Dukan Birthday cake or alternative?

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by wkdstepmum, 5 October 2011 Social URL.

1. wkdstepmum

wkdstepmum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    It's my OH's birthday on Tuesday and I really, REALLY want to bake or make something that is like a birthday cake but Dukan friendly so I can have some...
    I haven't really tried baking any Dukan cakes yet so I don't know if there is anything that doesn't *taste* too Dukan-y but if there is anything that could pass as not Dukan while remaining true to the diet I'd love if some of you Dukan Masterchefs could let me know x
    :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cheryl7

cheryl7 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.47%)
    Diet:
    WW
    If you've got guests coming then I'd say go for two... one that isn't Dukan friendly (for DH and guests) and an alternative Pavlova that is (for you and unsuspecting/healthy guests)?? Or there was a seriously delish sounding cheesecake in one of today's threads.

Or if it's just you and DH, go for 2 mini pavlovas and top his with strawberries and his favourite crumbled chocolate, oh and a candle! :D

4. Brownie_Earthquake

Brownie_Earthquake Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(15.63%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    You can try making a Dukan-style cake, (oatbran, eggs, yoghurt, milk, sweetener, flavouring of your choice) and you could make an icing or a sauce using skimmed milk powder.

Just mix the milk powder with Splenda and milk or water to the consistency you like - thinner for a sauce, thicker for an icing. You can flavour it, if you want, with vanilla, or add fat reduced cocoa powder if you want a chocolate sauce.

This is all Dukan friendly so you can have it during the diet, but it is best to keep it to a once a week thing, I think :)

5. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I made my sister mini dukan birthday cakes out of dukan toffee muffins, sandwiched together with greek yogurt mixed with cocoa powder, with a candle in each one.

6. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    did you find the low fat cocoa powder though Atropos? and with the 1tspn limit, was it sufficient to be able to taste it?

I use philly xtra lite (+ sweetener and flavouring), and add goji berries to mine :) (restricted to 30g a day, tolerated in cruise)

7. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Yes and yes - (my sister brought a tub back from the US). I used 4 tsps as we had 3 dukaneers and a civilian to feed.

8. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    aaah re U.S.! Shame such stuffs aren't readily available in the UK. Did anyone find a good source for a low fat chocolate powder? Here it's easy to find! (and tastes nothing like cocoa! very bitter tasting!)

9. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Thinking about it - I'd probably revise the recipe now, and make the muffins lemon and nutmeg and the filling lime and yogurt - so only the wheatbran in the muffin would be "tolerated" - all the rest would be straight pp.

10. wkdstepmum

wkdstepmum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    YUM!!! All great ideas and am definitely feeling better about the whole thing...I've been dreading the treats that I'll have to get for him *he's really one for picking at food so usually I would make an array of little petit fours and a large cake* But now I think I'll do the muffins or perhaps the pavlova!!! Actually looking forward to it now :) x Thanks girls!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.