Dragonboat World Club Championships

Discussion in 'CD Weight Loss Diaries' started by StarArtois, 4 April 2010 Social URL.

1. StarArtois

StarArtois New Member

I am currently:
    40 years old
    215 pounds
    5'1"
    Training for dragon boat competitions.

Am heavier than the next heaviest person on the team by - wait for it - around 35 pounds (she trains for a weightlifting team as well as dragon boat, so she is pure muscle)

It is harder for me to go to practice each week than I would care to admit, stand there in tight paddle clothes and look at the suntanned bikini clad shapes of the other team members. Luckily I am strong, but I know the captain would appreciate a few extra pounds off the boat! This is my fifth season and I have gained around 30pds since I started. What the? everyone else looses weight doing this sport.

Have decided to start Cambridge, as we go to a world championship (club) in four months and I do not want to waddle into the boat at this size.

I have spent the last week cutting out carbs and alcohol - this is also harder for me to do than I care to admit! Much of the dragon boat team is about the social time, and I am one hell of a social director - but that also means mucho vino. I did sneak a fish finger tonight, and two small chocolates.

Starting VLCD sole source tomorrow. Need a tonne of support to get a trim, slim me to the world club champs. (I am stoked to be in a qualifying team for a world club championship at my age/weight) My before picture to the counsellor is me in my paddle shirt.

Elizabeth

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Elizabeth and welcome to the forum xx

Many congratulations on what you and your team have achieved xx

4. Madferret

Madferret Mad as a Hatter

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Welcome to CD and to the forum

Hope that you are coping well with the plan and are feeling motivated

You should be in ketosis now and it should be starting to get easier... is this the case ?

T
    x

5. lyndzi76

lyndzi76 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.95%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hope you enjoy it and it works for you xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.