Drinking too much water?

Chunkeymonkey

I recently upped to about 6 litres a day. Sometimes its a struggle to get through if I dont spread it out equally. Does it help to drink more water for a better weight loss?

No it doesnt. 6 litres is far far more than you need, especially if youre struggling to drink it. You only need to drink around 3 litres on a VLCD

Monkey. Be careful of drinking too much water. I did LL a few years back and towards the end I was drinking 6-8 ltrs. a day. End result was my blood pressure plumeted.. I'm not sure why it causes it to do so but I was told by Dr. I had to cut back for my own health..

Somebody on here may know the reasoning behind it..

Monkey. Be careful of drinking too much water. I did LL a few years back and towards the end I was drinking 6-8 ltrs. a day. End result was my blood pressure plumeted.. I'm not sure why it causes it to do so but I was told by Dr. I had to cut back for my own health..

Somebody on here may know the reasoning behind it..

I have been drinking a lot (5l+) of water and funnily enough, I think my blood pressure's gone squiffy. Affects my head if I move too quickly etc - slight dizziness.

Problem is I am thirsty enough to drink all of my water intake daily, but I find I wake up BUSTING for the loo (to the point of pain). Reading this I'm going to have to try to curb it - but have drunk around 3l today already and am still thirsty... :(
I work shifts and am nights this week so it's probably more spaced than other days' intake, but worrying all the same.

Does anybody else find they're incredibly thirsty?? I don't want to harm myself.

Sauce x

Thanks guys. I think I drink a lot cause Im scared of the hunger pains if I dont! Plus it helps as I cant really stick to a schedule with my shakes!

Hiya - some days you do need more than 3 litres - we used to drink 4 on Lighter Life wih no ill effects. I get cramp if I drink less than 3. The last couple of hot days I've been drinking 4-5 litres of water without trying - I do do quite strenuous exercise, but I wouldn't drink any more than 5. I think the blood pressure thing is to do with an electrolyte imbalance because you've diluted the salts and minerals. But if you feel like you're forcing it down then slow it down unless you haven't had your minimum.

i drink 5-6 when i'm at work mainly cause when i'm just sitting there i'm sipping it all the time so i will have 4 ltrs at work and then the rest is when i fancy a drink.
i don't aim for that its just how it goes. doesn't make me feel ill but we are all different i guess.

Hi Ladies. I easily drink 4lts a day but as I said on LL that went up too 6-8lts and yes I got light headed to. I was told by a friend who's a nurse it's because your flushing your system to much and your body can't keep enough sodium in it (Have a goggle.You'd prob find something out there).

As far as keeping the hungar pangs at bay. Rather than drinking a glass of water at a time just keep taking small amounts (if that's not what your doing already).

Ooh, that makes sense as to why I was lightheaded all the time!

6 definately sounds too much.

Back