Dragonboat World Club Championships

StarArtois

I am currently:
40 years old
215 pounds
5'1"
Training for dragon boat competitions.

Am heavier than the next heaviest person on the team by - wait for it - around 35 pounds (she trains for a weightlifting team as well as dragon boat, so she is pure muscle)

It is harder for me to go to practice each week than I would care to admit, stand there in tight paddle clothes and look at the suntanned bikini clad shapes of the other team members. Luckily I am strong, but I know the captain would appreciate a few extra pounds off the boat! This is my fifth season and I have gained around 30pds since I started. What the? everyone else looses weight doing this sport.

Have decided to start Cambridge, as we go to a world championship (club) in four months and I do not want to waddle into the boat at this size.

I have spent the last week cutting out carbs and alcohol - this is also harder for me to do than I care to admit! Much of the dragon boat team is about the social time, and I am one hell of a social director - but that also means mucho vino. I did sneak a fish finger tonight, and two small chocolates.

Starting VLCD sole source tomorrow. Need a tonne of support to get a trim, slim me to the world club champs. (I am stoked to be in a qualifying team for a world club championship at my age/weight) My before picture to the counsellor is me in my paddle shirt.

Elizabeth

Hope you enjoy it and it works for you xx

Back