Drastic weight loss needed! - 5 months to save my life

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sarahjaggs, 22 May 2014.

1. sarahjaggs

sarahjaggs New Member

I'm new to the site and just wanted to say a quick hi to other users and also to just try explain the situation I'm in with my weight in a bid this would spark other peoples interests!

So I'm 26 years old, always struggled with my weight (same old story here) but back in July 2012 I joined SW after failing on Cambridge. To give some context, I was 127kg and was happy to say that I got down to 92kg. I did this by staying on plan, but mainly by absolutely smashing the gym and swimming 1+ miles per day. Then I met the man of my dreams and fell in love! Grrr

So 12 months on, I find myself engaged to be married, having had 12 months of weekends away, holidays, meals out, snuggles and chocolate on the sofa, generally just not giving a damn. Oh, and Im 133.8kg!I'm so disgusted in myself for letting this happen!

So I don't need to say that at 5ft 7, I have a serious serious problem! I've had attempts over the last 6 months to get back on track but to no avail. It also doesn't help that my job requires lots of travel which is also difficult for me.

Anyway, I was referred to a weight management clinic as I have slightly high blood pressure. This was about 8 weeks ago, in that time, I have lost, gained and now I have averaged out at the same. And it's fair to say I just feel totally utterly depressed, worried and anxious about my weight. So so down and out about it. I have PCOS which obviously causes all types of problems but i've found the symptoms are uncontrollable right now.

All may sound like excuses, so... what am I to do!!! Well, SW diet worked for me. The 'IMAGE therapy' did not! I do not find the meetings useful. So I have decided to team the SW diet with my weight management sessions which offers a 30min 121 consultation where you are weighed and support offered. In addition, I have my DW sports gym membership so will be putting a high intensity program together which starts from scratch and builds up my stamina.

Now this is the biggy.. the goals... this may seem unreachable to some people but I am so depressed about things drastic action needs to be taken. My first goal is 10% (slightly short of 30lbs) and I would like to loose this by end of August.

Would be great to hear of any stories of real, fast big weight loss or of anyone who has a similar weight goal in mind.

Thanks to all, wish me luck!

2. mummy23tinkers

mummy23tinkers New Member

I'm new here too and in pretty much the same place as you right now. I am 35, have three beautiful boys 11, 6, and 4 and live with my best friend and fiancé AB. I am 5'11" and currently weigh 20st, crazy. I too have tried over the years to lose the weight with loses and gains like yourself. I decided to give slimming world a go a week ago and I have to say at the moment it is fantastic. I have lost 5lbs in the first weigh in (Istarted at 20st5lbs). I love cooking and have always cooked from scratch so that side of the plan doesn't phase me. Portion control is my downfall, and indeed how I have come to be so overweight, so I have fond the 1/3 superfree method as almost a light bulb moment. My goal id to be 11st or there abouts, to be fit and healthy. I know what I need to do, it's just about doing it. Like yourself I am doing the plan myself from home, mainly because I can't condone paying 4.95 a week to be told how I'm doing. I am also hoping to lose 10% by August, its about 2.33 lbs a week, I think at our size it is achievable.
    Good luck
  3. sarahjaggs

sarahjaggs New Member

Hey! Thanks for the response.. I hear everything your saying and it's difficult to accept that things have got so out of control for me! Well done on your 5lb weigh in! Go you! I started back on SW today- so my weigh in will be next thursday evening now! You've done the hardest part which is the first week and I'd love to follow your progress along to 10%. WE CAN DO IT xx