Downside to cd!!

Emma-x

Hey everyone
ive discovered the downside to cd-prob the only one but im really struggling!
i've only lost 24lbs so maybe im expecting too much too soon but i really cannot see any difference in myself at all!
i look in the mirror and i see the same fat blob that i was before, i feel like im doing all this work and im not seeing anything!!
does anyone else feel this way?
im hoping il get over this bit soon-i dont like it one bit!!

Hiya hunni

Firstly WELL DONE for loosing allllllll that weight already!

So so many people say the same as you, me being one of them, my mums the same - she said to me it will take something like a photograph or catching yourself in a shop window for you to say "my god is that me!?"

Hang in there your moment will come!!

Everyones telling me how much iv lost and I'm like er yeah where from?!

We will get there sweet xxx

Emma, you are doing really well - congratulations.

I think Lauren is so right - it takes a while for us to see what's there rather what we have seen for years and years.

Are you measuring yourself? Makes a difference as you can really tell that you are getting thinner. And your clothes must be getting looser...?

Hi hon

Are you sure it's a downside of CD itself or is it your mind and your self-esteem? 24lbs WILL have made a difference to your physical size you but you have to allow yourself to "see" it. Have you taken measurements as you've gone along to show there is a difference (I have a chart in the kitchen with waist, bust, hips, neck, upper arm, thigh, calf and ring finger!!) and even if I don't lose in one area one week I usually lose else where. But if you have an imprint stuck firmly in your mind of what you look like that is what you will "see". I'd suggest you google some positive self esteem exercises and start trying some of them out honey.

Take care.

I started six weeks ago and was exactly the same weight as you! I was 19stone4and a half, I am now 17stone12 at this weeks (week 6) weigh, I am tho doing 810 but I took measurements to start with, I was a 50E bra and now I am 46F I have lost 3inchs of the boobage area and 4inches off my hips :) I am looking to going down into a smaller pair of jeans and my belt, well I have moved 4 holes inward lol, only one hole left and I will have to buy a new belt to go with my smaller jeans :) Its all good, i think had I not taken measurement i may not have seen a difference but I do feel a heap lot slimmer and now only three inches off my xmas party dress!

i encourage you to take pics. I dont look any different when I look in a mirror but if you look here, you can see the difference and Ive only lost a stone!

losing 2stone and you have definatly lost it from somewhere!!!!!!

Well done you, 24 pounds is amazing, thats how much i've lost too and i'm so pleased!!
I have a long way to go but 2 stone is heavy and I feel alot better for losing it!!
Don't give up you are doing so well!!

Even if you can't see any difference I am sure you would look a bit different. Could you ask a trusted someone who hasn't seen you in a while?? I am sure they would notice even if you didn't mention it.
I don't notice my weightloss but when I look at old pics I can see it a bit.

Regardless of how you look are you feeling any better healthwise??

Keep going it will be worth it!!!!

I lost nearly 5 stone last year on CD and I really couldn't see a difference, you need someone to take a photograph of you to see it and then you WILL notice a difference... occasionally when I sat with my legs crossed and my arms across my knees I did notice where I was thinner and obviously I fitted into much smaller clothes, although when buying clothes I always took clothes that were too big for me into the changing rooms as I couldn't believe I was that small!!

hi there

you are doing great, do not be heard on yourself , when I lost a before (I was a touch heavier than you to start) I didn't really notice and neither did others until teh 3 stone mark, - BUT looking naked in a mirror (when I was brave enough!) I COULD see a definate difference after about a stone!
Keep up the good work, it will be so worth it xx

Well firstly thanks so much for all these replies, im feeling a bit overwhelmed lol-
I have measured myself and iv lost 15 inches all over so i no its deffo going, i think its just my head really not accepting or seeing it!!
yes i definately have self esteem and confidence issues all to do with my weight, i have taken a photo and i have one from my birthday in may which i hate- but i can honestly say i see no difference..
as for the clothes im kind of in no mans land right now, my clothes were so big to start with iv not gone down a size yet, i think as one of you said maybe i need to lose 3 stone before i see it!!

post the photos and let us decide xxxx

I've just about to go down to a size 20 jeans, my 22's are very very loose now, will probo be two weeks, also ordered a new next belt, the one I have is a size 22 and has one hole left, I've gone for a size 20 belt.

I couldn't see a difference in myself either so I posted pics up on here and got other peoples opinions.

I made sure I put up pics at the beginning and each stone mark and will continue to do so until I get to goal.

I bet it does show. Sometimes I think we are too hard on ourselves.

Charlie xx

im not sure if im brave enough for photos, i also dont think i could work out how to put them up- il see lol!!

Back