Attack Dr onken fat free vanilla yogurt

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by Emmajoyce, 23 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Emmajoyce

Emmajoyce Will be a skinny mini!

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.4%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i wanted to add some yogurt into my daily routine does anybody know if the Dr onken vanilla fat free yogurt is ok to have? I really hate the muller ones :-(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Emmma

Emmma grammar police

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(28.21%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    There are probably added sugars in that one which would make it no good. We have several threads on here which discuss the merits of various yogurts. They might have dropped off the first page but have a look around for them.

4. Emmma

Emmma grammar police

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(28.21%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
  5. louschu

louschu Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(20.73%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan - Stabilization
    I use the onken fat free natural yoghurt, add a few drops of vanilla flavouring and some splenda and you have a lovely vanilla yoghurt with no sugar

6. soshbfly

soshbfly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.8lb(10.05%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World since 25 April 16
    I also started making my own when I saw how much sugar was in the Onken ones... I think its like the 3rd ingredient listed?

7. Topaz63

Topaz63 Gone a bit quiet

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Made me go and look at my natural Yeo FatFree. It has 8% sugars, with explanation: 'this product contains only naturally occurring milk sugars (lactose)'

8. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    The Onken is definitely out - all milk products have lactose (milk sugars) which can't be avoided, but the Onken has added fructose (fruit sugar) - which is one of the sugars which is most easily digested, and so causes a spike of blood sugar and insulin when you eat it.

The result a.) you come out of ketosis because the body will always use the blood sugar before it uses fat b.) any sugar it doesn't use will be stored as glycogen and water, ie - fat, c.) the blood sugar rush will be followed by a low, and you will feel ravenously hungry.

As a rule of thumb - be really suspicious of any product that describes itself as "Low fat" or "Fat Free" - because they are often loaded with starches and sugars to make up for the fat removed.

9. Emmajoyce

Emmajoyce Will be a skinny mini!

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.4%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    thats great thanks guys, i think i will just avoid the yogarts for now that way it wont stall any loss :)

10. Topaz63

Topaz63 Gone a bit quiet

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Good idea to check the action of lactose, as it has some good functions for dieters, hence the amount of dairy in Dukan. As long as there are no added sugars, all the dairy we r on will have approx 8%. and yogurt has healthy bacteria in too that assists the dreaded binding, promotes functions of good intestinal bacteria.
    Up to u of course, but I think you should just get a better brand or make your own.

11. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Don't avoid the natural sugars in milk entirely - they actually have a beneficial effect. They combine with fats in the gut into a sort of soapy substance, which makes the fat move through and out more quickly.

Just stick within the dairy limits set by the diet, and treat flavoured yogurts - even mullerlights - as special treats rather than daily staples.

The sugars to avoid above all other are fructose (fruit sugar), HFC (High fructose cornsyrup) glucose/dextrose (usually made from starches) and sucrose (table sugar).

12. Topaz63

Topaz63 Gone a bit quiet

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Quark and cottage cheese have less lactose proportionately than milk because much of it comes out in the whey. But then yog has those good bacilli.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.