Dripping Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a huge giggle thinking about Leah's house, her parents wired up and stuff hanging from their skin while she writes about it hee hee, (I'm only jealous, when my son was born they took my brain too) xx

the thing is, how much exercise???? Im exercising 5 times a week, my personal trainer is upping the intensity every four weeks so it benefits, i do believe that if i lose my 10stone this way, my body will indeed look better than if i lost it on cambridge, i cannot believe that anyone would say differently!!!!

Also if cb had all the nutrition that is required than at the 3 month mark you wouldnt lose your hair. Its not that Im trying to disuade people its just that, once weight is lost quickly, than you cant go back and change that, the skin is there then, we'll never know what my skin would look like if i lost it on cb, but when i have lost the weight i will post piccies, i accept that after three bains my tummy will have loose skin, ne ways but ok, time will tell.

But for you to say that regardless of how i lose weight my body will look the same, that doesnt make no sense!!!!

plus points to my cardio already is that i can walk without sounding as if i asthma, lol, no heavy breathing, i feel bulluitproof!!

many thanks for replies!:wave_cry:

Hi GG,

If going to the gym and working out is good for you then that's great.

However I did that years ago and lost 4 stone and was actually quite toned. However i then changed jobs and worked very unsociable hours and found that when i actually had time to go to the gym i was far too knackered and actually preferred to spend the time with my family. I went back to eating unhealthily and put it all back on (no surprise there).

I've since lost 5.5 stone on CD and have another 3 to go and to be honest my skin is exactly the same as when I lost the weight through healthy eating and gong to the gym. Yes I have a stomach but am hoping that it will reduce some more with the extra weight loss and yes by breasts are a bit saggy but they were a J cup so thats to be expected. My arms and legs however arent too bad.

I have to say aswell that I've never lost my hair, infact my skin and hair are better than they have been for years.

I think that weight loss is a very personal thing and its all about finding what works for you. For me CD was the 1 that I could stick too. It has taken food out of the equation therefore helping me to deal with my addiction to it and if i am out i can now eat and stop. It has also been quick which has kept the motivation for me. I have had a few months off and eaten and am now back on with a vengeance.

I don't feel that anyone has the right to tell someone else that their way of losing weight is wrong. Of course your personal trainer will tell you that exercise is the right way, you're paying him every time you go.

Personally if i'm left with lose skin i'll treat myself and have surgery and i'm fully prepared for that, unfortunately its a side effect of over eating.

God luck with your weight loss journey, I look forward to you keeping us updated and good luck to everyone else whatever plan you are following.

Take care

Jo xx

Last edited:
well you say CD causes hair loss at 3 months
ive been losing my hair for 6 months now ( been on CD for a week ) and my hairs acctually starting to look better!
if ur referred to the obisity clinic here apparently its the cambridge diet they put you on! so if the doctors are suggesting it for the morbidly obese then obviously theyve decided the benifits ( reduce in risk of heart attack, stroke, diabites ) out weigh the cons ( loose skin )

also who said that CDers dont excercise? i currently swim ( too heavy to be putting strain on my joints ) and also walk but as i get smaller so under less strain then i will do other toning exercises

When you have been as overweight as a lot of us have been, weight loss will affect skintone and tension. The younger you are, the less effect, but as I am now in my 50's I have accepted the crepe paper-look to my stomach - it is sooooo much better than the over-inflated balloon-look I used to have. Crepe paper I can cover (if I want to) balloons are much harder to hide!

I'm having a huge giggle thinking about Leah's house, her parents wired up and stuff hanging from their skin while she writes about it hee hee, (I'm only jealous, when my son was born they took my brain too) xx

tee hee hee :)

A lot of interesting viewpoints on this thread.

Loose skin was a big concern of mine prior to starting CD, but I decided the pros could possibly outweigh the cons and went ahead with the diet anyway.

Personally, I've not had too bad a time of it. I've lost nearly 4 stone of the 7 to 8 that I want gone. If loose skin is that much of a problem at the end of the diet / maintenance then surgery is a possibility. I am not sure it will come to that, skin is not doing too badly considering I am mid 30's, what I've lost and what still has to go.

I know I feel better with the weight gone and having to disguise a bit of loose tummy skin then I ever did 4 stone heavier and struggling to carry myself around.

I am 44, have lost 5 stone already and have no problems at all yet.

I do swimming for toning - which is the best exercise you can do, incidentally.

I also use both bodyfirming loions and Bio Oil.

the thing is, how much exercise???? Im exercising 5 times a week, my personal trainer is upping the intensity every four weeks so it benefits, i do believe that if i lose my 10stone this way, my body will indeed look better than if i lost it on cambridge, i cannot believe that anyone would say differently!!!!

Also if cb had all the nutrition that is required than at the 3 month mark you wouldnt lose your hair. Its not that Im trying to disuade people its just that, once weight is lost quickly, than you cant go back and change that, the skin is there then, we'll never know what my skin would look like if i lost it on cb, but when i have lost the weight i will post piccies, i accept that after three bains my tummy will have loose skin, ne ways but ok, time will tell.

But for you to say that regardless of how i lose weight my body will look the same, that doesnt make no sense!!!!

plus points to my cardio already is that i can walk without sounding as if i asthma, lol, no heavy breathing, i feel bulluitproof!!

many thanks for replies!:wave_cry:

Ah but Cambridge DOES have all the nutrition that the body requires!!!

The hair loss doesn't come from lack of nutrients, it comes from weight loss - and that can and does happen with ANY diet!

Oh and by the way I am beyond the three month mark, nearly to four, have lost over 5 stones and have no hair thinning, no hair loss, nothing.

Perhaps you should look at your own personal reasons for wanting to do Cambridge in the first place?

