Dont you just hate unexpected meals out!!

custardlipstick

Addicted to Cheese
I had maccaroni cheese planned! One of my favourate meals!!

Friends moved in just round road and to say thanks took us to the pub. I tried to be perfect, its my first week again, and I went with a veggy option they had which seemed the best out of all of them except they didnt have any! Was stuffed peppers with ragu.

So instead I ended up with pork loin and pots except the potato had black pudding in and it came with a creamy sauce! Now i wish i had read the menu propperly rather than quickly! lol. I did steal some of my partners veggys thought :D

Just sat down and worked it out. Approx 36 syns including any possible butter. Tried to over syn everything but for ONE MEAL! thats mental.

28 syns left till thursday if i decide to stick with my normal 70. Love that if I try and stick to that and have gone over I have upto 105.

Man I :heartpump: slimming world! I am a woman in control.

I try and look at it a different way, i absolutely love meals out!

SW is a life long thing, we are doing this for the rest of our lives and meals out will crop up a lot, just enjoy it, make wise choices and get straight back on plan. One meal is not going to ruin your losses for the week :) I refuse to fret about syns and sit working it out, this is just me i know, i don't want to get obsessive about it all that's all. As long as i am on plan most of the time i am happy, i think i will cope better at target with this attitude, i'm teaching myself not to be such a perfectionist!

I I refuse to fret about syns and sit working it out, this is just me i know, i don't want to get obsessive about it all that's all.

I completely agree with this! Just its my first week actually with my head in gear and im trying to start a new pattern for life. Just wanting to know I've not totally blown it - my rational head says i havent but a nice loss this week would really be nice :D

Thanks for encouraging my rational side ;) sometimes its needed! x

No worries! And to be fair i was the same as you in my first week ;) I am sure you will see a super duper loss!

I agree too, Slimming World is just a way of doing stuff. If you are going out for a meal its about choosing the better choices. Say you look at the menu and there are 3 you fancy but you know there is another (the vegi choice in your example) has the least syns but its not really doing anything for you

Then for me, i would be picking the best choice of the 3 i quite fancy. I wouldnt want to spend money on a meal and pick the choice i dont really fancy just because you are dieting. I night not pick a desert but then again, I might do but just go for something a bit lighter than my usual choice.

You just need to think what you would have picked prior to slimming world.

i love eating out but if i go with friends who are not dieting i always wish i could have the same as them. i think it will be better now there is EE as it was a bit of a struggle finding something enjoyable just doing red and green.

i love eating out but if i go with friends who are not dieting i always wish i could have the same as them. i think it will be better now there is EE as it was a bit of a struggle finding something enjoyable just doing red and green.

I have found that doing EE makes eating out much easier. It opens up more choices plus don't be hard on yourself when you do have some a little more indulgent, everyone deserves a treat at times :)

Back