Double down day

alottolose said:
Well done on the controlled up :) that's the next thing I need to master! x

I'm not sure they're that good to be honest. I did two controlled ups last wk and they have made me feel quite deprived, I know the point of Juddd is not to feel like that. I've got a deadline looming tho and really wanted to have made a big dent before then. When I get back I'm determined to have more relaxed ups x

I'll give it a try, will report my findings :) - although so far I've been rubbish at limiting myself on up days...so try is all I can do :eek::) x

I am doing double mon/tues this week. Although did not start well into monday night due to work. But not eating till wednesday so still a long down time x

Well, in spite of my insistence that I wasn't going to do any DDDs ths week, I find myself on the morning of a second DD in a row! I am at a conference on Wednesday at a very nice hotel where there will be seriously nice food. To do a DD on Weds would be madness, so I'm doing a DDD Mon and Tues but then I'll do just one other DD this week, I think - probably Friday.

Yesterday's DD felt great. Not long til Weds morning now! My usual DD plan is tea and coffee through the day with homemade soup at dinner time. I have emergency cup a soups at work if I'm desperate but usually manage without.

Good luck everyone doing doubles this week.

Good luck Allison and good luck mishap you can do it x I was going to do doubles this week but due to my successful weigh in this morning and needing thurs as an UP I am not now doing doubles but my regular MWF DD pattern. I managed to lose all of my 4lb weekend gain by this morning so back to my official weight so no need to make things more difficult than they need be, I may well sts this week or maybe the shake up in routine will shake things up but I will be happy with a sts . Not sure about next week as its my Birthday on mon but I think I will need to get a few DD in somewhere so very likely I will be doing at least 1 set next week. Good luck girls will be back to see how you get on x

Good luck Allison and good luck mishap you can do it x I was going to do doubles this week but due to my successful weigh in this morning and needing thurs as an UP I am not now doing doubles but my regular MWF DD pattern. I managed to lose all of my 4lb weekend gain by this morning so back to my official weight so no need to make things more difficult than they need be, I may well sts this week or maybe the shake up in routine will shake things up but I will be happy with a sts . Not sure about next week as its my Birthday on mon but I think I will need to get a few DD in somewhere so very likely I will be doing at least 1 set next week. Good luck girls will be back to see how you get on x

Thanks, Jo! I think you're very wise to limit the DDDs to the times when you really need it. I'm only doing a DDD this week as I *really* want Weds to be an UD. Like you say, when you can keep losing on a 3 DD pattern then keep going. Keep the DDDs in your armoury for when you want to shake things up a bit.

Anyway, I made it - phew! I wanted Weds as an UD and to have 3 DDs this week, so it was a good plan for me to get a DDD out of the way as soon as. Today was OK. Had a cup a soup at lunch, then my usual homemade soup, fruit and fromage frais. DD was made all the more challenging by watching the Great British Bake Off but kept going with thoughts of food tomorrow!

So, just one more DD for me this week - haven't decided whether to do that on Thursday or Friday yet.

T2G - how was your DDD?

MissHapp said:
Thanks, Jo! I think you're very wise to limit the DDDs to the times when you really need it. I'm only doing a DDD this week as I *really* want Weds to be an UD. Like you say, when you can keep losing on a 3 DD pattern then keep going. Keep the DDDs in your armoury for when you want to shake things up a bit.

Anyway, I made it - phew! I wanted Weds as an UD and to have 3 DDs this week, so it was a good plan for me to get a DDD out of the way as soon as. Today was OK. Had a cup a soup at lunch, then my usual homemade soup, fruit and fromage frais. DD was made all the more challenging by watching the Great British Bake Off but kept going with thoughts of food tomorrow!

So, just one more DD for me this week - haven't decided whether to do that on Thursday or Friday yet.

T2G - how was your DDD?

Well done to you :) that's amazing! I've changed me days. Sil a bit depressed and she brought cake. Not her fault but mine. Downing tomorrow and Thursday. Gonna treat it like I'm vlcd as it seems the only way I can down. Weird. X

I'm skipping the DDDs this week as I've been sick with flu since Saturday. Feeling better today, so starting back with DD and will just do today and Friday as DDs this week. Next week I'll do a double on Monday and Tuesday as going away on wednesday... I'll be happy now if I just don't gain by the end of this month as it's not really gone as planned thanks to the flu!

