Dreading taking my baby for his first jabs today...

Als71

He's woke up all chirpy and chatty and i feel sooo mean knowing i'm taking him to some nasty man to stick a big needle in him :cry:. Can anyone offer any tips or reassurance?

Just stay relaxed and your baby will be too.
You are not mean and he is not some nasty man - you are doing the best for your baby and if you didn't take him then the outcome could be so much worse. This will be over in seconds and then he'll be chirpy again.
Honestly, not feel bad or stressed because he will pick up on it.
You'll both be fine xx

Relax !!! The needles used today are so fine your baby will hardly feel a thing.

If you are anything like me you will cry more than him.

Take comfort in the fact that you are being a good, loving, responsible parent.

Thanks guys, I know it's what's best for him - nasty man with a needle was more thinking of it from his perspective!

Hopefully like you say it'll be more traumatic for me than him and I'll try to make sure he doesn't pick up on my feelings - last thing I want to do is make it worse.

Think we'll walk there and back - its a good 30 mins. Maybe can clock up some body magic as consolation!

Thanks guys, I know it's what's best for him - nasty man with a needle was more thinking of it from his perspective!

Hopefully like you say it'll be more traumatic for me than him and I'll try to make sure he doesn't pick up on my feelings - last thing I want to do is make it worse.

Think we'll walk there and back - its a good 30 mins. Maybe can clock up some body magic as consolation!

Well done and very positive.

Mine didn't even flinch I was more bothered than he was!!, if he still has milk take some with you to calm him down and a sachet of calpol.. lots of hugs and kisses will do the trick ! xx

Thanks again... he cried like I've never heard him cry before (usually get nothing more than a winge when he's hungry. I almost cried myself! Was short lived tho and he seems back to his happy little self now. Still not looking forward to next months tho!

ah, he may get a little poorly or maybe just not so himself the next few weeks, but if its normal and if your lucky it wont bother him one bit and he'l be just fine :) Sounds like it went as well as it could have done.. its never nice is it?

ahh, im jelous you get to be a mummy.. i cant wait x

I'm jealous of how close to goal you are! I'm loving being a mummy - he's my first and is 9 weeks today. Take it you're planning on starting a family soon then?

I'm jealous of how close to goal you are! I'm loving being a mummy - he's my first and is 9 weeks today. Take it you're planning on starting a family soon then?

Nope, not for a long time yet :( if circumstances were different and i had it my way though... :sigh:

anyways..

dont be too jelous.. iv been to target and gained a few lbs back.. so life isnt all dandy my way lol xx

Back