Dry Mouth?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by hayleyw, 29 September 2009 Social URL.

1. hayleyw

hayleyw Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Afternoon all,

I made it to day 7! Thanks for your support over my first (difficult!) week.

Quick question - does anyone else have a really dry mouth?? I constantly have a dry mouth, the back of my tongue is all cracked and rough (sorry if tmi!) and feels like sandpaper. I am drinking 3-4 litres of water spaced though the day but it isn't helping. Any suggestions as to why this could be or what I could do would be appreciated as it's really uncomfortable! x x x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lucylastic

lucylastic Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(33.61%)
    Diet:
    LL
    Yep, I had that in the early days too - just keep drinking the water, little and often is what worked for me, I constantly had a bottle with me at all times (apart from on my COUNTLESS trips to the loo :D)

4. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    I have this almost all of the time, along with the not-so-great breath issue. Only thing that helps is to keep drinking.

I look at it as a positive though, it's a constant reminder to a) drink more water, and b) that I'm in ketosis and losing weight every day! :)

5. peony

peony Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(17.24%)
    Diet:
    Lost 10 stones on LL/Exante a couple of years ago, have regained several stone so giving WW a go.
    Hiya
    I had that too - and I always felt like I had a hair in my mouth right at the back. Odd. Anyway for me it wore off after a few weeks and all feels fine now.

Well done on cracking your first week - I remember mine vividly - it was hell on earth! Once that ketosis kicked in tho - wow! One of the things that keeps me 100% abstinent is thinking about the horror of having to go through another week like week one!

I can hardly believe I am about to finish foundation, the weeks fly by. Good luck to you on your journey.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

6. hayleyw

hayleyw Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    reassured that I'm not alone - hope I'm lucky enough for it to go in a few weeks but if not then I'm with Pete, a constant reminder that I'm burning fat is not all bad! x x

7. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    me too! thought I was the only one and didn't ask on here 'cos I thought I'd sounder weird(er)! LOL

8. katalena

katalena Enjoying life!

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Diet:
    I was on Lighter Life
    I haven't had a dry mouth or sore tongue but I can recall on more than one occasion when drinking the strawberry or banana shake, feeling like I had a hair in the back of my throat! Didn't happen with any other shakes!

Kat xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.