drinking more water........so hard

garymack

Ive been trying to drink as much water as possible to try and help with weight loss and general well being.........

Ive read up on all of the benefits and do feel alot better when drinking more water, but tbh I just dont like the taste and find it a struggle to get enough in during the day.....

Does anyone have any ideas or tricks to help drink more water or to make it more pleasant so it doesnt feel like im forcing it down

Personally I heat it up and mix it with coffee. ;) Seriously though, if you don't like water, which I don't, just drink something else - it's all hydration. Not saying you should down pints of beer, lol, but squash, milk, tea, coffee, it all counts! :)

I tend to drink a lot water but some tips:

Have it warm or cold

Slice cucumber or lemon in a jug which gives a slight taste

Buy a water bottle of some kind- can make you drink more (novelty) or knowing the volume will help.

Set yourself some targets for the day

I drink water only with few slices of lemon! It change taste greatly! Actually it gives water at least some taste;-)) So try it! I think this is a perfect solution!! Oh yes and of course water should be cold or hot.

I have the same problem, I just don't get as thirsty as everyone else! :S
I drink green tea, no calories and it can speed up your metabolism :) I use a tea cup too, so it's not a big huge mug or cup to down, just lots of little drinks throughout the day :)

you can Add Your Own Flavor and Always keep a water bottle in your bag
I always keep it close to me when I train or even when I watch TV :)

i used to really struggle with my water intake - but now i use one of the filter jugs and i keep the filtered water in the fridge - i didnt realise how bad my tap water tasted until i started drinking it filtered! - the coldness of the water also helps me - cant stand room temperature water!
Same here. The filter jug and cool temperature make a big difference! It's especially nice when the weather is sunny and hot.

I also like squeezing a bit of lemon or lime into my water for variety, sometimes. Most of the time I just have it plain, though. There are lots of recipes floating around online for fruit-infused water--that might help you, garymack. Or, if you like fruity herbal teas at all, you could make a pitcher full of that and chill it in the fridge.

The texture of water can feel a bit weird if you're used to fizzy drinks or juice, but you get used to it. I used to drink nothing but fizzy drinks and didn't care for water. Now I drink pretty much nothing but water, water with lemon/lime, and mint tea. And I actually like doing so. I just had to become accustomed to the change.

I have reminders set in my phone to prompt me to drink water throughout the day, which I've found immensely helpful as well. Without them, I simply forget all about it!

I'm ok with water as long as it's warm..I too find it tasty with a squeeze and a slice of lemon..I only allow myself a coffee if I have water first..by the time I've drank the water I don't fancy the coffee :)

Back