dropping a dress size

abigail09

Gold Member
im sure i read somewhere that the average person will drop a dress size if they loose 6lbs, well ive lost 10 officially (last weigh in was totm) but really 11lbs and i havent dropped a dress size at all yet!! my clothes are looser but definitly havent gone down full size yet, beginning to feel i will need to loose about 2 stone before i get there!! grrr!

anyway, how much weight does everyone on here loose on average before your raking the shops for the next size down?

Everyone is different. I have lost 51lb and gone from overstretched size 18 (realistically size 20/22) down to a size 14 top and 15 bottom! Yeah, it's a real size - or should be!

hahaha totally agree, i have always wanted there to be size 13s!! i suppose ive gone dwn half a size but 10's are still way too tight :(

i started as a small size16 ut 4o reallyi stared out as a 15......iv lost a stone and half and still cant get into a 12 and in some places still not a 14....i think i have just lost all my weight of my fingers and my feet! but they do say you loose it from the places furthest away from your heart first, so top of your head, fingers and toes!

I guess it also depends on where you shop. I buy most of my clothes from New look so I know if I go down in size - or up!

i definately start noticing the difference when i loose (or put on as i have now!) half a stone. when i get to more like 1 stone loss i might be able to fit into a smaller size. do remember though you may have been wearing clothes that were too tight and so you'll actually have to loose more than one size to look good in the size smaller... does that make sense?

clothes sizes are just numbers... its how you feel that's most important!:cool:

yeah that makes perfect sense. I was in clothes that were at least a size too small but stretched really well! When I started to lose weight I was in the same size but more fitted and loads more comfortable

yea tbh i think maybe the clothes i was wearing were stretched, you can see muffin top and belly hanging on my photos, when i first got the jeans on those photos they were too tight i think as i got bigger they stretched definitly. my clothes are definitly more comfortable however they arent too big which i want them to be lol!

In my experience it's usually been more like 10lbs to 14lbs before i've noticed a difference in dress size. I imagine that if you were a size 10, then dropping 6lbs would make a huge difference, but the bigger you are the more weight you'd need to lose to notice a difference.

I can drop 3 dress sizes going between H&M and dorothy perkins - but that's nothing to do with weight!!

My work tunic is hanging off me :) and my tops way more comfy :cool: but the biggest shock was when I was typing my PIN in at Tesco Aycliffe checkout and while I was leaning over my trolley my size 22 jeans slipped to my ankles :eek: so I think I literaly have dropped a jean size :D

My work tunic is hanging off me :) and my tops way more comfy :cool: but the biggest shock was when I was typing my PIN in at Tesco Aycliffe checkout and while I was leaning over my trolley my size 22 jeans slipped to my ankles :eek: so I think I literaly have dropped a jean size :D
Dropping a jeans size! Brilliant!

Back