Dress Dilemma!

bekimo

Fighting Demons....
Ok, so here it is, I'm meant to be going to a party on New Years Eve, which is also for my birthday, and my best mates birthday. My friend who is hosting the party has told me today that this is going to be a 50's cocktail party! So I'm now with the question: do i buy a dress knowing that it is going to be too big for me in a couple of weeks?
024b_1.JPG

Oh, and the shoes too of course!

vanity-440_m.jpg

This could cost me a damn fortune!!

B x

I am damn sure you will knock them dead babe!

I think I'm going to have to get this dress. Eeek!

B x

OMG where is that dress from I soooo want it too!!!!! You have got to buy it cos it is ace. With the belt it may also be that you will still get some wear out of it after. I've got an expensive dress that has got too big and a waspie belt has really worked for letting me carry on wearing it.

I am serious you have gotta get that dress it is to die for! Shoes are lovely too x

Holy cow that's an incredible dress. Do you think it's going to sell out? I'm guessing they have a one month returns policy so can you buy two sizes now (or in a week or two's time) and then you can make a decision closer to the day. If not, go for the smaller one. I'm sure you'll get there :)

Love the shoes too.

Advise them when you buy the dress - that it is a gift for someone for Christmas, and one will need to be returned after.

Most shops (at least in the states?) wille xtend their return policy if the item is a gift that is not to be given for some time.

WOrth asking, then uyou could do as LS said and be sure to have the right dress.

I say YES! GET IT!!! :D Its fantastic!

Go on - you know you want to. And pics must be posted you know :)

Oh remember how I bought that pretty long dress? Now i've been told it is cocktail theme so the one I chose is a litttttle dressy but more annoying, I actually have a cute cocktail dress that I could have just had taken in a bit and saved some £££. Oh well - I'll just have to go with the blue one now.

Can you return the blue one as its nt been worn yet? (I know - whats the fun in that!? :D) but if moneys an issue?

Otherwise, you end up with TWO lovely dresses. Shame. :D

BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!!!!!

I'm not a very girlie girl - and I don't even own a dress - but that is stunning!

You will look amazing :D

xx

I WANT IT TOO!!!!! Its stunning! I want to see a pic of you in it for the party!

I guess that's unanimous then! The dress is from "Vivien of Holloway". They have sold out in their store, but I can get one for £70 off of their Ebay store. Just didn't really want to spend money on something that's not going to fit me for long! But hey, it's an occassion isn't it and I guess I can always get it taken in later!!

B x

it's a great dress. But I can see what your worry is about it not fitting in a few weeks. This losing weight is an expensive business!
You can always sell it on ebay if the shop won't take it back. I've made a fortune on there selling things I've only worn once or twice in my 'transition' phases!
LOVE the shoes too :)

Bek, after having a quick look at that dress, it should be a pretty simple alteration to take it in a size or 2 when you get to your goal! Hang on to it if you love it and as its special, and have it altered.

I intedn to do that with several items. I got rid of 90% of my wardrobe, but kept things that I either LOVE LOVE LOVED, or were sentimental, and I will have them taken in - is worth the cost if either of those criteria are met, for me anyway :)
Just an idea. :)

Ok, so here it is, I'm meant to be going to a party on New Years Eve, which is also for my birthday, and my best mates birthday. My friend who is hosting the party has told me today that this is going to be a 50's cocktail party! So I'm now with the question: do i buy a dress knowing that it is going to be too big for me in a couple of weeks?
024b_1.JPG

Oh, and the shoes too of course!

vanity-440_m.jpg

This could cost me a damn fortune!!

B x
wow4.gif

I think the dress and shoes are really georgeous and I look forward to seeing you in them!:party0011:

Love Mini xxx

oh my god...i LOVE that dress it is soooooooooooooooooo fab!! get it :) ya cant pass that stunning thing up!!

I love it too! In fact I have one almost identical in Leopard Print that I bought in a sale this year, should fit by Christmas! I want Red shoes, belt and corsage on mine now! Also bought another LP dress the other day in size 14 and it fits wooohooo, it's short, sleeveless and sassy! My wardrobe consists of black, denim, white and lp...must try another pattern/colour!

have you tried daddy-o's, its a retro 50's clothing site i just love, i go to alot of burlesque things so 50's style is my thing. sure you will look fab xx

GT, have you ordered much off the Daddy-O site? Is shipping expensive because obviously it's coming from the states?

They have some gorgeous stuff!!

B x

Bekimo!!! Sorry - I thought I'd commented on this thread yesterday but it doesn't appear to be here so I probably did something clever like not click 'Post' - idiot!! ANYWAY - that dress is absolutely stunning and you will look ace in it - what good taste you have :) xx

I've just come back from debenhams! And OMG, I was in dress heaven.

20080919_120010762708

This one, with a petticoat to make the skirt a little more poofy, would sooooo work!

Oh, I must stop looking at dresses! And shoes!!

Eeeek!

B x

Back