Double Chin Trouble!

lesage

Hello Everyone,
I am wondering if anyone might have some ideas to help me with an embarrassing problem. I have noticed that as I am losing weight, my double chin is changing into a lump of hanging skin! I have been slapping on "Ultra-Lift" by L'Oreal, but it really isn't making any difference. I have also increased my water in-take, in the hope that this too might help, but it's still hanging!! I think it may possibly be due to my age (43).
I am really worried as to date I have gone from 18st 4lb to 14st 9lb, but my target is 8 1/2 to 9st. If it is this bad now, what on earth will it look like once I am at target? I really would be very grateful of any advice.
Thank you. :mad:

I think it may possibly be due to my age (43).

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: age 43 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

LOL I don't know what to suggest - can't say I've ever really noticed any problem in that area - although I do have overhanging tummy flap :eek: :cry: :sigh: :sigh: :cry: :eek:

Hopefully someone else will give you some advice.

Try putting the Ultra Lift Eye cream under your chin before you use the face one on your neck. This tip was given by a therapist who does botox etc. I find it really works

Hope it helps

PS I am nearly 63 and no I havent tried botox

Last edited:
Thanks for responding Beverley and Redpam. I will give the eye cream a go - anything is worth a try. I realise that after losing all this weight, I will no doubt have problem areas that may possibly only be recitified by surgery (which I don't know that I will be able to afford), I accept that, although I hoped that my face would just correct itself!!
Still, I know that I should be focusing on all the postive aspects of losing weight, (which there are so many) rather than the negative.
Thanks once again,

Sally - just looked at your blog under your signature - and you are doing soooo well! And looked at the photos and was very impressed! Keep it up you are looking great!

Hi Sally, Dont forget your skin may need time to adjust too, I am only 32 and have a teeny little bit of loose skin under my chin but it is getting better, (more than i can say for my Kangaroo Pouch belly lol!) They say it takes 2 months for every stone you lost for your skin to catch up x

at 43 i think your skin will adjust to your weight loss but as Vicky said it will take longer than it would for someone in their 20s or 30s.
my mum has the dreaded 'turkey neck' and she has never been overweight but she did damage her skin from too much sun which i think has ruined it's elasticity.
try not to focus too much on your chin and look at all the improvements you are making all over your body ;)

Cheers ladies for your comments, which were quite reassuring, especially finding out about the skin reacting to weight loss (so there is hope!!).

Back