Don't you just hate it when....

I heard two 12 year olds having a conversation about holidays yesterday... One was disappointed that her parents had 'only' booked Centre Parks for their holiday this year. The other one was saying that there will be loads to do there with the all the activities etc... To which her friend replied. .. But it's not exactly a proper holiday is it? It's not even abroad!

It just got to me as I've had matty in tears recently saying that all his friends are going on fancy holidays and we're not.... I'd love to take him for a week at Centre Parks, but we can't even afford that .... I just thought that she should be grateful that she's getting a holiday this year!! X

Greece has many many faults but the thing I love is there is no 'keeping up with the Joneses'. My daughter is 8 and although she has up to date electronic gadgets (more to do with my OH to be honest!) she really doesn't want or ask for much. We're in the sticks and not many of us in the area are financially well off - kids go out and play and we're lucky that in the summer they don't need to go anywhere for holidays as they have it on their doorstep. It's like the UK when I was a kid, they go out to play (because it's safe enough to) and not a designer trainer in sight :D

Dyjhiw were on our way to Newcastle to say our goodbyes to such a loving close friend. Going to be such a emotional day, I've already cried so much today!
RIP Craig, life isn't fair sometimes. Taken way to soon x

Hope you're ok and that it all went as well as these things can x

DYJHIW

1. You're walking like a disabled John Wayne thanks to Jillian Michaels and her shred
2. You look in the mirror at work and realise you just look SO old. I'm hoping it's the harsh lighting but I fear not (fishing for compliments here chaps!!)

I've been doing the shred too!! I've done 5 days so far and my calves are just about starting to get used to it (walking down the stairs is not fun at the moment!)

But keep at it! I'm aiming to get it finished with no breaks (had a few attempts last year but failed!) as part of my bucket list!!

And I'm sure you look lovely :)

I heard two 12 year olds having a conversation about holidays yesterday... One was disappointed that her parents had 'only' booked Centre Parks for their holiday this year. The other one was saying that there will be loads to do there with the all the activities etc... To which her friend replied. .. But it's not exactly a proper holiday is it? It's not even abroad! It just got to me as I've had matty in tears recently saying that all his friends are going on fancy holidays and we're not.... I'd love to take him for a week at Centre Parks, but we can't even afford that .... I just thought that she should be grateful that she's getting a holiday this year!! X

That is mental Emsie.

My hubs was delivering a sofa to someone in Kensington the other week. He heard 2 two women with pushchairs in tow saying 'I don't understand how poor people complain about the cost of taking their children out - look at all the parks and playgrounds around here they can go to for free!' I reckon if the mums from the neighbouring 'poor' areas descended on their parks they'd call the police!

I heard two 12 year olds having a conversation about holidays yesterday... One was disappointed that her parents had 'only' booked Centre Parks for their holiday this year. The other one was saying that there will be loads to do there with the all the activities etc... To which her friend replied. .. But it's not exactly a proper holiday is it? It's not even abroad! It just got to me as I've had matty in tears recently saying that all his friends are going on fancy holidays and we're not.... I'd love to take him for a week at Centre Parks, but we can't even afford that .... I just thought that she should be grateful that she's getting a holiday this year!! X

Having been to centre parcs, I think it's fair to say they are definitely taking advantage of wealthy parents!

Dyjhiw the GP can't find your implant to remove it so you spend 1/2 an hour of your lunch hour with him trying to fish it out!!

Funnily enough, not that hungry after that !

DYJHIW.......your normally well behaved bunnies are refusing to hop into their hutch! Still running round the back garden in the dark so looks like they'll be out for the night! :S

Kathy

DYJHIW.......your normally well behaved bunnies are refusing to hop into their hutch! Still running round the back garden in the dark so looks like they'll be out for the night! :S

Kathy

My daughter has house rabbits & she just clicks her fingers & tells them to go back in, usually they do, but the odd time 'Susie' will be naughty & runs away, & just keeps running around!!!!

Dyjhiw no-one switches lights off when they leave a room so you have to go round house switching them all off before you leave the house!

I left my house at 6:50 this morning, halfway into work I realised I hadnt switched my kitchen light off. I won't get back until gone 7 this evening :-(

Back