Dragging my feet for way too long

varrowsmith

Thought i'd write myself this in the hope it gives me the kick up the bum i need.

I have really been doing slimming world for just over 2 years and reach my first target of 2 stones off in just over 10 months but on the day i reached my target i found out i was expecting my daughter, that was april last year. I carried on attending my group as i found it helped me manage my pregnancy weight and in all i put on 3 stones, 1 of which came off the week after my c-section in january this year. i thought i would be fine carrying on after having my daughter but it was like i got stuck in a rut and couldn't see anyway out so i took 3 weeks off in april this year and rejoined my group in may but i still seem to be losing the plot, i would have really good weeks and put a pound on, i was so down on myself and couldn't see why this was happening, i tried to talk to my consultant but she herself was heavily pregnant and really had no answer so i asked some group members and looking back to 2 years ago when i was losing 1 and half pound a week and hardly putting it on, it seemed that i needed to have the syns where as i had been cutting them right down thinking i would lose more weight. My consultant suggested i try out the fast forward but i wasnt sure as a friend of mine had done this and she looked really ill on it. I have just been away to Devon for 2 weeks and when i weighed in on wednesday i'd actually lost 1 and half pound yet i'd eat what i wanted but done loads of walking (i do walk most days anyway) and that takes my slimming world adventure to this week, im hoping there are other women out there like me, i love doing slimming world but im just having a hard time.

Well done on losing 1.5lb on holiday :) I have no words of wisdom for you as only started SW a few weeks back. I am sure others with alot more experience will be able to give more constructive advise.

Hi honey,
Just hang in there!
S w isn't "just" a diet, it's an eating plan for life. You will find in your journey that everyone is different, lose at different levels, and we all have up and down days or weeks.
You can't compare yourself to other people.
So, don't beat yourself up! (sorry for ramblng!)
Rosie

Back