Dukan-5:2 - the trial

Oh no hun, you are not a failure and you are not hypocritical. You are a human being who has achieved a great thing by losing the weight you have. The problem is sweetie, you are not perfect, but show me someone who is and I'll show you a liar! Now, one pound this week is nothing, you hear me, nothing! I know that to you at the moment it is everything, and I can see from your post that you genuinely fear gaining more, but I have every confidence in your being able to rein it in. You have probably done the hardest thing by coming on here and posting about how you feel.

As to feeling hypocritical about giving other people advice, I would rather take dieting advice from someone who had made some mistakes and admits it, than from anyone else. To me it says that person can understand my worries, guilt, anger, self criticism and all the other things that contribute to a weight loss battle, never mind the food itself!

Now, you go girl - have a lovely half term and claw your mojo back from wherever it went for a temporary rest! You know how to succeed at this. We know you can do it. xx

Thank you moonwatcher - how apt that I am studying the planets and talking to a moonwatcher!!

Thanks chick - I know I know I KNOW in the big scheme of things 1lb is not bad but I think its the realisation that no I have not done nearly enough to adress the excess weight this week - even though I have done 2 days at just 500 calories, it's a realisation that I am beginning to spiral out o control and out of my jeans and I need to do something about it now. I will rein it in but goal weight seems so far away now. the old, fat me would think "EFF this, I'm already 12lbs heavier I may as well be 20lbs heavier - whats the difference?" the mindset of a naturally thin person will never ever be something that comes naturally to me - its something I am always going to have to battle with and at times it does feel like a battle. Sometimes I win and quite often I lose. However, the more battles I win the easier it becomes. Jeesh, I should write a book!

Kellmo you can do this. any diet works if you stick to it so perhaps stick to one diet or the other that feels more like a way of life than a diet. I know exactly how feeling fat can mess up your self-esteem so get back to weighing everything and that pound along with a few friends could well be gone by this time next week. You are not a hypocrite, you are human and we all love to hear how you are getting on/eating whether its good or bad.

When I was approaching my heaviest I was so miserable about my size, how I looked and how I felt, and to make myself feel better...I'd eat. Food never let me down, never judged me, always tasted good and filled the hole where my self esteem used to be. I am always going to have to watch what I eat as I'm always going to be an emotional eater. I may have lost a lot of weight but like you that same battle goes on in my head. My moods relating to food make me feel bipolar...if I'm good I feel great, if I eat something I feel is "bad" it plummets. I'm hoping that SW will even my mood out a bit with regards to food. I'm not depriving myself on it and can have a treat but I am learning that portion control is the key. Doesn't mean I need to eat less...just more of the right things. If I were you I'd give myself a couple of weeks doing SW without fasting and do it you and hubbie together. Stick to plan and see how it goes. Maybe a couple of weeks not feeling deprived on DDs is what you need? And you are totally right,it's how you feel in your own skin regardless of a number or dress size or how you look compared to someone else. :bighug:xxx

Your posts mean so much to me. I agree, food always made me feel better too, my comfort and friend! Bipolar type feelings I can relate to, ecstasy and agony and downright despair/bingeing!

My mum had issues with her weight, I believe she was bulimic (she died when I was 15 so I'm not 100%) - she abused laxatives and put me on diets with her, it was shocking really - the things she used to make me eat or not ever let me eat. I wish someone could have stopped her doing it to us both. Woah, getting way too deep but this is where it all stems from - plus comfort eating from a young age because of family problems.

I will try one full week, full steam ahead on SW. I've arranged to meet a friend for a drink later this week but its just not worth getting drunk and starting on the slippery slope again, I'll work out a plan. I'd enjoy a drink but not 14!!!

Ok. Up early for a dvd workout. Breakfast will be bran flakes and fruit. With tea!

Xx

Thanks Frona and Irish Oz, you are bloody wonderful!

Ok.
Lets go.

Day 1

Skimmed milk 350ml - hexa no 1
Glass of SF vimto

Davina McCall cardio box. - LOVED IT!

750ml water.

Breakfast - 35g bran flakes (hexb no1) with milk allowance.
Banana. Blueberries with vanilla Muller light. (All free on original red plan)

Snack - nectarine. peas in a pod - had a handful and then remembered they weren't free!!! Aaahhh! Will count them as 2 syns. BUGGER!

Lunch - ham and egg salad with 3 ryvita. -hexb no2.
Grapefruit and pineapple. Tea. SF juice.

Walk with dog - 1 hour.

Snack - apple and pieces of pineapple

Bottle of low cal Indian tonic water (love this - even without the gin!)

Tea - sea bass with broccoli, carrot and corn on the cob (7 syns) - did NOT realise these were 7 syns!!! Would have done without!

Snack - curly wurly - 6 syns - apple and nectarine.

Cup of tea.

Syns - 15/105

Last edited:
Kellmo you can do this. any diet works if you stick to it so perhaps stick to one diet or the other that feels more like a way of life than a diet. I know exactly how feeling fat can mess up your self-esteem so get back to weighing everything and that pound along with a few friends could well be gone by this time next week. You are not a hypocrite, you are human and we all love to hear how you are getting on/eating whether its good or bad.

Xxx thank you SOOO much xxx

Everyone else has said it but I wanted to add my support. I know how much a llb on can seem like two stone in the mirror. It's a struggle but you are winning. :) xx

Menu looks great. what kind of moves does davina get you to do - I have no co-ordination lol.

I've got about 3 of her DVDs (stuck in the DVD
Cupboard until emergencies!) - the one I did today was called 'my 3 - 30 minute workouts' and I did the cardio box. There is also a 'pump' and a core stability (will do pump tomorrow) - tried core before and I find it really difficult - no cardio just all strength.

It was simple boxing, skipping and kicking - I think the cool down is unnecessarily complicated so I just stretch. I used to think it was hard but then I did the 30 day shred!! I'm sure it'd be on you tube x
With all your training I think it wouldn't be stretching enough for you x

Oh dammit... Just realised that the corn on the cob I had for my tea has syns as I've already had my 2 hexb's for today. ****.

Oh dammit... Just realised that the corn on the cob I had for my tea has syns as I've already had my 2 hexb's for today. ****.

I have to constantly check the list Kell, it does take a bit of getting used to, it's free on EE though and it's an easy mistake to make

Thursday 30th May

Breakfast - bran flakes and milk (hex a no 1 and hex b no 1). Banana, nectarine and muller light.

Snack - banana and muller light

Lunch - boiled egg, ham, beetroot, salad and ryvita (some of hexb no 2)

Snack - nectarine. Rest of hexb (ryvita) with hex a no 2 (reduced fat cheese) and 2 slices ham. Miller light and blueberries.

I have to constantly check the list Kell, it does take a bit of getting used to, it's free on EE though and it's an easy mistake to make

I know but if I'd have known I just wouldn't have indulged 7 syns!! I could have had a curly wurly FFS!!!

It is difficult. I'm at home all the time and I have to keep really busy or the fridge starts calling to me. x

I don't know how you do it ladybird! Feeding the kids breakfasts of pancakes and nutella, lunches of pasta with tomato sauce with added cheese and snacks of biscuits certainly doesn't help either!!!!

xx

Fortunately I'm not keen on the stuff my kids eat :) I'm outside a good part of the day too cos I run an animal rescue. x

Back