Drink or not Drink

ncwardle

I have my step daughters 21st birthday on saturday and last week I lost 7lbs, not sure yet what I have done this week as weigh in Tomorrow but do I risk drinking and maybe putting weight on. I get married on 21st October so I have to lose weight before then. Any advice please x

stick to shorts with a diet mixer if you want a drink less calories i avoid wine as always gain after drinking it i went out last friday and had rather alot of vodka but cut down my syns to 5 a day for rest off the week and i lost 5lbs. Although i wont be doing it every week :D

That is what syns are for surely?! Set yourself a limit for how many you want to use and stick to it

Yeah I know but I have been really good this week only had 1 glass of wine on Thursday with my wedding breakfast trial meal and I have weighed myself on my scales and have not lost any weight x

I would say don't weigh yourself between official weigh ins! (I assume you get weighed at a group?)
In terms of syns, have a flexi syn day, or realistically for 15 syns you can have a a fair amount of spirits (2.5 syns per 25ml)...
Have fun ;)

seriously, any weigh in other than you official one is a waste of time and completely meaningless- you could be +3lbs today and -7lbs tomorrow because that is what your body does

And 1 glass of wine is what, 6 of the 105 syns you get in a week! Clairebear is right you have two choices - flexi syn and accept you may not lose this week or give yourself a syn limit

But really- it is your daughter's 21st - a special occasion so enjoy it!

what would you do if you were not on SW? It's a big celebration, flexi syn all the way in my opinion!

I have a pint of diet coke no ice and then a single Rum, lasts much longer!

This will make ne sound like a real alchy but hey...

I dont drink unless I plan on getting tipsy.

I used to go out all the time and meet my mates in a pub for lunch or after work and I would have 2-3 pints, which doesn't affect me at all, do one day I just thought 'this is a waste of calories!'. Since then if I am only having a few with no intention of getting drunk then I just have pints of diet coke, cheaper and less guilty. However on a night out I still drink, just vodka and DC instead.

So yes I drink still, but not just for the sake of it, ask if the drink will enhance your night, if not, the why bother?if so the enjoy yourself once in a while :) x

Back