Drinking On Exante?

Just wondering what you can drink on Exante? can you just drink water? is it okay to have green tea? or orange juice?

Thanks

xx

black tea, black coffee, green tea, water, spring water, herbal (not fruity) teas, no squash, and definitely no orange juice! (it will have a fructose content).

Some of the other VLCD suppliers do compatible flavourings for water - I'm looking into investing in some.

IF you're desperate, the following are just about compatible with ketosis, anecdotally:- Coke Zero (although not diet coke), Perfectly Clear (only the strawberry and kiwi flavour) and Dr Pepper Zero, allegedly. Basically, diet fizzy pop without citric acid in. (Coke zero has phosphoric acid).

Although fizzy pop on a practically permanently empty stomach is not entirely recommended...

Phew
I thought you meant booze then :)

Lmfao well my mate is trying to get me to drink booze at hers in a couple weeks but i have told her im not but shes still gonna try make me :p so i have decided to get a old bottle of vodka and pour water in it problem solved haha :D

so green tea is okay then? :)

Lmfao well my mate is trying to get me to drink booze at hers in a couple weeks but i have told her im not but shes still gonna try make me :p so i have decided to get a old bottle of vodka and pour water in it problem solved haha :D

Unfortunately, if you did succumb, you would find yourself to be a *very* cheap date.

So actually, for the sake of your good standing and reputation (if, unlike me, you have one), it's probably best staying away from the booze at least in the short term. lol

But seriously, tell your friend it's actually not a good idea at all when not having much in the way of solids...

Unfortunately, if you did succumb, you would find yourself to be a *very* cheap date.

So actually, for the sake of your good standing and reputation (if, unlike me, you have one), it's probably best staying away from the booze at least in the short term. lol

But seriously, tell your friend it's actually not a good idea at all when not having much in the way of solids...

I deffo will not be going near the drink i can not handle my drink i always end up having a binge! (chippys) I lost 4 stone a few years ago and i had to stay away from the drink till i had got to my target weight so will be doing the same again :)

Thanks
xx

That's pretty scary
oh well the large bottle of baileys, vodka and 3 bottles of wine will have to stay secreted away(well, I have hidden them from view in a cardboard wine carrier under the table!)

IF you're desperate, the following are just about compatible with ketosis, anecdotally:- Coke Zero (although not diet coke), Perfectly Clear (only the strawberry and kiwi flavour) and Dr Pepper Zero, allegedly. Basically, diet fizzy pop without citric acid in. (Coke zero has phosphoric acid).

Although fizzy pop on a practically permanently empty stomach is not entirely recommended...

That is very interesting - never knew that and I have been on LT for months - I could have had other flavours than just plain water lol. I used to be a big Diet Coke fan and its interesting to know that Exante "allows" other types of drinks. Of course would not drink them in the quantities I used to but its nice to that there can be an occasional change of flavour and texture.

Well, I wouldn't go as far as 'allows' (it doesn't, but I'm a grown-up and make my own decisions!), but that is the limited list of drinks gleaned from other areas of the site that, anecdotally, don't interfere with a VLCD, whether it's exante or not.

Info shared in good faith, and with no promises :)

Of course :D and I guess "allows" is not really the right wording but I understand whats meant :D

Back