downside/ adverse effects of JUDDD?

MrsPayne212

Gold Member
Just started the diet and had my down day and didnt find it too difficult personally. Been lookinng in the net and couldnt really find anything to tell me, but does anyone know any downsides to doing JUDDD? ive read the book and obviously someone isnt going to tell you things like that when they are trying to convice you lol. Thanks for any help :)

Funnily enough I was browsing another forum with a Juddd section last night and found all this info about the magic effect of this diet, reduced inflamation witjin the body (artritis,hayfever, asthma sufferers benefit from this) peoples acne clearing up. BP 's being lowered, skin conditions such as excema and psoriasis improving. These benefits were especially noticeable from about 6 weeks into the diet . In the book Dr J mentions a slow down of weight loss around 8-10 weeks, however the members of this forum appeared to have the opposite effect and an increased gain was common without any change in their usual Juddd routine. Of course all this 'evidence' is anecdotal but interesting all the same.
I think the only Downside I can find is the actual DD 's themselves and even those become increasingly easier ! A lot of the 'symptoms' regarding appetite some of us are experiencing, i.e diminished appetite is also a common symptom among their members too.
After more members of our little forum have been doing judd for about the 8 week mark perhaps we could compile a list of any improvements or indeed downsides that we have experienced :)

This is an excellent thread - i totally advise newbies to read and be prepared because the early days can have sone tricky spots!

In the beginning I struggled to find the energy to exercise, felt lightheaded on first dd.

I also felt weird on first few UDs - kind of drained.

Temptation to eat cr*p on UD to begin with. I haven't struggled with a temptation to binge on UDs but know some have.

Trying to push myself too hard too early - on third dd day I tried to fast until 6pm - it ended up being an IM (bit of a mini binge in eve coz I was so hungry). Better to eat a little bit when you're hungry. I can now easily fast until lunchtime, and will build up from there (you don't need to do this but I believe in the health benefits of the occasional 24 hr fast 6pm-6pm)

Otherwise none, as long as you treat it flexibly. I think if you're too rigid this could be a nightmare (you know, oh no I've eaten 505 cals instead of 500...might as well give up... - we've all been there!!!)

It truly is an amazing, flexible, liveable diet. I feel lucky to have discovered it - weirdly at a time when it was becoming popular again.

Downside- you don't enjoy your Saturday night takeaway because you've no appetite!! I have never not had a craving for what to eat tonight!!

17 lost : 50 to goal

Any one feel light headed and a little off on their first up day? Or have trouble sleeping?

Did you eat high sugar/carbs? Sometimes I would have got this if I'd binged on auger/carbs when I was on vlcd, I don't get it on juddd tho

17 lost : 50 to goal

I had baked potatoes but tbh i didnt really eat anything too bad. It felt more like hunger but i had just eaten which is weird

I feel thick headed on up days. Not sure why. I'm guessing i need to increase my water even more on an up day to compensate?

gentoo/aptenny

defo been had more trouble getting to sleep...I find I can stay up a lot later.

MrsPayne212 said:
Any one feel light headed and a little off on their first up day? Or have trouble sleeping?

Oh wow that's me. Today is my first DD and I feel a bit 'weird'. I'm not sure if it's the circuit training class I did this morning but I'm deffo a bit light headed and out or sorts. It's deffo an early night tonight. I can't wait for tomorrow :-(

The exercise was probably too much especially for your first DD, if possible exercise on your UP days, however some do exercise on their DD's but when you are used to the DD's would be more sensible, enjoy your UP day tomorrow, welcome by the way x

bajoleth said:
The exercise was probably too much especially for your first DD, if possible exercise on your UP days, however some do exercise on their DD's but when you are used to the DD's would be more sensible, enjoy your UP day tomorrow, welcome by the way x

Thanks I think you're right but I really didn't want to miss my class today :-(. I generally do a spin class on Friday but because its another DD I think I'll give it a miss this week.

Awww thats a shame for you to miss it if its a set class, you could try eating before you got to class a little porridge or something so you are not exercising on empty IYSWIM, if that doesn't work then you will know exercising and a DD don't mix for now x

I have a similar problem with exercise because I place. Badminton on a Monday and Netball on a Wednesday and Thursday. They are clubs on a fixed day that I don't want to miss Monday and Wednesday. Thursday is a league match and there is only 3 weeks left of the summer league but again it's on a fixed day.
I haven't felt and adverse effects of playing on a DD, in fact being out the house keeps me away from food temptations and I never feel very hungry once I've finished
X

Back