Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Drink or not Drink

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by ncwardle, 17 July 2011 Social URL.

1. ncwardle

ncwardle Member

I have my step daughters 21st birthday on saturday and last week I lost 7lbs, not sure yet what I have done this week as weigh in Tomorrow but do I risk drinking and maybe putting weight on. I get married on 21st October so I have to lose weight before then. Any advice please x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. natasha1974

natasha1974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7.5lb(17.62%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    stick to shorts with a diet mixer if you want a drink less calories i avoid wine as always gain after drinking it i went out last friday and had rather alot of vodka but cut down my syns to 5 a day for rest off the week and i lost 5lbs. Although i wont be doing it every week :D

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That is what syns are for surely?! Set yourself a limit for how many you want to use and stick to it

5. ncwardle

ncwardle Member

Yeah I know but I have been really good this week only had 1 glass of wine on Thursday with my wedding breakfast trial meal and I have weighed myself on my scales and have not lost any weight x

6. Clairebear1000

Clairebear1000 A determined Bear

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.63%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I would say don't weigh yourself between official weigh ins! (I assume you get weighed at a group?)
    In terms of syns, have a flexi syn day, or realistically for 15 syns you can have a a fair amount of spirits (2.5 syns per 25ml)...
    Have fun ;)

7. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    seriously, any weigh in other than you official one is a waste of time and completely meaningless- you could be +3lbs today and -7lbs tomorrow because that is what your body does

And 1 glass of wine is what, 6 of the 105 syns you get in a week! Clairebear is right you have two choices - flexi syn and accept you may not lose this week or give yourself a syn limit

But really- it is your daughter's 21st - a special occasion so enjoy it!

8. Diamond Daisy

Diamond Daisy Full Member

what would you do if you were not on SW? It's a big celebration, flexi syn all the way in my opinion!

9. Pumpkin*Patch

Pumpkin*Patch Full Member

I totally agree with this!! :D

10. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    She will only be 21 once if you would like to have a drink have a drink. Maybe try and make the better choices as mentioned by some but try and enjoy yourself.
    I started sw in sep 2009 my daughter was 18 April 2010. I gained about 4lbs that week but it came off again and didn't really affect the 9 stone odd I've lost altogether x

11. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have a pint of diet coke no ice and then a single Rum, lasts much longer!

12. BrightonMark

BrightonMark Trying... Really Trying.

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.56%)
    Diet:
    Atkins!
    This will make ne sound like a real alchy but hey...

I dont drink unless I plan on getting tipsy.

I used to go out all the time and meet my mates in a pub for lunch or after work and I would have 2-3 pints, which doesn't affect me at all, do one day I just thought 'this is a waste of calories!'. Since then if I am only having a few with no intention of getting drunk then I just have pints of diet coke, cheaper and less guilty. However on a night out I still drink, just vodka and DC instead.

So yes I drink still, but not just for the sake of it, ask if the drink will enhance your night, if not, the why bother?if so the enjoy yourself once in a while :) x

13. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Im the same to just have a couple seems a waste of syns! So tend to save it till am gonna go for it!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.