Dublin, Ireland Meet -Saturday 30th June, 2007

Its next door to the Camden Court hun, a 2 second job!! I know, its mad its only a week away, I mean it seems like forever ago we started talking about it!

Fantastic !! staying at the Camden...so at least I'll get to the pub without getting lost !! absolutely no sense of direction, me !!

can't wait to meetcha !!

love

Debz x

Hi All,

sorry i've been neglecting this thread, moving house takes a lot of effort.

anyhow I've been to both a Newcastle and a Birmingham meet and I suggest we stick to the same format, that of....

3pm Everyone meet in a pub/hotel bar...in this case its Bleeding Horse Pub across the road from the Camden Court Hotel.

Peeps can drink alcohol or water to their hearts content whilst getting to know one another, everyone is free to come and go as they please, there's no agenda LOL....either stay on drinking or go back to the hotels to change and eat, back out to hit the town around 8pm or whatever suits the masses. The hotels are all within 5 minutes walk of Stephens Green/Grafton Street shopping and nightlife, so there'll be no hassle picking where to go.

I've not had time to put a lot of thought into it any further than that, if any of the other Dublin girls want to throw their tuppence in with ideas, I'd be eternally grateful.

Everybody say a little prayer that it'll be dry and warm, I hate pub crawling in de rain, but will struggle on regardless.:p

Hope all is well with the house move Caz.

I don't think there is going to be anything "regimented" about the weekend. I think that we'll all be happy to just go with the flow - I know I will be just looking for a great weekend with great company!

Debz - don't you dare cancel!!! LOL I was thinking of doing the same - but would lose so much money with flights, hotel etc ... and for why??? Cos I'm scared of losing face??? No way - I want to meet you lot - and so ok some of us won't be as slim as we had hoped ... but maybe when we get back from meeting each other it may spur us on! Glad I'm not going to be the only one who feels this way though! Watch out Dublin the MightyMins are on their way!!!

Exactly how i am thinking hun!!!!! The meet will be motivation itself and I would hate to think that any of us would not go because we hadn't lost the weight we wanted to!! Me included. :D

I'm going to meet old friends I have met face to face and new ones I haven't. It doesn't matter that I'm still wearing the body I don't like at the moment as it's not forever and it's still ME inside.

Can't wait!!!!! 7 more sleeps!!!!...lol

Hi All,

sorry i've been neglecting this thread, moving house takes a lot of effort.

anyhow I've been to both a Newcastle and a Birmingham meet and I suggest we stick to the same format, that of....

3pm Everyone meet in a pub/hotel bar...in this case its Bleeding Horse Pub across the road from the Camden Court Hotel.

Peeps can drink alcohol or water to their hearts content whilst getting to know one another, everyone is free to come and go as they please, there's no agenda LOL....either stay on drinking or go back to the hotels to change and eat, back out to hit the town around 8pm or whatever suits the masses. The hotels are all within 5 minutes walk of Stephens Green/Grafton Street shopping and nightlife, so there'll be no hassle picking where to go.

I've not had time to put a lot of thought into it any further than that, if any of the other Dublin girls want to throw their tuppence in with ideas, I'd be eternally grateful.

Everybody say a little prayer that it'll be dry and warm, I hate pub crawling in de rain, but will struggle on regardless.:p

Hi Caz,

All I will have in my survival pack is:
  • A brolly (until I lose it as I always do!!:rolleyes:)
  • A Tena LAdy pad, to prevent those embarassing moments when hilarity takes over 100%, as I know it does.:eek:
  • Indigestion tablets.:D
  • Breath spray.:eek:
  • My name written on the label in my knickers incase I forget who I am....!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Just had a brief day or so in Dubbers and stayed in the Fitzwilliam - great hotel!!! Can't wait for Friday!!! wooooohoooo!!

Just got my reminder and confirmation email from Ryan Air!!!!:D:D:D

Are you getting excited Mini about finally meeting so many of us in person!!! :D:D:D

Don't worry CC .... I was having a real panic and cry yesterday as I've been avoiding posting for awhile.

I'd promised myself I'd be at target by Dublin, then that I'd lose 2stone by Dublin ... then 1 stone - and now not even sure I'll manage a measly half stone. So know where you are coming from ...

But I am looking forward to meeting you all and having a good laugh!

ME TOO!!! was even considering cancelling :eek: cos I soooo wanted to be at goal by the time I met you all....OH keeps telling me I'm daft and that I should go and have a laff... but am really cross with myself for faffing so much....:(

C-C & Bev....I so know where you are coming from...I guess I'll just come on ahead regardless of my failure....:(:(

on the upside....I am so looking forward to meeting all the wonderful peeps off here who kept me on the straight and narrow for the 4stone that I HAVE managed to keep off !! it's just that last bloomin stone that's causing me the probs...:mad:

love...and chubby hugs !!

