Drinks allowed on S&S? And Tomatoes!

Good afternoon all

I'm new to s&s, started yesterday, and am struggling with drinking plain water - boring. I don't like tea / coffee / cola and had read you can have some flavours of Tesco / Sainsburys own range, but every bottle I checked had citric acid in?
Any suggestions please?
I'm happy to order water flavourings, if anyone can point out the nicest one, but not ordering again til next week.

Also my friend is doing LL and can have tomatoes, can we?

Thanks x

Like everything else the water flavourings are a personal choice what one person likes another might not.

To be honest youre better avoiding all squash. Everyone seems to just focus on the citric acid element but most of them have things like fruit juice, which is also a no no.

SummerField said:
Good afternoon all

I'm new to s&s, started yesterday, and am struggling with drinking plain water - boring. I don't like tea / coffee / cola and had read you can have some flavours of Tesco / Sainsburys own range, but every bottle I checked had citric acid in?
Any suggestions please?
I'm happy to order water flavourings, if anyone can point out the nicest one, but not ordering again til next week.

Thanks x

I don't do this plan but I remember a friend saying the sainsburys ones used to be on the plan but they had now changed the recipe so you won't find any in there you can drink

SummerField said:
Good afternoon all

Any suggestions please?

Thanks x

Iceland do one, cant remember the brand but apple has no citric. Its 2 for a quid aswell.

Hi I've tried and enjoyed all 3 water flavourings. My favourite was orange followed secondly by lemon and then the mixed fruits. We all have different tastes but just thought I'd share my opinion :) guess you'll just have to try them all :)Good luck

I usually use the perfectly clear apple or the iceland flavoured water in apple

Deffinately going to try some flavourings this month - orange sounds refreshing:)

Guys, please help me outtt:

I went to sainsburys to get the diet cola, and then noticed they had this fizzy cherry drink. I looked at the back and it was made with malic acid but it had 2% fruit juice in it. I compared the Nutritional info with that of the cola and the cola had 0.4 grams of sugar per 250ml and it's on the allowed list, and this only had 0.5 grams of sugar per 250 ml, so i figured that 0.1 grams of sugar is not gona make a difference if the cola is on the allowed list. Ive had some and i swear i feel hungry now and im going to bed, but i'm not sure if im only hungry cos im on day 2 of this or because of the soda. Could this soda have completely undone my journey towards ketosis?

Ok, well i've woken up this morning and I don't feel hungry at ALL, so i think ketosis is setting in. I think what it might've been is the slight sweetness in the drink made my brain sort of go 'hmmmm, sweet!'. I am a bit wary of it tho, i think it might just have to be a small, small glass before bed just to be careful. I won't buy anything else like that in the future though, I'll just stick with the cola.

The other day I decided I am no longer going to be buying anymore flavoured water after checking the label and realising that drinking 2L of it could add 4g of carbs each day and even more if I drink more of it :eek:. I have no idea why I didn't think of or realise this before lol. So I'm going to stick to plain water from now on or I might buy some of the water flavourings from S&S to have every now and then. Since being on S&S for the last 8 weeks I have gotten a lot better at drinking plain water, at first it was a real struggle and the flavoured water really did help, but now I can make do without it so it's all good.

I miss Tomatoes =[

Back