Dreamfields Pasta a scam

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Jim, 27 May 2011.

1. Jim

Jim Big Boy

2. Leanne1

Leanne1 Well-Known Member

Really interesting Jim. Thanks for that. The blood sugar measurements are the American version but work out high!
  3. ClaireCat

ClaireCat On a mission for boobs!

Dreamfields pasta shall be getting introduced to the bin when I get home from work. Have never eaten any, and not going to now.
  4. ladyfelsham

ladyfelsham Clean green leafy machine

Thanks Jim

Never tried Dreamfields because I found it hard to see how they could create a low carb pasta - so more reasons to avoid! :)
  5. mustdoit

mustdoit susan

cheers me dears x
  6. LVLLM

LVLLM Well-Known Member

omg i was so close to doing my lcm order with this on. thankfully i changed my mind!
  7. Cinta

Cinta Well-Known Member

Thanks for that Jim...it explains why it triggers my IBS when I've tried. I gave it up when it did that!
  8. J2BLUE

J2BLUE Low Carber

Thanks Jim!

I've always been suspicious of that pasta. Most 'patent pending' products are crap it seems.

I'm also suspicious of Maltitol now which is a shame because i'd love a marshmallow mudslide Atkins bar!
  9. LVLLM

LVLLM Well-Known Member

bumpity bump bump bump x
  10. ditzeeblonde

ditzeeblonde Call me Linzi...

I have to say my blood sugars spike with normal pasta & my stomach bloats... with Dreamfields my sugars haven't spiked nor do I get the feeling of bloatedness. Am confused.com!
  11. LVLLM

LVLLM Well-Known Member

mm interesting....
  12. ditzeeblonde

As I'm not in ketosis I've had some for lunch & will see how my blood sugars are at regular intervals afterwards.... then I'll try the same after the same quantity of regular pasta... I'm intrigued. x
  13. LVLLM

LVLLM Well-Known Member

oh yes let us know. do you have a monitor?
  14. ditzeeblonde

15. Leanne1

Oh, are you diabetic too? Don't you find that Atkins is just perfect for good blood sugar numbers?
  16. ditzeeblonde

Yes Atkins is the only thing that has worked.

Bloods before 4.8
    Bloods 1/2 hour after 10.2 (usually only rises to about 6)
  17. Leanne1

Nice before number! It's nice to know that I'm not the only diabetic that thinks this WOE is amazing.
  18. ditzeeblonde

I'm usually always in the 4's these days now... infact I have to watch out for hypos rather than hypers these days. Are you on any meds?
  19. Leanne1

I'm type 1. I am insulin dependant. I'm using about half the insulin I was on before and my diabetes is more stable than it has ever been. Atkins is a diabetes success story. :)
  20. ditzeeblonde

Wow thats amazing... I was only diagnosed 2 weeks before I started this round of Atkins, I have PCOS too so have always felt better on this WoE.. I do find it bizarre how most diabetic suggested diets are so high in carbs!!