Cruise PP Dukan and being positive

CHRISR

Gold Member
had a stressful week with students major issues and then to top it off my car park pass which costs per year £150 fell out of my windscreen into the footwell of the front seat so guess what I got a penalty notice for illegally parking on my work car park. So £45 fine if I pay within 14 days or £90 after that - ouch :sigh:!. I am miffed but not mad. The pass was in the car just the 'operative' could not see the damn thing! Anyway my point is im not ruffled at all, at one time I would have gone straight to the biscuit tin - Amazing! Is this just me or anyone else feeling the same? More people are beginning to notice that I've lost weight even students so its a great feeling because sometimes its hard to realise actually how much you have lost ! Im off tomorrow thank goodness :)

It might be worth a try explaining that the door closing blew it down as often happens...

Well done for not reaching for the biscuit tin:happy096:

It can be difficult at times to see the weight loss in yourself but it is lovely and very motivating when others notice, well done on your weight loss!

Would defo argue the point - I had the same thing with a parking ticket and they let me off as I had bothered to write enclosing said ticket which had blown off the dashboard!!! It's fab when people start to notice you have lost weight. Some people have noticed now I have lost a bit but quite a lot haven't but since I have another 70lbs to go not really surprising. Keep up the great work!

Some people have noticed now I have lost a bit but quite a lot haven't but since I have another 70lbs to go not really surprising. Keep up the great work!
It is only recently that some people have said something to me but people who are 'friends' havent said a word - strange!

I saw a "friend" recently who I hadn't seen for a few months - I was 4 stone less than last time we met and she said nothing!! It's a lovely feeling when people notice, I'm glad you are getting it more as it is a good motivator - especially when you aren't really noticing the change yourself.

Isn't it odd how some 'friends' react. I do think much of it comes down to jealousy, it can make them take a look at themselves and feel less than great, so unable to congratulate you on your wonderful achievement!

all the other lovely comments make up for it though :)

Xx

Isn't it odd how some 'friends' react. I do think much of it comes down to jealousy, it can make them take a look at themselves and feel less than great, so unable to congratulate you on your wonderful achievement!

all the other lovely comments make up for it though :)

Xx

Change does seem to challenge people; if we see other people quietly change and progress we lose the security that comes from never trying to change ourselves.

It's not just weight - if someone takes a risk to change a career, or go back to college, or go travelling, or turn a hobby into a business, its amazing how much negativity that can stir in people who are invested in things staying exactly the same.

Atropos - you always some very wise words which I really like. Very honest and thoughtful.
I agree sometime people dont like to congratulate people because of the jealousy and the fact they are being 'left behind'. I always get the 'well it wont last long' or 'she will only put it back on'. Why all the negativity?? Its nice that people can be supportive rather than negative - the old saying of if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all is so true.
Those great comments will motivate you even more (sometimes I find the negative ones do too!!). One friend once said to me, after I lost 2 stone - i am going to start XXXX diet as I cant have you being thinner than me!! I guess I had always been the bigger one and people find security in that as they will always look slimmer against me. So its not a case of looking at themselves and thinking I could do with losing a few pounds it was well I am not as big as Pam so phew thats ok! Have not seen a few friends lately so am wanting to be looking good when I do. x

Back