Don't you just hate it when....

DYJIW your advertising house to let, had fair few people interested an viewing this week.. then i get a cheeky begger that asks to view, so set date/time. then he doesnt want it. Then asks later on if rent is negotiable? i ask negotiable how? an goes on that the rent it to much to afford atm?! asks again wants to view an few hours later doesnt again!!

well for 1, if you cant afford the rent why on earth you looking? how cheeky asking me to lower rent when your not even living there & its ridiculously low for the house anyway. & then messing me about with wanting to view or not!! argh! some people!! :mad::mad:

People who no nothing about driving a lorry blame lorry drivers for accidents when car drivers are far worse!
My husband tells me of how car drivers behave and I'm terrified for him.
I have also seen car drivers come up on the inside of lorries and buses on roundabouts not caring that they need to take the middle lane simply to get around it!
Before blaming the lorries consider, are they driving like that because that's actually the nature of driving a very long articulated vehicle?

Shirleen said:
People who no nothing about driving a lorry blame lorry drivers for accidents when car drivers are far worse!
My husband tells me of how car drivers behave and I'm terrified for him.
I have also seen car drivers come up on the inside of lorries and buses on roundabouts not caring that they need to take the middle lane simply to get around it!
Before blaming the lorries consider, are they driving like that because that's actually the nature of driving a very long articulated vehicle?

Totally agree, I swear people don't read their highway codes these days, you are told to look out for long vehicles turning and still they creep up on the inside at roundabouts etc. and then have the cheek to hoot me because I'm giving the lorry space to do what they need to do!

And now I'm on a roll.. Yellow box junctions, why block them and if you can see you are in a queue of traffic why block the entrance to side roads as you make things worse as no one can get into or out of the road!

I personally think (although I wouldn't know about the logistics or the costs) we should have to retake a test say every 10 years, the Highway Code changes and people's driving skills are dire, also why at 70 do you get your licence renewed but you haven't had to prove you're still capable or driving? X

Totally agree, I swear people don't read their highway codes these days, you are told to look out for long vehicles turning and still they creep up on the inside at roundabouts etc. and then have the cheek to hoot me because I'm giving the lorry space to do what they need to do!

And now I'm on a roll.. Yellow box junctions, why block them and if you can see you are in a queue of traffic why block the entrance to side roads as you make things worse as no one can get into or out of the road!

I personally think (although I wouldn't know about the logistics or the costs) we should have to retake a test say every 10 years, the Highway Code changes and people's driving skills are dire, also why at 70 do you get your licence renewed but you haven't had to prove you're still capable or driving? X

Although I agree that you should have to re-take your test, I don't think it would do a lot of good as I know a few people who know how to pass the test, but still think their way of driving is right, so would drive right to pass but then go straight back to driving how they think works best.

You thought that the troubles you were having with your 5 year old with regards to wetting herself were over but they've started again with a vengeance (or they just never completely went away?) wanted to find the info from a couple of weeks ago about wetting and can't find. Oh well off to doctors now so they can refer her for tests. I lost weight so she wouldn't be bullied but now she's going to be picked on for smelling awful and there's nothing I can do. Can't go to toilet for her!! Sorry for rambling on :(

Wannabe skinnymini said:
You thought that the troubles you were having with your 5 year old with regards to wetting herself were over but they've started again with a vengeance (or they just never completely went away?) wanted to find the info from a couple of weeks ago about wetting and can't find. Oh well off to doctors now so they can refer her for tests. I lost weight so she wouldn't be bullied but now she's going to be picked on for smelling awful and there's nothing I can do. Can't go to toilet for her!! Sorry for rambling on :(

Hope you sort it soon. There was a discussion about this in the "dont you just love it when" thread is that what you had seen? X

Dyjhiw you are so crap at interviews you can't answer the easiest if questions without floundering and just about manage to hold back the tears till you get to the car.
aww im sorry to hear this hun, its never as bad as u think it is :) xxxxx

dyjhiw you see a 5 year old playing on your street out of view of his parents when its dark - been more than once now aswell. with all thats in the news and stuff at the moment you'd think people would be more careful. xxx

Dyjhiw you are so crap at interviews you can't answer the easiest if questions without floundering and just about manage to hold back the tears till you get to the car.

If asked a question at an interview & you can't immediately give an answer to it, ask them to repeat the question, thus giving you time to think.

I'm sure the interviewer could see you were not at your best & will take that into consideration.

If asked a question at an interview & you can't immediately give an answer to it, ask them to repeat the question, thus giving you time to think.

I'm sure the interviewer could see you were not at your best & will take that into consideration.
The interviewer was really good and changed/repeated questions as I was struggling which helped a bit but I really get a mental block about the easiest of questions.

*Emsie* said:
The interviewer was really good and changed/repeated questions as I was struggling which helped a bit but I really get a mental block about the easiest of questions.

I've had a few of interviews like that where I've asked them to elaborate because I'd no idea!! One of which I thought was AWFUL they offered me the job, so all may not be lost :) Good luck

i agree with everyone else emsie, i think they take peoples nerves into consideration and if they like you despite that then ideal! xxxx

I've had a few of interviews like that where I've asked them to elaborate because I'd no idea!! One of which I thought was AWFUL they offered me the job, so all may not be lost :) Good luck

i agree with everyone else emsie, i think they take peoples nerves into consideration and if they like you despite that then ideal! xxxx
Thnks ....thing is don't think the job is for me anyway as I wanted it as a 2nd job and they want me to do more hours than I want to on top of my other job. Its just so frustrating being so useless at interviews and if I do want that 2nd job have got to go through more :( but hopefully I can work on things and get a grip!

Back