This is my first down day since Friday and its my first of two. Weight up a shocking 8lbs! Lol but that's cos I was messing about with vlcd again. Really hoping to drop 3lbs these two down days to finish week as 191... That wud b amazing

I know its hard but the few that have gone back to vlcd because they weren't seeing the results have come back , they really aren't the longterm answer esp if you only do a week or so at a time :( Alex came back froma brief week on CD and did doubles and lost 3lbs , so you can do it , once you have no 1 under your belt no 2 is easier as you have that "I can eat tommorow mentality" and a srunken stomach from the 1st DD so you can do it, good luck x

bajoleth said:
I know its hard but the few that have gone back to vlcd because they weren't seeing the results have come back , they really aren't the longterm answer esp if you only do a week or so at a time :( Alex came back froma brief week on CD and did doubles and lost 3lbs , so you can do it , once you have no 1 under your belt no 2 is easier as you have that "I can eat tommorow mentality" and a srunken stomach from the 1st DD so you can do it, good luck x

Completely agree x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Bless you for your support Jo :) xx

Today is the start of my second lot of doubles this week :) so far I've had 12 cals trying to avoid the hunger demon again :eek::) x

bajoleth said:

I can confirm that two lots of DDDs is MUCH better than permanent vlcd!!! At least I get to eat 3 days a week and even on DDs I choose what I eat rather than yucky shakes :) xx

yoga84 said:
I can confirm that two lots of DDDs is MUCH better than permanent vlcd!!! At least I get to eat 3 days a week and even on DDs I choose what I eat rather than yucky shakes :) xx

Agree agree agree agree! And agree a bit more xx

Hi everyone, so I have planned DDD today and tomorrow and I am very excited. I have all my food planned and bought and even with that I have 100 - 150 cals left each day in case I get hungry.

My problem at the moment is I try but fail to control UP. Yesterday I had my whole day planned and it went wrong after dinner because I had some ice cream, I think I ended up eating about 2500 cals but had planned 1900.

I find DD a lot easier then UP days because I am in control.....

So day one on DDD here I come :D

Good luck Amy, use your cals is my best advice, I allow myself 600 if I am doing a double rarely use them but will often go to 550 if I need a little something before bed, so make sure you get your cals in hun x

I am thinking of doing doubles in about a months time, mostly cause it means I can shift my days to work with my commitments that week. Normally I do 24 hr fasts, 3 x a week, starting at 5pm on sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.

But I have plans on that Tuesday night! (20th nov)

So thinking of doing

Sunday 5pm - Tuesday 5pm (48hrs) and Wednesday 5pm to Friday 5pm (48 hrs) as fasts

So my single up day in the week will be the Tuesday night, Wednesday breakfast and lunch :)

Thinking of fully fasting but don't know if I'd cope!!

I'll probably do it once and never again lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi everyone, so I have planned DDD today and tomorrow and I am very excited. I have all my food planned and bought and even with that I have 100 - 150 cals left each day in case I get hungry.

My problem at the moment is I try but fail to control UP. Yesterday I had my whole day planned and it went wrong after dinner because I had some ice cream, I think I ended up eating about 2500 cals but had planned 1900.

I find DD a lot easier then UP days because I am in control.....

So day one on DDD here I come :D

I would say don't worry too much about going over on your UDs, it doesn't seem to have a detrimental effect to overall weekly weighloss as long as you do good DDs, especially if you do doubles! As you get in to it more, you're stomach will shrink and it physically hurts then to overeat. :D

I am thinking of doing doubles in about a months time, mostly cause it means I can shift my days to work with my commitments that week. Normally I do 24 hr fasts, 3 x a week, starting at 5pm on sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.

But I have plans on that Tuesday night! (20th nov)

So thinking of doing

Sunday 5pm - Tuesday 5pm (48hrs) and Wednesday 5pm to Friday 5pm (48 hrs) as fasts

So my single up day in the week will be the Tuesday night, Wednesday breakfast and lunch :)

Thinking of fully fasting but don't know if I'd cope!!

I'll probably do it once and never again lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Hann I know you don't eat on your fast days mainly because a large part of them are overnight but doubles you need the cals to get you through, your body needs something to work with, you will also need to make sure your uuu is a proper uuu no short measures as it won't benefit you at all if you scrimp on your UP day in the middle of your double downs, I hope that makes sense. I am doing a normal week thius week as in DD M,W,F and I honestly feel like I am eating non stop lol x

Back