You seem to have so many arguments against Cambridge and will not listen to sound medical facts that are presented to you.

Your body will be saggy if that is what is in the genes, simple as that.

As Karion says, you simply don't want to know the truth of the matter.

Hi

While I respect everybody's right to an opinion I think it is difficult when somebody starts a thread like this and obviously has no intention of expanding their viewpoint however well other people put across their points. Skin elasticity is affected by many things like hydration, age, genetics etc but as with any material if you get down to pure physics every material has an elastic limit and stretching beyond this will cause loss of shape and elasticity - so naturally people with more weight to lose are more at risk of loose skin - on any diet.

However the only things we have control over are the skin's hydration by good moisturisation and our nutrition intake. Exercise will tone your muscles - it will not affect your skin elasticity so any difference in shape you see is a result of the toned muscles underneath, and any change in skin condition is a result of hydration or nutrition both of which are in good supply on CD, and exercise is something that many CD'ers do either whilst dieting or after to tone uptheir muscles and alter shape. If you are programmed to get loose skin you will get it on any diet - the only difference is losing weight quicker means the skin that will eventually spring back can't keep up - it will in time but this is why some people see a temporary effect. Some people on any diet will have a degree of permanent loose skin.

Me personally, I am 24 years old and started off with 9-10 stone to lose. I have kept up my water and tried to moisturise regularly but at the end of the day if it's going to happen so be it. 7.5 stone in and so far no loose skin, my tummy looks a little like crepe paper but to be honest only my partner ever sees this and he loved me at 19 stone. Like others point out the enormous and rapid health benefits for most people far outweigh the aesthetics - and surgery is an option if people are truly unhappy. Most of us know that even with loose skin we can still dress fabulously and look slim and healthy.

And STBG is right - hair loss can happen on any diet, the body stops following the correct hair cycle when you decrease calories and it's temporary - again I'd rather have thin hair for a few months than a massive heart attack before I'm 30. My cardio fitness is fantastic, yes I exercise but simply reducing the load on the heart - ie the blood it needs to pump round to oxgenate a larger body, I was able to climb stairs within a month so by rapidly losing weight my cardio fitness shot up.

Please do start these discussions so we can continue to have Mini's as a site for healthy debate but try and come into them with an open mind - everybody respects your decision to lose your weight through exercise and healthy eating, please respect that isn't right for everyone and CD works for a lot of people.

Kerrie x

When people come here with a valid question they do usually listen to the answers.

What is the point of posting the question if the valid answers are then disputed?

Since we are talking about things which have sound medical fact behind them there can be no argument.

unfortunatly it wasnt a question that was put to everyone it was her own thoughts on what should be the way to lose weight
everyone has the right to make their own choices so i will wish her well but her opinions made no difference to me CD is the way to go for me

for me personally i lost 7 stone and then gained nearly 5 with my last pregnancy, im back to my weight i was pre pregnancy and have a really big apron of skin and also round the top of my legs. I have used creams but over the last 2 years have lost over 12 stone and gained during pergnancy.

my skin will go back slightly but i know i will have baggy skin but it doesnt bother me atall. i have been 20stone 7 at my heaviest and had 10 pregnancies 6 resulting in healthy children so i cant expect my skin to go back to normal. I can wear magic knickers as i have no intention of a tummy tuck and leg lift with 6 children to look afterwards.

For ,me i would rather be 12 stone with loads of baggy skin than 20stone7 with none

For some people who have tried cambridge and found it too difficult to stick to they feel they need to justify a reason why they could not continue and i think this could be one of those posts.

julesrush rush
cdc norwich

For ,me i would rather be 12 stone with loads of baggy skin than 20stone7 with none

For some people who have tried cambridge and found it too difficult to stick to they feel they need to justify a reason why they could not continue and i think this could be one of those posts.

julesrush rush
cdc norwich

I think you are so so right here, I feel this thread was started as an excuse for not doing the Diet any more..... simple as that.

I wish her all the luck in the future for losing weight, but think she should listed to the facts before making her excuses for the diet, thoese dieters who don't know any different could be put off by her coments, which would be sad as we all know the truth. Saggy skin or no saggy skin.................

I think you are so so right here, I feel this thread was started as an excuse for not doing the Diet any more..... simple as that.

I wish her all the luck in the future for losing weight, but think she should listed to the facts before making her excuses for the diet, thoese dieters who don't know any different could be put off by her coments, which would be sad as we all know the truth. Saggy skin or no saggy skin.................

I totally agree!

Yes it is a shame that GG is almost scaremongering people away from CD with comments about sagging skin - which can affect many people on many diets!

Thats all a little unfair, i dont have internet access at home and am at work.

Expand, well, at the gym the instructor said i couldnt do the gym if i was only having 500cals as that wasnt sufficient as I would burn 500 cals in a hour workout, which is why I came off cambridge, and i did do lipotrim in february and lost weight and went down to 18stone 9lb, to be honest, with a weight lost of over a stone and a half i would have expected to have gone down a dress size which i didnt, so heres the thing, i been to the gym, five sessions a week, and my clothes are loose even tho I havent registered much of a weightloss, i believe that, as with any change of diet, i will be exercise from now whether im 20stone or 10stone, Im really getting fit and i feel healthier, and my body shape is changing, Im NOT SCAREMONGering, and feel this is a very unfair thing to say, when body builders have a comp on, the do what is called carb loading, firstly they deplete the body of ALL gylcengen stores, carbs everything, and just before the comp all they eat is carbs, their body can go put on a whole stone, i think in weight even tho its not true weight. anyway, you are all you, and you deit the way you want, but im converted, i feel so good. Just thought everyone should know how good i feel. im only having an opinion, seems thats not allowed.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back