Dr advised me to do sw and orlistat? Anyone else?

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
Dr has advised me to do sw for two weeks see how I get on and then will put me on orlistat.
Has anyone done this before and does it help with weight loss? X

Not me no, but I remember someone else posted about this and the dr had told them there wasn't much point to doing both SW and Orlistat. Orlistat works by helping you expel fat you eat (with nasty results if you eat too much fat!), and SW is already a low-fat diet.

Dr has advised me to do sw for two weeks see how I get on and then will put me on orlistat. Has anyone done this before and does it help with weight loss? X

He'll be seeing if you can just lose weight with an eating plan rather than put you straight on Orlistat. I'd recommend giving SW a good go because with Orlistat you tend to think you can eat things you shouldn't because it'll get rid of the fat (which can have some unpleasant side effects) and you lose motivation for the plan.
You can do both, but there's so little fat in a SW plan that it's hardly worth taking a pill for and SW works really well on its own if you stick to it. Good luck! :)

Back