Dress Recommendation and help!

emmaleonie1984

Morning ladies, its my daughters christening next sunday and I dont know what to wear! I thought i had found a dress i liked in next yesterday but my sister politely pointed out it made me look fat. Lovely.

So what can you recommend (im a 18 at the mo) for someone who really doesnt like any of there body! Im going to buy some control pants to try and hold the mummy tummy in. I have a maxi dress in the wadrobe, its black and green but its floor length and i feel like i have to keep hitching it up so I dont want to feel uncomfortable. Should I just go for trousers and a top?

I dont want to look a fatty on my daughters special day, i wish i had tried harder at SW now.

Em x:eek:

Could you not take the maxi dress to a dressmaker and get it fitted to avoid any problems? What ever you wear have a lovely day.

It was nice of your sister to be able to give her honest opinion of what she thought. Do you both have time to go shopping before next week? If you really want to wear a dress take your sister with you & try on different styles, even ones you wouldn't think of wearing.

I love maxi dresses, they hide a multitude of syns!

The most important thing is that you feel comfortable in what you wear, and can spend the day in it without it causing you to feel awkward or uncomfortable.

And have a lovely day!!

Back