Drunk Tinkerbell's weight loss journey

Drunk Tinkerbell

Hi all, I'm Sarah, I'm 30 and married with 4 year old twins.

My start weight is 12.2.2, and I'm 5ft 4. My current target is 10 stone.

I'm doing ss+.

So far I'm finding it's going well. I struggled the first few days but drank loads of water which definitely helped.

I suffered from palpitations yesterday and this morning but saw doctor today who wasn't concerned and now I feel better. Think I was maybe feeling anxious about diet. Too many people have said to me "oh it's too dangerous" and I started to freak out!t

I've got my first weigh in tonight and despite being 7lbs down on the scales this morning, they are now only 4lbs down so think maybe time of the month is not helping. Oh well, I'm happy with 4lbs.

Will update later as going out with friends straight after weigh in tonight xxxxx

Well I got weighed last night (first weigh in) and had lost 4lbs. I was a little disappointed because I know I had lost more early in the week but I'm due on today so hoping that caused it...

Went out with work friends last night and was pretty good. I did have two poppadoms which was very naughty and two tea spoons of mango chutney but then had chicken tikka and chicken shashlick and was still in ketosis this morning thank goodness.

Think I might step it up a notch this week and just do ss (but still with a splash of milk in my tea). I have three holidays in the next five months and I will not be a fat blob!!!

You have done 57 posts - it says so under your pic. This diet isnt dangerous in my opinion, well it hasnt been to me, as long as you are sensible and follow simple rules such as drinking water and not drinking alcohol when in ketosis. But if you were a higher BMI your CD would have referred to your GP before you started anyway, to make sure you were monitored.

How are you finding it so far/

Hiya, I suffered with then in the beginning too. They've eased right off now though so hopefully the same will happen for you!
Did you have then before the diet? Could be acid reflux, this diet seems to make it worse in my experience but i'm not trying to freak you out the diet isn't dangerous at all !

I think it must make acid reflux worse because there's no feed to hold down the acid? I did suffer from both palpitations and reflux occasionally before so have got gaviscon to see if that helps x

Try getting some pills from the chemist called omeprozole , or you can get them on prescription if its cheaper that way.
You need to take them for about a week but they really work and are alot better than gaviscon x

Hi Krissy, thank you for that. I mentioned those drugs to my doctor as a friend of mine is on them. He said they're for more extreme cases and I'd be best to try gaviscon first. I think he wanted to put me on something for anxiety more than anything else though. I'm trying to deal with that myself though.

I'm sure the anxiety is caused by my concerns about the safety of this diet. Ironically my anxiety about the dangers is probably causing me more damage than the diet!!

I'm on day 11 now and I'm definitely feeling better than I did the first few days but I still get breathless and palpitations. I'm really hoping this will stop soon as it's putting me off the diet. I almost jumped up to CD 1000 yesterday but am sticking with ss+ for the time being.

My weight loss seems a bit slow compared to most? I lost 4lbs the first week (maybe as was due on period) and I've so far lost I think 3lbs this week. I feel disappointed with those results when looking at people who have lost a big amount in a week but maybe my time will come!

Anyway, I'm off sick today due to a very sore throat and an awfully painful ear. So am having a lazy day in my sweats watching telly. This is when I'd normally be scoffing my face with cake!!

start - 12.2 current - 11.12 target 9.7

Haha, try not to worry about it hun, aslong as you follow it properly its completely safe. My CDC told me that the NHS will be prescribing Cambridge packs soon on prescription for over weight people, they are developing packs that are 200 calories and I think it will be 4 of those a day! See, totally safe :)

4lbs is still a great loss, mine wasn't amazing either considering how big I was. But the first week isnt massively important, most of what you lose is liquid/glyogen stores which you will rebuild when you start stepping up.

Thats interesting - the NHS seems to change its mind regularly about how to handle 'the obesity crisis' in the UK. At the end of the day, anything can be bad for you if taken to extremes and not with care and sensible head!

I dont think I ever had more than 3lbs in one week - but I still managed 3.5 stone. Now I am restarting to get that last stone off, if I ever get started, I am expecting 2 lbs a week.

Morning all!

Day 14 today so going to get weighed tonight. Really looking forward to it!! I think possibly I've lost maybe another 4-5lbs which I'm thrilled with. 8-9lbs in 2 weeks... I'll take that!

This week has been sooooo much easier. I haven't been perfect, I have eaten things I shouldn't. But I've not had any carbs and I've not gone over maybe 800-900 calories each day. I'm kind of following my own plan - 3 products a day, milk in my tea and protein when I'm desperate. Sometimes just a chicken breast, two days I had chicken wings. I'm happy with a slightly slower loss if it makes the diet a bit easier for me to stick to.

I'm ridiculously excited about being allowed to buy bars tonight!! I bloody hope I like them!!

Hubby has said we're going to get an Indian tonight so to treat myself after my weigh in I'm going to have a chicken tikka and salad :))

Second weigh in today and I lose 3lbs. I was a tad disappointed as my scales told me I'd lost maybe 4 or 5.... Those pesky scales!!!!

But I've lost 7lbs now in two weeks and my BMI has dropped from 29.5 to 28!

I have 12 days now until my next weigh in so hopefully I'll get a good loss then :)

Drunk Tinkerbell said:
Second weigh in today and I lose 3lbs. I was a tad disappointed as my scales told me I'd lost maybe 4 or 5.... Those pesky scales!!!!

But I've lost 7lbs now in two weeks and my BMI has dropped from 29.5 to 28!

I have 12 days now until my next weigh in so hopefully I'll get a good loss then :)

Hey a loss is a loss hun well done :)

Well done. I also have the odd snack on chicken or prawns. Sometimes just a different taste or texture is what I need to keep me stuck on the diet. A loss is great - so well done you

I didn't know u had a diary sorry!!!! Been waiting for you to comment on mine!

Twins that so sweet I really want twins I know they must be hard work but such a gift!!!!

Your doing really well!! :) I've had sore throat too thought it may be all the gum I've been chewing!!
My mum is on Cambridge too and she gets bad throat!! Strange!!! It like razor blades when I swallow sometimes! Been getting in once a week for about 12hours then it goes??
Xxx

Start 12.4 Current 11.75 Goal 9.9. Good Luck Everyone :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

It is such a gift having twins. Apart from when they are babies I don't think it's any harder than having two kids of any age to be honest. It was hard when they were newborns! I blame my exhaustion for my weight gain after having them!

start - 12.2 current - 11.9 target 9.7

Back