Dukan-5:2 - the trial

Hi all, quick update.

I'm sticking to SW red plan (original) and really enjoying having more or less what I fancy but with some control. Controlled freedom???

I did a really tough down day yesterday and so today was lovely.

Breakfast - Bran flakes, skimmed milk, banana, mullerlight.

Snack - banana and apple

Lunch - half spit roast chicken and large salad

Snack - 2 caramel snack a jacks

Tea - chorizo and veg omelette
SF - jelly

Felt very full all day - but hungry enough for my meals. Didn't do shred today - no excuses, I just didn't want to get up out of bed. I was going to do another fast 24 period starting from 5 today but I'm sticking with SW instead, it's much nicer to be honest and I've already done 2 this week. I hope, hope, hope this way of eating will work for me (I.e not as much!)

Found SW app and can record everything on up days and use MFP for down days (gonna get confusing)

image-865896996.jpg

App

Oh god.

A full bottle of gin managed to make its way into my life last night. Damn you alcohol.

Oooh gin and tonic - drooling! Am thinking you may need a quiet place, not too much bright light, at the moment?

mmmmmm kell I didn't do too bad on the gin front last night either, enough to make me take a couple of paracetamol this morning lol we are wicked arnt we xxx

I am. It was like a small one you can slip inside a handbag at a wedding reception (mwah ha haaa!) to save your skint self some money!

I had a whale of a time for £4.99

Haha! I am still alive! I sneaked it into a wedding do in my handbag (small bottle!) and got wasted for £5. Not gonna go hand in hand with first weigh in tomorrow at SW though. I never THINK these bloody things through!

Well, what an unexpected surprise. I actually lost half a lb. absolutely astonished, the amount I ate/drank on Saturday was frankly ridiculous!!! Do I mention I had a bacon barn, some wedges and mayonnaise too..... And then the rest of the gin. I honestly am so pleased but more about the fact that I Know SW will work for me. If it works after Saturday night it'll work when I'm not an alcoholic fiend too!!!

I had visions of a large bottle of gin but it wasn't. That would have been nasty afterwards. Well done on the loss x

Thank you very much guys. After Dukan I have been worried that there is too much natural sugar in fruit for me to eat it freely but sw has disproved that. I'm really pleased for the loss and the discovery of sw! It's tempting t just do sw all week but I have to remind myself I'm doing 5:2 with SW principles. I love 5:2 and I don't want to ruin it. SW values stops me being a pig and the weekly weigh in with a stranger keeps me on track! Hope you are all ok, love Kellmo x

I feel like such a failure.

This week I have been following slimming world and have done 2 down days. Somehow I have put on one lb. This now takes me to 10 stone 5, a whole 12lbs over my target weight.

I KNOW I havent been following it to the letter - having more food than I really need at mealtimes (eating until Im stuffed) and scnaking more than I should be, late at night is my weakest part of the day - when the kids are in bed I want to relax and reward myself with food. My clothes are feeling tight and I feel uncomfortable in my own clothes and skin, again. This maintaining weight is bloody hard work, much harder than the VLCD or Dukan or 5:2. I feel like I cant stick to anything. I am enjoying slimming world eating but obviously doing FAR too much of it as I have gained. I feel like I am slowly spiralling back out of control and using food to reward myself. I just CANT go back to how I was. I feel disgusted and scared.

So tomorrow starts the slimming world plan, again. (I feel so stupid and hypocritical typing this) - I am on half term this week so there is really no excuse for not exercising before breakfast - I have no early morning plans so I'm going o do Davina DVD I think.... mix it up a bit. Long walk with the dog and back to SW original plan.

Bloody stupid me.

You're right Frona - I have been avoiding posting on here as I feel like a hypocrite - losing so much weight and advising others how to do it and EVERY single hour I feel like I am having an internal (often external) battle with myself over what I want and what I should have. I have so many issues surrounding food and one of them is when I feel fat, I eat. (and I think feeling fat is all relative - dependent on each individual and where they have come from - its not necessarily about dress size, shape or even weight or mass is it?!)

Your posts too are very similar to mine. Scared, anxious, elated when we have a little victory- a little bit manic depressive(!!!) My husband said maybe this is the shock that I needed - my weight has just crept up and up and I've failed to adress it - pushed my luck with it and this is where I end up. I KNOW i'm not obese or perhaps not even overweight on some BMI charts but it's a mental state aswell as a physical one. I am in two minds wether to stick to 5:2 or slimming world all week. There are pro's and cons to both - I do feel so deprived on 5;2 that I tend to treat myself on up days - evidently far too much and so perhaps a full on SW week may do me good? Thing is, Ive convinced old husband to do 5:2 and feel like I'm letting him down if I dont do it with him..... another reason to feel like I've failed.

Thanks Frona, tomorrow will be a clean slate. With full on SW plans, exercise and plenty water.

Genuinely, thank you for your support. Sat in my attic getting upset and trying to do my science work for uni!!!

Kellmo x
(former physical fattie - long term 'mental' fattie!)

Oh no hun, you are not a failure and you are not hypocritical. You are a human being who has achieved a great thing by losing the weight you have. The problem is sweetie, you are not perfect, but show me someone who is and I'll show you a liar! Now, one pound this week is nothing, you hear me, nothing! I know that to you at the moment it is everything, and I can see from your post that you genuinely fear gaining more, but I have every confidence in your being able to rein it in. You have probably done the hardest thing by coming on here and posting about how you feel.

As to feeling hypocritical about giving other people advice, I would rather take dieting advice from someone who had made some mistakes and admits it, than from anyone else. To me it says that person can understand my worries, guilt, anger, self criticism and all the other things that contribute to a weight loss battle, never mind the food itself!

Now, you go girl - have a lovely half term and claw your mojo back from wherever it went for a temporary rest! You know how to succeed at this. We know you can do it. xx

Back