Debz
xx

Debz - don't you dare cancel!!! LOL I was thinking of doing the same - but would lose so much money with flights, hotel etc ... and for why??? Cos I'm scared of losing face??? No way - I want to meet you lot - and so ok some of us won't be as slim as we had hoped ... but maybe when we get back from meeting each other it may spur us on! Glad I'm not going to be the only one who feels this way though! Watch out Dublin the MightyMins are on their way!!!

Yep, you've got me there too!

I did the same in January for the Newcastle meet - almost pulled out. I posted how I was feeling and got a load of replies from people who were all feeling the same as me and we all decided b*gger it and we had a fantastic time anyway - it's the company that counts.

I pledged to be at goal by Dublin, but in fact I have put weight back on since Birmingham but I am trying to eat intuitively and love myself a bit more. I weigh more but my mind feels lighter!

Anyways, that's too serious. I'm looking forward to meeting you all and after a few glasses of wine I won't care anyway lol!

I think most of us are in the same boat!!! I promised myself i would be at goal but am more than half a stone away from it.

Nothing we can do about it now other than cut off a limb?!?!?!

We're all friends because we have a weight problem, without it we'd have never known each other... Every cloud eh?!?!?!

I couldn't agree more!! I'm not remotely interested what any of you lovely ladies weigh or how close to/far away from goal you are - I just can't wait to see you all!!! :D

I don't think that any one is the weight that they really want to be, so screw it - let's par-tay!!! lol

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I so love you guys! :)

Looking forward to seeing you in less than a weeks time :eek::D :giggle:

I've just called the Camden Delux Hotel (I initially booked the Camden Court Hotel - too pricey!) to confirm my booking. The guy sounded Italian .... I asked him how to get to the hotel .. he says "ooooh I can pick you up if you like..." I said yeah ok ... LOL! I'll be the woman wearing a red rose in her hair ... LOL! :D He sounded like such a joker!!!! :D :D I'm really looking forward to it.

Apparently I need to take the 16A bus from the airport and ask the bus driver to take me to Lower Camden Street. So it should be an easy journey. :)

I've just called the Camden Delux Hotel (I initially booked the Camden Court Hotel - too pricey!) to confirm my booking. The guy sounded Italian .... I asked him how to get to the hotel .. he says "ooooh I can pick you up if you like..." I said yeah ok ... LOL! I'll be the woman wearing a red rose in her hair ... LOL! :D He sounded like such a joker!!!! :D :D I'm really looking forward to it.

Apparently I need to take the 16A bus from the airport and ask the bus driver to take me to Lower Camden Street. So it should be an easy journey. :)

I luuurvve Italian men CC!!!!...lol.

If he looks anything like Andy Garcia or Al Pacino then I hope he works on the reception desk, behind the bar and waits on the tables as well!!!:D:D:D

Are you getting excited Mini about finally meeting so many of us in person!!! :D:D:D

I think we are all very excited about meeting each other this day week!!!

:bliss::bliss::bliss:

the plan should include going to a place with the nightclub downstairs, presumably the world over a big groups of people find it really really hard to get in anywhere...you have been warned!

i would suggest the portobello pub then the porto nightclub, its just down the stairs and its a stones throw from Bleeding Horse and hence everyones hotels...

Its a nice venue and it makes logical sense.

Ivy

the plan should include going to a place with the nightclub downstairs, presumably the world over a big groups of people find it really really hard to get in anywhere...you have been warned!

i would suggest the portobello pub then the porto nightclub, its just down the stairs and its a stones throw from Bleeding Horse and hence everyones hotels...

Its a nice venue and it makes logical sense.

Ivy

Good suggestions Ivy and I know what you mean about large groups sometimes having probs getting into places. They do here in york too.
I guess it will all just depend on how everyone feels by the time it gets to "nightclubbing" time. I know for me, and I can only speak for myself, I lose any idea of any plan or schedule once I've relaxed and just go with the flow. That's me though:D:D:D

Good suggestions Ivy and I know what you mean about large groups sometimes having probs getting into places. They do here in york too.
I guess it will all just depend on how everyone feels by the time it gets to "nightclubbing" time. I know for me, and I can only speak for myself, I lose any idea of any plan or schedule once I've relaxed and just go with the flow. That's me though:D:D:D

Yep, me too. Methinks if I've had one of these cocktails the girls promised me I'll need guiding (or carrying) to wherever we go, let alone make a decision about it!

Yep, me too. Methinks if I've had one of these cocktails the girls promised me I'll need guiding (or carrying) to wherever we go, let alone make a decision about it!

Don't worry darl, one of us will pick you up, make sure you're okay and that you don't need to make any decisions....lol:D

I luuurvve Italian men CC!!!!...lol.

If he looks anything like Andy Garcia or Al Pacino then I hope he works on the reception desk, behind the bar and waits on the tables as well!!!:D:D:D

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'm hoping!!!!!

Back