dropping a dress size

luckybug

Anyone any idea on how many pounds you need to shift to drop a dress size?
I am at the moment 22 - 20, I can get into some 20s but not all, I seem to hold all my weight around my belly and bum, my arms and legs are quite thin. Several years ago I was a size 10, but I was admitted to hospital and given steroid infusions to relieve my rheumatoid arthritis, which blew me up like michelin man, my boobs were Ginormous, no complaints there, but then my belly and butt followed...boo hoo. Anyhow the doctors all told me to get the weight off, easy said seeing how there meication blew me up to this size, I have a lovely pair of jeans from M&S in my wardrobe, i can fasten the button at a push, but the belly needs removing, as the zip hasnt a chance, so this is why I ask.

Ive found an average of a dress size per stone too

usually a stone for me, but as i've said elsewhere, i have better stone losses than others.
dont forget not all size 20's are the same.
tesco are more forgiving than asda for instance.
M&s used to be a bit larger than other shops per size, but they are actually the smallest measurements now.

Thanks for that, I always thought M&S were a good size 20, I thought I was kidding myself and was no where near a 20 lol

Between 10llb and 14llb is roughly a size for me anyeay....when I got to Size 16 - I found I had it only took 10llbs to get to the next size down....as you said depends on where you gain the weight....I went from a Size 20/22 to Size 12 after loosing 65llbs.....

Primark are good fittings. I'd sy Asda has to be one of the worst though, even in the mens, my husband has to go up a pants size if he gets asda ones. I looked at his online once and there was as much as 3-4" differences in different makes for the same size. And the bust, waist, hip ratio isnt always the same difference either.
We dont stand a chance really.... thers nothing to dent your confidence like having to go up sizes just to get something to fit when you know the sizing is wrong.

Reactions: Bea
You are so right Rowan....you notice the sizes even more as you loose weight...by the way huge congrats on your weight loss.....I tried without sucess to do it on my own...and found LT which really worked for me.....how are you finding intuitively eating? Whats involved....??

Thanks Bea.:thankyou:
Whats involved? Well really it's all about listening to your body (and not your heart lol) and eating when you start to feel hungry and stopping just before you start to feel full. It's not easy and only been doing this maybe 2 weeks now (it's the paul mckenna cd and book) but I like not counting calories anymore. He says you'll like the feeling from a little bit of hunger and being in control. I'm assuming after a month it'll be a doddle:rolleyes:

huge congrats on your baby, not long to go now!:party0019:

hmmmmm, sound like a long term life plan doesnt it.......thanks for sharing...let us know how you get on....plan to go back on LT to shed the baby weight and the last of the few pounds I still had before I got pregnant......

Back