and form filling,

andi7273 said:
What college or uni were you planning on going to im a college lecturer and to be honest the first week is induction and form filling,

My local college in north Wales. I've resigned myself to the fact I can't do it now-after the way she treated me and spoke to me, I doubt id have been able to pass the course anyway with her marking my work!!
Am looking at other options now-thanks tho

phaeona said:
It's looking like a lovely weekend and you have to work and cos your hospital is stupid you aren't even getting the bank holidays on monday & tuesday :cry:

Surely you get bank hol pay? Time and 2/3 rds

Surely you get bank hol pay? Time and 2/3 rds

nope! junior doctor on fixed pay employed by hospital not deanery therefore no supplemental banding pay either and this weekend is the middle of my second stint of 12 days straight in 5 weeks! ( only broken by a weekend off - was have other wise worked every day of may)

I want to know where these doctors jobs are the government keeps talking about that earn 100k - i want one cos mine certainly doesn't and i work damn hard for what i get.

I'm also working this weekend and Tuesday and I don't get any extra pay. I do at christmas get double pay that's it.

Welshtigger said:
My local college in north Wales. I've resigned myself to the fact I can't do it now-after the way she treated me and spoke to me, I doubt id have been able to pass the course anyway with her marking my work!!
Am looking at other options now-thanks tho

Have you thought of doing your access course through distance learning? I finished mine last week and have four uni offers for nursing in september. I started last august. But if you start now youll have loads of time.

Pearly0505 said:
Have you thought of doing your access course through distance learning? I finished mine last week and have four uni offers for nursing in september. I started last august. But if you start now youll have loads of time.

How much does that cost? I didn't even know you could do that?

Welshtigger said:
How much does that cost? I didn't even know you could do that?

I did it through the distance learning centre. Accesstonursing.com. The total course is approx £700 which was nearly £1300 cheaper than college for me. And you can pay monthly. Where as college wanted a lump sum. You need motivation as its self directed but if I can do it and get distinctions anyone can xxx

Pearly0505 said:
I did it through the distance learning centre. Accesstonursing.com. The total course is approx £700 which was nearly £1300 cheaper than college for me. And you can pay monthly. Where as college wanted a lump sum. You need motivation as its self directed but if I can do it and get distinctions anyone can xxx

Ah right! Thanks for the info! My college course was gonna be free tho! But will defo look into it when I get back from the Olympics! Cheers hun x might pick your brain again if that's ok x

Last edited:
Back