Dripping Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomesGnuts

Banned
Hi everyone,

I know that many off you have had excellent results on cambridge, but my concern with people losing weight so quickly with more than 10stone to lose, are not often aware that they could end up having a body with excess skin resembling dripping wax falling down there body, the only way i can describe it, and then its too late for exercise to correct this and the only option is extensive surgery to cut away excess skin. It is a concern which is why i came off and am now goign to the gym 5 times a week and also eating sensibly, to lessen this, afterall what is the poitn fo being skinny if you can wear fitted clothes to show off your figure. i really suggest that people with alot to lose 10stone or more think about what it means to lose the weight so quickly.

im 20stone 1lb now but i have notice a difference in my skin tone because of the exercise.

many thanks

no doubt kd will be posting lol

Hi Gnome

To be honest my understanding from what I have read is that skin elasticity cannot be altered by exercise although toned muscles will obviously hold things in slightly. Also, that skin can take up to 18 months to return to its final resting state (be that saggy or not) and whilst losing weight rapidly can cause it to be more saggy initially than slower weight loss ultimately in the fullness of time it will end up in the same state either way. My personal view is that it is better to lose 10 stone and have some sagging than to remain overweight.

Cheers
Georgie
x

I think there are two schools of thought here. I'vedone a lot of research on it and i do think that once the skin is stretched there is no going back. I've lost 3stone of the 13 that I want to get rid of so far and luckily there is no sign on sagging yet. I am taking precautions, eg plates, and obsessive used of body lotions, bio oil etc but I'm quite prepared for the loose skin.

I guess it will have to be chopped off one day - and I'm going to see a surgeon about it on Monday. i think my reward to myself is going tobe a tummy tuck and a boob job hopefully in the summr when all the weight is gone!

:D I wasn't going to put any other comment, but I was just reading this on another forum

"I lost 100 lbs. through diet and exercise on my own. Had lots of loose skin, tummy tuck cured my belly skin, and building muscle in all areas have helped but there is still skin... better than being overweight!"
Loose Skin - Topic Powered by eve community

I hear this time and time again. Not just from people who do a VLCD, but those who follow diet and exercise.:p

I'm prepared for loose skin and so is my husband, like many we didn't embark on this VLCD lightly.
But here's my choice... loose skin vs seeing my little boys (1&3) grow up

no brainer really

I'm prepared for loose skin and so is my husband, like many we didn't embark on this VLCD lightly.
But here's my choice... loose skin vs seeing my little boys (1&3) grow up

no brainer really

Well said :clap:

Hi everyone,

I know that many off you have had excellent results on cambridge, but my concern with people losing weight so quickly with more than 10stone to lose, are not often aware that they could end up having a body with excess skin resembling dripping wax falling down there body, the only way i can describe it, and then its too late for exercise to correct this and the only option is extensive surgery to cut away excess skin. It is a concern which is why i came off and am now goign to the gym 5 times a week and also eating sensibly, to lessen this, afterall what is the poitn fo being skinny if you can wear fitted clothes to show off your figure. i really suggest that people with alot to lose 10stone or more think about what it means to lose the weight so quickly.

im 20stone 1lb now but i have notice a difference in my skin tone because of the exercise.

many thanks

Nothing like a good advert for CD.......
Well I think you are wrong, I don't think VLCD = more loose skin
Personally I've lost 6stone and my loose skin is nothing, hardly any at all, I can wear tight fitting clothing and wore a bikini on holiday. It isn't 10 stone, but I don't think another couple of stone would make a difference. I looked after my skin, bio oil is fab.
My sister on the other hand lost 5stone on WW and she has terrible loose skin on her tummy!!!!! So I think it is a personal thing much more than a VLCD thing.
But I do feel that people talk themselves in and out of diets........ and perhaps your just not happy to do the CD at the moment.
Good luck with the weight loss and the loose skin.

I don't care if I'm saggy, at least there won't be a ton of fat wrapped around my heart!!!

I also want to see my Daughter grow up and a few drippy bits are not going to stop me!!!

Hi everyone,

many thanks

I have done swimming for the last 8 years.

Have lost over 5 stones on Cambridge in 16 weeks - my skin is just fine!

The rapid weight loss doesn't cause sagging skin - which is what you would get with a gastric bypass - due to lack of nutrition.

Cambridge is complete total nutrition therefore your body is not losing anything other than fat.

My skin all over my body is fabulous and my face is glowing with health - everyone has remarked on how well I look and how bright my eyes are - even my GP!

