Don't you just hate it when....

....When ur bf throws up all over the back of your car (inside!!!!!) because he has drunk about half a litre of brandy on an empty stomach!!!!

God I hope he's out there cleaning it up and not sleeping his hangover off !!
Keep a bucket in the car, I always have carried one coz you never know lol

Potty training!! My daughter is being a nightmare (she is more than ready to be potty trained,
I'm not pushing her into it)! Quick question... She will wear pants & stay dry but will hold her wee in till she gets a nappy - she will not wee on toilet/potty! How long can I leave her in pants without her damaging herself holding it in?? Any advice would be great coz the professionals are being useless :(

Potty training!! My daughter is being a nightmare (she is more than ready to be potty trained,
I'm not pushing her into it)! Quick question... She will wear pants & stay dry but will hold her wee in till she gets a nappy - she will not wee on toilet/potty! How long can I leave her in pants without her damaging herself holding it in?? Any advice would be great coz the professionals are being useless :(

I'm not sure how long they will have to hold it in before they damage but i think the damage will build up overtime and could damage her kidneys and bladder. I had the same problem with my first, she was a nightmare to potty train. I used a sticker chart and when she would get a certain amount of stickers she would get her fav food or some clothes, toy, shoes that she likes x

I'm not too sure either, but I'd try some form of reward chart,or I'm thinking make weeing on the loo/potty fun, try & see 'how much noise she can make weeing, is it louder on the potty or loo.

How often are you putting a nappy on her now?

Well she held it for 7 hours today! Put a nappy on & she wee'd straight away... It's so frustrating I just want to explain to her how easy it is once she's done it once but due to her deafness it's so difficult & no professionals seem to be able to help either! She's just turned 4 & we've been trying since she was 2 :( x

DYJHIW - you realise you should wear your glasses when cooking - the reason

I go to spray frylight on my SW chips and dont realise the nozzle is the wrong way round ... Sheila gets a face full of frylight arghhhhh

Well she held it for 7 hours today! Put a nappy on & she wee'd straight away... It's so frustrating I just want to explain to her how easy it is once she's done it once but due to her deafness it's so difficult & no professionals seem to be able to help either! She's just turned 4 & we've been trying since she was 2 :( x

Once a health visitor told me to put a piece of kitchen roll tissue inside the nappy and when she did a wee wee she would feel uncomfortable or to use terry's on her so that the in comfortableness will make her use the potty. I tried it a few times with the tissue but it didnt work for my daughter. My cousin would put a water proof sheet where ever her daughter was playing or sitting and put her in undies. She would wet herself and she would just leave her until she felt uncomfortable and ask her mum to change her undies and after a few times she would than use potty because she didnt like the feeling of being wet. Its a hard job this potty training, i will be potty training my 3rd my son and i'm not looking forward to it x

Would it be better to have a break from it for a while and then try again?

The paper towel sounds like a really good idea, I'll give that a go... She is due to start full time school in January so I'm not sure how it's going to work if she's not out of nappies... X

Have you got anyone in your family a similar age to your daughter as my youngest learned by watching his brother going the toilet and wanted to be a big boy too!!
Have you tried pretty knickers ex Disney princess Or someone she likes that way when she goes to the toilet you can say show who ever is on her knickers how big you are and do a wee wee ?
She will get there it takes time maybe she needs a break from it too X

Another idea I've seen work before similar to katies is to get someone to wrote a letter to her "from" her favourite princess or character saying how excited they are for her to be in big girls pants and how they hope she is enjoying being a big girl using the toilet. They could post it and you could make a big thing about her receiving a special letter that the postman has brought just for her and read (sign) it to her.
You could have them mention they would love a reply so if it works and she goes in the toilet you could help her write a letter back with her good news? She clearly has the physical capacity to potty train as she is holding it for an extended time, maybe the letter will be a positive push to use the toilet? X

Edit spelling

Last edited:
Another idea I've seen work before similar to katies is to get someone to wrote a letter to her "from" her favourite princess or character saying how excited they are for her to be in big girls pants and how they hope she is enjoying being a big girl using the toilet. They could post it and you could make a big thing about her receiving a special letter that the postman has brought just for her and read (sign) it to her. You could have them mention they would love a reply so if it works and she goes in the toilet you could hell her write a letter back with her good news? She clearly has the physical capacity to potty train as she is holding it for an extended time, maybe the letter will be a positive push to use the toilet? X

I don't have kids but think this is an awesome idea!!!

Right plan of the day is to make a reward chart, letter from peppa pig & print off a certificate - in the meantime I'm putting kitchen roll in her nappy & showing her dolls weeing! We will crack this...

Back