This was sent into my mailbox and I thought I would share it as it makes a lot of sense -

One common concern regarding weight loss, especially
losing a large amount in a short amount of time as you
can with Cambridge, is excess skin.

Most people have heard that if you lose the weight
fast you will be left with a saggy tummy or "batwing"
arms. With the large number of people who have had
gastric surgery in the past few years, plastic surgeons
are being buried alive in patients who need body lifts or
various parts tucked and tightened. The rapid weight loss
is blamed.

This is false. It doesn't matter in the least how fast or
slow you lose your weight as far as redundant skin is
concerned. The damage to your skin that causes this problem
was done long before the weight loss occurred. It is due to
the excess weight that your skin was required to accommodate.

Skin is elastic...to a point. It has an amazing ability to
stretch and that can be seen in something as simple as a
pregnant belly and as extreme as a 1,000 pound man.

Unfortunately, it can stretch, but not fully recover
from such a demand; and like a balloon that has been
inflated for a period of time, it can never return to
its original size and shape. It wouldn't matter if you
deflated that balloon in 5 seconds or 5 days, it will
still be stretched out.

The damage has already been done.

Gastric bypass patients have the added disadvantage of
losing their weight through malnutrition and malabsorption.
Because of this, they are denying their body what is needed
for normal repair and rebuilding so their post weight loss
results can be very disturbing.

Large amounts of connective tissue as well as muscle and even
some bone is lost with the effects of surgery and that shows in
their final result. Cambridge users however, will enjoy all the
benefits of complete balanced nutrition so their bodies are being
supported in their efforts to restore and rebuild.

Good muscle tone, vibrant complexions and clear bright eyes are
what they see in the mirror. Of course, there is still the
possibility of redundant skin that may need correction if you
choose, but not anywhere near to the extent as Weight Loss Surgery
(WLS) patients encounter.

So what is the truth about saggy skin? Lose the weight fast or
slow, your excess skin condition is already established. You
can improve your odds though by giving your body all it needs
and you can find that in Cambridge

That makes a lot of sense!!!

Hi everyone,

I understand where you're coming from, but I've tried every diet under the sun--I've done 'eating sensibly' and going to the gym--and failed miserably every time. If that'd worked for me--well, I wouldn't be here, would I?

I'm loving the quick results that CD provides. I'm loving the fact that in 4 weeks I've lost 23 pounds and that by Christmas I may well have lost as much again.

Doubtless healthy eating and exercise is a good way to lose the weight--if you're the sort of person who can stick to that sort of program for a couple of years. Personally, I've found nothing more demoralising than sticking to a diet rigidly for a four weeks (e.g., WW, SW) and still having only lost half a stone, especially when you've got several more stones to lose.

So I may end up with excess skin? Well, after pregnancy, my tummy's never gonna be something I want to show again anyway, so who cares? I can live with it--being thinner is much better than being morbidly obese (which is what I was before I started CD :))

Good luck with it all, anyway!

Last edited:
In a strange sort of way I am glad that GG decided to start this thread because:

It has brought to light the questions that a lot of people ask....and now with answers....

So Thank you GG ;0)

Thanx STBG for that post .............................excellent.

Just to echo everyone else :p
I know for a fact I will have lose "dripping wax" skin when im done, I need to lose 9-10 stone, but if its not full of flab then its all good. I can cover it with clothes, I cant cover fat with clothes.

Excess skin will be there if the damage has been done already weather your on CD, WW, SW, healthy eating, whatever.

deb.xo

Unfortunately, this has all been discussed with GG before...balloons being let down slow or fast, skin being damaged by over stretching etc, and she's just not going to believe that fast weight loss makes little difference.

Hey GG?;)

Skin elasticity is in your genetics. In the lab we have actually been shown examples of skin elasticity using pig skin (iw iw iw) and using water pressure to "inflate" the pig sking to make it fat.

The conclusion form dieting point of view is that with gymming the body shape changes slowly so your skin has more time to heal as you gradually change.
With CD the fat literally gets washed though the system, so your skin is saggy until it heals.

We had to actually test it on our hands too and examine our parents (seeing as im doing genetics i use my parents as testers all the time ;)) and my mother and i have exactly the same skin. She has stretch marks from pregnancy and i am prone to stretch marks too.

If you're going to sag, you will sag if its through the gym or not. Better than being fat though! xx

A few years ago I lost nearly 11 stone by counting calories and exercising, I was still left with hanging skin. Personally I didn't care, I felt great. Hope to feel this way again one day :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back